Old Farts are here

With that kind of attitude you might be just fine with this group. the term old fart pulls out the ore mature players. Dont get me wrong if your a A-- your a A-- no matter what age you are

1 Like

Am 39 been playing forza since forza motorsport 1 on the og Xbox
I just drift around on horizon 5

3 Likes

52 years old here. Not a gamer at all. Never played a video game in my life until I was at a guys house one day, and saw an white steering wheel looking thing sitting in a corner. I asked him what it was for, and he fired up his Xbox 360, setup the steering wheel, and showed me how to play Forza Motorsport 2. As a car lover, I was amazed! Went out that weekend and bought a 360, the wheel, FM2, and started playing. I bought FM3 and FM4 when they came out, and of course the original Horizon. I skipped FM5 when it released because it required not just purchasing a game, but also an Xbox One console, as well as a new wheel and pedals, and I just couldn’t justify that. Eventually, the 360 died, and I bought an Xbox One, a Logitech G920 and FM6 as well as Horizon 2. I used that until just this past October, when i bought a Series S specifically in anticipation of the release of FM5 (the Xbox One is out of memory now anyway, and I couldn’t bring myself to delete anything). I’m still using the One to play FH4 and FM7.

I’m not a great player online, no idea how some of you guys drive like you do, but I can usually manage a mid-pack finish in the Trial if I don’t get rammed out of any checkpoints, and have even won a couple when the racing gods allow.

I play mostly for the cars, and whenever possible, use a stock car. I even played FH4 using almost exclusively right hand drive cars, as I tended to avoid them in all the other games for some reason, so I enjoyed using cars I tended to gloss over before.

Hope to see you guys out there. Glad to know I’m not the only old guy on the road. If only there was some way to have my left blinker on all the time!

4 Likes

Now PGG has to add this thing

;D

2 Likes

Getting older (just turned 60mg) and now I’m looking forward to needing a mobility scooter lol !

EDIT : …and the “profanity” bot fails again. Ridiculous. Soon all posts will be entirely composed of * * * * * * *

2 Likes

now thats funny love it ill take 2.

I’ll be 45 in a couple weeks.

2 Likes

Well I’m 57 so I think I qualify as an old fart, I remember playing on one of those Binatone game things, also on Atari 2600 and on a Amiga 600 computer too.

3 Likes

Wow. Seems like we might need a discord for the old farts as there are obviously plenty of us. I do have access to a discord server to help folk with FH5, tuning, etc., but I don’t want to list it too openly.

With that in mind, feel free to PM me (and friend me) for an invite to the discord server. The discord server is for friendly advice and friendly races. And, because FH5 is an arcade racer, we don’t really care if folks bump one another while racing so long as everyone is having fun. All we ask is that everyone does their best to stay focused on the fun by avoiding politics and/or other highly controversial issues.

In the long run, the more racers, builders, and tuners in voice… the better the game gets for all of us.

At present, there are only 3 or 4 using the discord server so there is plenty of room for more of you.

P.S. As for my age… I used to dial in on a 300 baud modem… Do you want to play a game?

3 Likes

56 on the downhill slope to 57. Started racing games with some F1 game back in the early 90s which was on one of the PCs in the computer room at Manchester. Moved on to a few NFS games (Most Wanted 2005 and 2012, Hot Pursuit, The Run), and then more recently, Horizon 4 and 5.

2 Likes

I´m coming 52 in a few month´s and playing videogames since i was 11 year, and i never stopped with gaming. I used almost every console that exist in these 40 years of gaming.
You are never to old for gaming, ReportedPeak2 proves that :smile: :+1::+1:

2 Likes

I am 55. Been playing Forza games since the first one on the original Xbox.

I like tinkering with tunes, trying to improve my times in Rivals. I havent done a lot of online racing since Forza Motorsports 4- I am not too crazy about the lack of choice the present game offers (I usually prefer D to A class road racing which isnt always on offer). But hey, I still enjoy the game

Cobbie Wan

3 Likes

Well i see we have a good start. I know theirs more out there but just dont use the forums And i absolutely know there are women so it may need to be a no age given thing there np.
out of 15 million players i new a few would pop up out of the wood work. Lets see where this goes. Now some of these folks may already be on a team and thats ok. But we can do a discord thing if you would like. I can make a public one i dont mind or someone else can. Also was curious if we were xbox or pc I personally do both. just depends how im feeling for the day.
but at least you can see names you might want to follow so you can link up easier.

1 Like

Go on then, I’ll bite. Just coming up to 45 and not a guy last time anyone got round to checking.
Loving that this thread is making me think of myself as much younger than I usually do.

1 Like

Soon be 44 based in the UK, feck thats scary to type. Been playing forza since motorsport 1 still my go to above any game. Love doing tunes & publish all the good ones, happy to help anyone out with events and tunes. How about we put an old guys team together, help each other out & keep the old farts rolling?
H
Gamertag: Heycha

3 Likes

Child of the 70s, so I’m definitely in the right ballpark. Horizon 4 was my first foray into Forza. Hadn’t touched any gaming since original Gran Turismo in the 90s, but brought up on a diet of Revs (yes, that one on the BBC B). Now, clearly entirely addicted with Horizon 1 to 5 and Motorsport 5 to 7 all taken a hammering on the Xbox.

There certainly seem to be plenty of us old farts around here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

42 here so I guess I’m an old f@rt myself. Nice to see so many, ahem, “old fellas” still gaming. Lately been asking myself how much longer I have left to play games like this. I’ve noticed my reflexes are not what they used to be but I guess that happens to everyone. I gotta say though, ReportedPeak2, you are an inspiration to us all and I hope to reach that gaming milestone myself. Whatever your doing, keep it up!

1 Like

44 here, with 3 young boys 6-11. Started on FM6 a while ago, but couldn’t get on with a controller. In the last couple years though, went wheel, played FM7 for a bit, but then switched to Grid 2019, ran league in PC3. Got a sim rig and took up ACC and raceroom, where I did pretty well. FH5 is my first horizon since it works with a wheel and I am having fun taking a break from sim racing. I’m fast in Rivals road and do decent in online. Obsessed with non power build RWD cars and have built and tuned a few that are actually good in rivals and online. At a bit of a disadvantage against controller players in cockpit, but I still do well. Terrible at drifting though and haven’t played eliminator yet.

1 Like

Hi all, I fit the description, at least that’s what the old guy in the mirror says. Grew up in the 70s, living in AZ.

1 Like

ok set up a discord for any one here that would like to use it.

shoot the crap race drift just have a good time and above all else have fun