No actual countdown timer

“Time saving” is a bit odd on a two second thing…
Loading screen → 3, 2, 1, go
I mean afer the race there are four screens that could be one or two… and on some cars I easily lose those two seconds because I can’t start properly.

1 Like

3 seconds times 100 plus races equals time saving. It caught me off hard in the beginning but what difference is it at beginning of race or 3 seconds when you know when it going to start. So I’ll take the 3 seconds bank, that more the half of Goliath in 100 races. Or when I’m doing rivals and going for clean off road event it saves me big time.

That’s what I mean about time savings

I understand your point, and somewhat agree but I’ve come to like this for the reason above.

1 Like

Do you shift manually, or use automatic? That makes a world of difference. I agree auto drivers wouldn’t care about a delayed HUD tach.

Edit: I could get used to the quick start, if the HUD tach showed up then, instead of 2 seconds too late.

like all good ideas this will get shot down by auto drivers who are content with the times they are running

I’m manual with clutch not auto. I’ve been manual since FM4. I run no assists at all in FM6 (save normal steering)

I could careless either way. Only time I really use tach was learning to shift When I had Rally engine that needed to be shifted at 5.5k rpm due to power band. I usually let speed or sound tell me when to shift

It also works fine with awd cars but as soon as there is rwd or even fwd where you pretty much need to hit a certain point to launch it gets really tricky. Not only you have to hit the spot, you only have one try and this is mainly blind.

I do not care about online btw…it’s the same, but we are all in the same boat, so it’s totally fine…but in singleplayer it really bugs me.

If I remember right, Forza 4(might have been 3) had the same issue on release and they added it in about a week later. So let’s hope they do the same this time around.

As for no hud, that’s not too big of an issue for me, I mostly shift by sound.

i hate the countdown timer , useless slow animations , no need for that , just annoying to sit there while its counting.

The way it was done in horizon 2 was perfect imho. A speedometer at the start is a must

1 Like