No paid tokens in Forza 7 OR Horizon 4??

I just read in an article on the Forza Summer Update that there won’t be paid tokens in Forza 7 OR Forza Horizon 4, even though previous Forza games like FH2, FM6 and even FH3 had them. This is the quote from the article that mentions it:

“Similarly, paid tokens – which were a part of previous Forza games – will not be coming to Forza Motorsport 7 or Forza Horizon 4.”

What could be the reason for this decision, I wonder??

My guess would be T10/Playground are trying to distance them self from the micro transaction craze/accusations that have been prevalent in the gaming industry the last few years. In FM5 or 6 when they introduced the mod cards a lot of people had an issue with it and cried that it was too similar to loot crates used in FPS games, in FM7 with the prize crates a lot of people have been complaining about the “micro transactions” and some have even gone so far to say that it should be considered gambling. The elimination of the tokens, which were actually a micro transaction just further distances T10/Playground from the failed Prize Crate system.

I would like to point out that the prize crates although very similar to micro transactions, are not actually a micro transaction as you can not use real money to buy prize crates.

It seems like in the last couple months T10 has really started to do a 180 on their community relations and development practices, I am not sure what triggered the change but all in all I am not complaining, I am liking the way it looks like Forza will be going in the future.

2 Likes

May be that T10 and PG actually care about their communities (in their special way), and the new leadership @Microsoft Studios, which is taking a more gamer-oriented stance and has acquired additional sources of revenue, doesn’t need to push them as much to implement lucrative features, such as tokens, loot crates and time-locked content to increase continuous player engagement?

Forza Horizon 4 is shaping up to be one of the most player-oriented experiences in the recent history of triple-A titles; and T10 is hard at work to make FM7 just as good, despite the fact that any such change isn’t likely to move many additional units of the game. My cold, black heart has grown a size or two seeing how much dedication those guys are putting into making good, enjoyable driving games now that they (apparently) have more freedom to implement their vision.

2 Likes

Who cares. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

3 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

2 Likes

I actually like the crates
Gives me something to waste useless credits on now that i have nothing else to spend them on

2 Likes

I wish they’d put car parts or body kits in them

oops, that goes in the wish list. Not really a wish, cause I really don’t care.

1 Like

And

What is it with people 'round here with cats in their sigs being so durn cranky? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What fur you thinks we is cranky? People P&M’d about microtransaction since FM7 was released and there were never any microtransactions. That’s my idea of cranky. Since they got their way, all we want is a little of what’s in the game to be left. BTW, If I am really cranky, it’s not the cat, it’s my husky, Doberman, German Shepperd and lab that cause that! The cat’s a lover not a fighter, but he’s great about catching mice, just wish he’d kill’em. He’s a catch and then shows me what he got before he lets it loose again…

1 Like

It only took talby like 10 years and 9000 posts to finally get a signature so let’s not bother him too much. It’s a step in the right direction. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We aren’t cranky but my cat is
Not sure about CRracer’s though

1 Like

I’ll have to add a cat pic an join the club lol

2 Likes

Can i start a petition to bring the crates back
Just for driver gear and badges
What else can i spend all those extra credits on now
Dont want to be stuck with milions of millions like previous games​:blush::blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

999,999,999 in Forza 6 lol. Hopefully another way will be added to get more gear. I don’t really care in the end. Just something to do also with the excess credits. I’ve never bought tokens in any Forza game. I think they gave us a few free ones when they added them to Forza 6.

1 Like

Pretty sure there was 100 tokens when initially launching fm5, which I used 75 of them for the XP boost and did an hour endurance race toax it out. Not sure about fm6 though.

My bad, no free tokens in 5, musta been 6 I recently played

Double my bad, there are 100 free tokens in fm5, I think they show up after first championship or maybe first race, idk, just know they are there today, wasn’t yesterday.

I never bought the mod crates in fm6 either
At least with fm7 it was something that wasnt to actually get more useless credits
Only just started buying the crates recently to waste the credits on

1 Like

I bought mostly for the driver level up XP boost, to get the cheeves faster.

1 Like

IMHO Forza Horizon was one of the few games to actually get micro transactions right. They didn’t intentionally put in stop-gaps that required you to either A) Grind for endless amounts of time to move past a challenge or obtain an item, or B) Pay a small fee to unlock something that made it easier to continue (i.e. GTA Online, most Smart Phone games, etc.).

The MT’s were inexpensive, and gave you alot for your money. At the same time though, you could obtain enough funds to make proper upgrades to cars by doing a reasonable amount of racing. There was balance there.