New Series Blowing AH Prices?

This months update (Japanese Automotive) is blowing AH prices by offering the AE86 and soon, the NSX-R GT as rewards from the trial. Prices have gone from 20 mil to 2 mil as the AH has been washed out from people getting rid of their dupes. How long will it take to recover? Most likely ages as everyone will be receiving them and there will no longer be a market. I don’t really understand enough to be an expert on this, which is why I’m asking the community this: how long will the AH be washed out for?

It’s always like that with “exclusive” cars. But why do you care??? If you play the game regularly, lack of credits should be no problem anymore. Do you desperately need credits and want to sell duplicates for 20 mil in the auction house? Then you should watch the live stream every month, take note of the upcoming “exclusive” cars in the playlist and sell yours as soon as possible. You will be without those cars for a few weeks, but it’s not like there’s a lack of cars in this game… Once everybody gets their duplicates, it will take the AH prices months to recover…

What’s the problem? That you can’t sell them for 20m ?

2 Likes

I do play regularly but I only have 6 million credits so I was trying to figure out ways to make so cash, because obviously no one wants more AE86’s anymore so can’t go that way but thanks for the idea of the next series rewards that’s a great tip

I was wondering how long the AH would take to recover seeing as the dupes were filling up the AH

1 Like

This happens often. Either your new or have never noticed how the market behaves. Once a car like the AE86 has been offered as a reward car in multiple series now, it will begin to lose value, as people sell their duplicates. Eventually the price will rise again but i doubt you will be able to sell an AE86 for 20mil again. Lets take another car, the Toyota 4Runner. The car has appeared 2 times as a reward car. The second time, the value of them dropped quite a bit, but as time went on, the prices rose and the car now sells for a little over 16mil. But, that may change as time goes on. If you really are desperate to sell a car for 20mil, your best bet is to sell a reward car that have only appeared once so far, a good example would the Bentley Turbo R or the Nissan Sentra.

Aventador SVG looks prime right now. ATS GT. It all goes in a cycle. Expect the ones that have been out the longest to be targets for releases in upcoming series.

Also, keep an eye for when the info on the next series cars comes out. You can usually get away with selling the super rare/expensive car before that series comes out, and then pick up another one when the series changes over.

I’m not new, just wondering as I don’t seem to have noticed noticeably rare cars as rewards in past series

I guess the term “play regularly” is different for people. I “play regularly” and have 200 million credits and every car in the game (minus a few).

1 Like

I only have six million unfortunately…

hey bro if you sell a car for 2 mil cause I’m not rich ill probably buy it or someone will just sell moded cars EVERYONE buys those.

But wouldn’t you already have them from the Trial?