News about Forza Motorsport | launch announcements

When can we expect to hear about Forza Motorsport 8? Will it be out at launch of the new Xbox series X?

Microsoft is doing an Xbox Series X gameplay showcase on May 7th, We may see something there.

1 Like

nope we wont, its just a 3rd party partners event

Looks like it will be in June!

While this May 5th announcement does not mention Forza specifically, it provides some road map to Xbox’s plans this year:

Xbox 20/20: Join Us as We Look into the Future of Xbox
by Jerret West, CVP, Gaming Marketing
May 5, 2020 @ 6:00am
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/05/05/xbox-2020-the-future-of-xbox/

May / June / July 2020 outlook

While Forza is not mentioned specifically in Xbox’s 20/20 plans, these tweets from Aaron Greenberg on May 5th provide some timeline to watch:

“We have too much to show/reveal this year, it cannot fit into one show. So get ready for new stuff from us every month leading up to holiday. Starts with #InsideXbox on Thursday at 8am PT”^

“If helpful the Thursday [Inside Xbox livestream] will have Xbox Series X gameplay from some of our partners. Note many of our biggest partners are working on summer timelines, so this is the start of these monthly reveals. Expect a variety of unique games with some new 3rd party IP as well this month.”^

“Common Qs: Thursday show will be under an hour. June news will be done differently than Inside Xbox show. July is the big Xbox Games Studios show, we will go around the world to see first looks & even new game announcements from those creative teams. Will answer more in replies.”^

Q: so there will be a june show/event/thing then?
A: “There will be news we are planning to revel/release, but not an Inside Xbox show next month.”^

Q: Will any first party be there? Even as a teaser of sorts for the July show?
A: “Nope, saving for big July show focused on 1P.”^

Q: For july it will be several showcases or only one for everything in the same time and place ?
A: “One big show for July planned at the moment.”^

“All of our major Xbox Game Studios releases will launch on PC and GamePass allowing our community to stay connected no matter where they choose to play.”^

In response to a question about community feedback on the upcoming title, Chris Esaki tweeted on May 13th, 2020:

https://twitter.com/LoungeToy/status/1260768950461161472

Announced on June 26, 2020: Microsoft is planning to permanently close its physical retail Microsoft Stores other than the flagships in London, New York City, and Sydney.
https://news.microsoft.com/2020/06/26/microsoft-store-announces-new-approach-to-retail/

Although this doesn’t directly address Forza, it would obviously affect purchasing the game and attending game launch events.

Xbox Games Showcase - July 23

Today Xbox announced the date for the July update in its summer monthly “Xbox 20/20” plans - the Xbox Games Showcase (what we could think of as the annual Xbox E3 Briefing replacement). There is no mention of any specific games in this announcement, so by no means does that mean the inclusion of any Forza content, but given the possibility, this would be a key event to watch.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1280139454796009477

2 Likes

July 23, 2020 #XboxGamesShowcase Reveal

Trailer: Xbox YouTube | Forza YouTube | @Xbox Tweet | @Forzamotorsport Tweet

• gameplay showing the garage and racing on Laguna Seca, name and font

Article: Xbox Wire | fm.net/News

Forza Support Announcement/FAQs

1 Like

A closer look at ‘Forza Motorsport’ for Xbox Series X
A Turn 10 architect and Xbox director talk audio, visuals and latency.
Jessica Conditt, @JessConditt
https://twitter.com/engadget/status/1286336535235895303
https://www.engadget.com/forza-motorsport-xbox-series-x-first-look-interview-162008531.html

• Ray tracing improves realism; without it developers would have to compromise with approximations that result in flat lighting.
  • “Convolution reverb is a large part of this upgrade. It’s essentially ray tracing for acoustics, providing a realistic, dynamic simulation of sound in any physical space. Using convolution reverb, Turn 10 developers are able to sample sounds in specific areas – say, the plush interior of a luxury vehicle or the hollowed-out body of a race car – and apply it to the proper on-screen scenes in real-time.” This technology is enabled by dedicated hardware in next gen devices like Xbox Series X.
  • Low latency and dynamic latency input are important due to car speeds exceeding slow latency response times.
1 Like

