Nissan Fairlady Z 1983-1989 (Z31, 300ZX)

Click VOTE above to indicate your interest in this model for Forza Horizon.
Reply below to provide details about the cars you’re requesting.

Click the tags on this topic to find and vote on other similar models.

Nissan Fairlady Z (Third generation)

If we have to narrow it down, can we all agree on a 88 Shiro Special as the “showcase” for the z31?

18 Likes

I realized that theres no Sample picture nor specs, so heres the stock config (thanks XenonZCar)

The Special Shiro Edition had the following as standard equipment and No options:

• 1002 made between 1/88 and 3/88
  • VG30ET engine - 205 HP
  • 5spd. Overdrive Manual Transmission (no auto available)
  • Viscous LSD with 3.700:1 ratio
  • Two-seater
  • T-tops
  • Black interior
  • Cloth Recaro seats (Click for Picture)
  • Unique Cloth inserts to match the Recardo Seats
  • Exclusive for 1988 3 stage Pearl White paint
  • Exclusive white 16" wheels
  • Exclusive “European” air dam, (This was offered in the Euro Market on turbo models from 1987 up to 1989)
  • Analog, white digit dash, Amber lighting
  • Non-adjustable suspension
  • Thicker Sway Bars (26mm thick anti-sway bars in the front and 25mm thick anti-sway bars in the rear)
  • Higher rate springs (207lb per inch Front and 224lb per inch Rear)
  • Manual climate controls
  • About 125lbs. weigh savings over standard Turbo model

and a sample pic of an 88 Shiro to round it off

23 Likes

So funny I see this and my website is referenced.

13 Likes

Hey what’s up I wanna contribute to this as best as I can. I’ve had my 84T for about 8 years now. I’m pretty familiar with the Z31 platform. If I don’t respond on here than you can follow my IG. @KnineliveZ

I have an 84 Turbo Z31 GLL (digital dash), 87 Turbo Digital Dash, and 87 na digital dash! I would love to help contribute whatever I can to bring the z31 into forza!

14 Likes

Considering that there are numerous copies of the same vehicle for other models, i would love to see a 50th anniversary AND a shiro special. I cannot choose which one i like more. I would be happy with any version. It would actually get me to start playing the game again. I got bored of it quickly. No z31 and no sw20 mr2 either, i was rather disappointed.

12 Likes

If the car does get added someday, i hope we can add rally parts like the car that won the 1985 all japan rally championship

More info on it if anyones interested

23 Likes

Please add the car I would love to see more z31’s in video games as it is often overlooked because of the z32. Sincerely a some guy with a 1985 z31

11 Likes

I would like to also input and say that the Z31 has SOOO many options and folks willing to have their cars scanned, copied whatever is to be done to have them created. I would say though i would like to see the 87-89 turbo model put into the game. Shiro would be the best option

7 Likes

If we get the 84-85 with the bodykit options to turn it into the AE and the 87-89 with the bodykit options to turn it into the SS or the 86 by changing the headlights and tail lights. Then everyone with a Z31 will be able to recreate their car in-game. Make them all 2 seaters, the 2+2 owners will just have to suck it up

5 Likes

Bro, no, either 84 50th ae or 86 turbo gll (digital dash) but preferably the ae

4 Likes

A Shiro, or a 50th anniversary z31 would be great to have, here is a photo of my shiro

The Shiro featured Moon Glow pearl white paint, tinge of purple flake, with a very subtle touch of green flake. Truely the most beautiful paint when the sun begins to set and the light hits it just right.

A race car z31 version to feature would be The legendary Paul Newman z31 300zx race car

I was a young guy playing forza motorsport 2 when it first released, wishing the z31 would be recognized for the amazing machine it truly is.

9 Likes

1984 50th anniversary edition would be sick too. I own #3495/5148

3 Likes

Tom Cruse also had a Planters sponsored Z31 Race car

2 Likes

I’d pay extra to have louvers to add to the rear window! :heart_eyes: I’ve been dying to have the z31 in a proper game.

15 Likes

I’m all for this!
I’d love to see an 86 turbo and an 87-89 turbo available and hopefully an 88 Shiro as something special. I’d pay good money for these in game!
Here’s my 88 turbo (not a Shiro)

7 Likes

Race car replica, painted to look like the Newman Z31 race car.

This is the actual race car.

10 Likes

Any updates to this? Is there anything the devs need per say? I wanna help with whatever I can provide.

5 Likes

recirculating this to the top for fresh eyes. If the idea is to use something from the 84-86 2+2 range, I can provide my 85 for scanning\in-depth reference pictures, etc as it is mostly stock.

7 Likes

I own a 1986 turbo GL z31 300zx completely stock
I would love to see 5 different cars added
1984-1985 “Zenki”
1984 50th anniversary edition
1986 “chuki”
1987-89 “kouki”
1988 Shiro special edition
If I could pick one it would be my car but any would be amazing to see!
It would be very cool to get one car that had customizations to change the minor differences between the facelifts.

4 Likes