New Forums Wish List (2014)

Having the ability to change the color of the font…it would make the font easier to see at times…and perhaps something to change the font size too?
And +1 to VerrucktSchakal’s statement on the gamerpic, i’m not sure i’m a fan of using avatar-only pics. I understand that since this site merges the accounts from two different consoles that having various pics can make it difficult for the two to work together but maybe…just maybe?

1 Like

The font seems very “fuzzy”. A lot of letters bleed into each other.

Also support for Opera?

I was wondering if an iPhone app for these forums is going to be developed? It would be very efficient and easy to access.

1 Like

Wish our sigs could have tranfered over,don’t have a computer any longer and can’t remember how to do it anyway.

go to my settings in the top right and under personal profile you will fins a signature option

Bigger font, please.

the font is small but it appears that is set that way for mobile. looking on my iPhone and the font size is perfect…

My only wish is that the forza 5 section worked properly without error messages.

Is there a place to discuss the new forum related questions? Non game specific, but forum related.
I’m wondering why I can’t seem to enlarge the text when using a mobile device.
Also I seemed to have lost my gamer pic from the old forums. Now it’s my avatar
Really tho I don’t care much about the pic issue. But the text size is too small for mobile use. Well too small for my mobile use.

First impression as mentioned before this is too small the fronts need to be as the old forum as this is very hard on the eyes makes me just want to switch off.

I’d mention the font size. But, you must have caught on to that by now. LOL

The new forums have inexplicably censored the name Deadlights Kustoms. One of the most active, community minded groups ever to exist in Forza, Deadlights recently entered it’s 6th year. Some filter needs to be deleted to allow this group to carry on the proud tradition of community spirit under the banner of Deadlights Kustoms once again. That’s Customs with a “K” if you aren’t aware.

Edit: Also just noticed there is no option to open an external link in a New Window

thank you
Gears

Fixed! Thanks!
Gears

I have to say and am going to be really harsh that this looks like it has been rushed and looks like it has been but together in somebodys lunch break the whole layout needs to be more appealing to the eye I would of expected a lot better from a company like turn 10 which makes me wonder as if the office tea boy has put this together overnight.

And ok I know this takes time but it looks as if not much thought and time has gone into this.

Looking forward to seeing the improvments

I agree with all the above post… now let’s sit back and see…

Bigger font please, just for posts.

Apart from fixing the dreadful legibility issues that others have commented on:

I WANT RSS FEEDS BACK PLEASE!!

(Or, at least, email notifications of new topics/ replies to subscribed topics.)

Like many of us I suspect, I’m a member of dozens of web forums, and the last thing I want to have to do is actually visit their webpages every day to see what’s worth reading. The web has never been a good medium for threaded discussions, so the less one has to interact with actual web pages to follow them, the better.

1. Like a lot of people have said, the font is way too small. Small enough to be amusing. Small enough to give you eyestrain almost immediately. It may look better on a smartphone, but it’s a PC/Laptop/Tablet fail.
  2. Grey on grey may look cool, but it is a nightmare to read. If this was submitted as an idea for a design assessment, it would be poorly received indeed.
  3. There is way way way too much blank space. People come on here to read posts, not gaze at acres of black. Within the threads the impression is that this is being caused by the army of clutter and numbers making up the player information box. But that doesn’t explain the vast tracts of black space between each item in the post lists across the various subforums. Maybe it’s just a bit of a nod to Metro or whatever it is being called this week. Whatever the back story, it makes it hard to read the actual posts and follow a thread. Something that is not being helped by the actual content of the posts being rendered in the tiniest font (see 1) and faint grey (see 2). Everything else on the page takes precedence over the text of the posts. Hello, it’s a forum. Doesn’t the designer see anything wrong with that?
  4. I actually like change, and was pretty definitely not a fan of the design of the preceding site, but unfortunately, this new effort makes the old one look pretty smic indeed. In fact the FM3 site seems better and better in retrospect.
  5. I hope this new community space doesn’t drive the final nail into the coffin of said community. It is clunky, sparse, jarring, and unwelcoming.

Hmm upon more inspection I may be wrong forgive me if I am but it looks as if lots of old information has been lost lots of players gallerys tuning guides ect ect the topics old threads should of been kept unless you have changed software this would of been easy to do and place into a new forum if I am right this maybe the final nail in the coffin for the community as there was years of useful info in the threads ect and just hope you can restore this.

If am wrong on this then am sorry am still getting use to browsing the new forum and how its been but together if am right I cant believe management would of passed this and gone live with it at its current stage but maybe this is managed by a different source I don’t know anyway its poor at its current state.

Font needs to be larger. But the bigger issue is the excess space between lines. The posts are now quite difficult to read.

Also, the avatars (?) take awhile to load with each refresh or page change, with the spinning arrow all you see for a bit. The blank avatar with spinning arrow often covers up part of the text of the post.

So my real wish is for the forums to revert to the old version where the posts were legible and easy to read and each page didn’t take so long to load properly (once you were in)

Am i the only one who noticed theres no ability to reply to topics when viewing from a mobile device.