Forza Monthly - July 27, 2020 livestream

Video: YouTube | Twitch

Chris Esaki appeared during the July 2020 Forza Monthly livestream to talk with host Leahviathan about the unveiling of Forza Motorsport during the July 23rd #XboxGamesShowcase event. Highlights:

• Foundational work on tools and tech allows the team to build cars and tracks more quickly, at incredible detail, and scale up for high-end PCs and Xbox Series X but also support lower-end PCs.

• Motorsport forward: The ‘Motorsport’ portion of the new logo is the emphasized intentionally, and the Xbox Games Showcase trailer shows off how you the player and your team show up in liveries on and off track. “Doubling down on motorsport.” “We are going to be the most motorsport Motorsport we’ve made.”

• New audiences: Game Pass helps bring in a new audience to the community. The development team has the most diverse backgrounds in a Motorsport team yet. A focus on accessibility and inclusivity. Working directly with members of the community about competitive experiences in Motorsport.

• Player feedback: The ability to create and change content quickly allows for faster response to player feedback. “I really think of the new Forza Motorsport as as love letter to our longtime fanbase as well as a big welcoming to potential new fans that may come in through things like Game Pass.” “The team, especially me, has been spending a lot of time with our streamers, our content creators, understanding their needs around their streaming and their content creation and community and what that means. We’ve read every forum post, we’re all over social media, we know every single feature and car request that have ever come into the Forza Motorsport universe so I think we’re pretty in tune. And I think we’re set up in a way now where we can really deliver on that promise of those features.”

• Ray Tracing: Ray tracing is coming to Forzatech (the engine that powers the game). A whole host of other technologies to improve visuals on cars and track environments (photogrammetry, new laser scanning) help support what ray tracing reveals.

• Immersive connection: “That word connection means a lot to me and the team. When I think about this next generation I think that’s the word that really defines it for me.” Ray tracing allows players to connect to cars and tracks. Next gen is “really about building this welcoming home where you and your friends can have a great time creating and competing.”

• “We’ll be sharing a lot more soon.”

1 Like

I get that FM8 isn’t coming out anytime soon, but when are we getting new info? I don’t want to have to wait until E3 next year just for it to be the same exact game as FM7.

This statement is very encouraging:

“Player feedback: The ability to create and change content quickly allows for faster response to player feedback. “I really think of the new Forza Motorsport as as love letter to our longtime fanbase as well as a big welcoming to potential new fans that may come in through things like Game Pass.” “The team, especially me, has been spending a lot of time with our streamers, our content creators, understanding their needs around their streaming and their content creation and community and what that means. We’ve read every forum post, we’re all over social media, we know every single feature and car request that have ever come into the Forza Motorsport universe so I think we’re pretty in tune. And I think we’re set up in a way now where we can really deliver on that promise of those features.”

::fingers crossed::

November 2, 2020

Q: How’s development on the next @ForzaMotorsport coming along?
A: https://twitter.com/LoungeToy/status/1323458569417576452

Why wouldn’t it work? Horizon is more popular and would actually sell consoles. As far as I know turn 10 is not working on a new engine, they’re just adding things which wouldn’t really benefit a horizon game so there’s no reason to delay it.

No engine, no game.

If T10 is not doing new engine what are they doing? M7 was completely fine and next iteration would be possible in few months. Just copy everything and release as M8. But they said no, it’s not enough and their engine is probably very bad after those years. Like every big SW project with hundreds of cooperators (just speculation).

If engine is OK why M8 doesn’t have any trailer? Why no info?

OK, if they are only adding dirt or some other stuff to the old one, why no new info for M8? It’s many years after release of M7 and you can build 3 games in that time window with all already made assets.

Everybody said M8 is in early stage now. How? Without old engine it’s the only possibility I guess.

1 Like
1 Like