Network Error Poll

Are you currently encountering any network/connection issues?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t know

0 voters

When did you start noticing these network/connection issues?

• Last few days
  • Last few weeks
  • Last few months
  • Forever
  • Never

0 voters

Do these network/connection issues prevent you from playing normally?

• Yes
  • No
  • I’m not impacted

0 voters

Comment below what network/connection related issues you’re encountering.

XSX user here on ultra fast fibre. Rarely if ever encounter network issues but in the past few weeks I’ve noticed the dreaded pink disconnected/can’t connect alert which requires me to restart game.

And now in the last 2 days a number of my rival times aren’t being posted. Seems like when I go to post my time the game sometimes tries to sync for 15-20 seconds which is normally instant then it appears as if my time is posted but it isn’t… Other times it works fine. Seems quite unstable.

2 Likes

Xbox One on not the best internet speed but typically no issues with other games, streaming vid, etc. but this game regularly seems to have issues maintaining a server connection. Last few days more so. I put it down to the weekend and HW but who knows. I swear it even gave me a you have been disconnected message AFTER I’d already given up on Horizon Life and switched to Horizon Solo. What next ? Oh and one of status checks was that same nonsense one from a couple ? months ago with the “no issues” issue (or whatever it was, I’m beat and I can’t recall exactly)

2 Likes

The network thing has not really been a problem for me although I did have one rivals run interrupted by an error the other day. It wasn’t the top of the screen alert though, it was a whole screen message that said something about server communication problems. That was a one off and I’ve honestly seen the normal alert about 10 times.

There definitely is a rivals issue though. You finish a run that says you beat the rival but the next screen and leaderboard say different.

1 Like

Use an XSX connected by cable to a very decent internet connection and recently took my XOS out of retirement which uses Wifi to the same router.
I have had no issues the last couple of weeks apart from my ‘modem’ (DOCSIS) dropping its connection to the ISP once and awhile.
I did have some issues about three weeks ago, mainly when using the PC, one if the reason to get the XOS running again.

1 Like

Xbox one s with excellent cable internet connection… FH5 is constantly giving me a disconnect message after every event. And occasionally disconnecting during an on-line event such as a trial or eliminator.

1 Like

I wonder if the connection issues are due to player location. Does anyone know where servers are located? Presumably they are spread across multiple Azure datacenters?

I can’t change the music in event lab because of a bug that causes the not connected message

In Hawaii, about as far from anywhere as you can possibly be. My issue seemed to start after an update a few series ago.

1 Like

Yes all of the above; see other recent posts/comments on this subject with my frustrations on the topic. I’m on XSX, sierra-hotel connection speed from input & router. No issues other than the FH5 nonsense.

2 Likes

Poll right now definitely indicates the network issues are wide spread… I hope this isn’t one of those PGG issues that go unresolved for months or years to come…

I think I started seeing a notable increase in disconnects somewhere around Series 8 or 9. They seem to come in storms, where sometimes it will disconnect continually every several minutes, and sometimes it will go for hours without a disconnect. I recall one night I was experiencing frequent disconnects, I had one of those treasure chests that would not appear on PC. So, I ran the game in the xCloud service to complete the treasure chest, but the game was disconnecting from within xCloud too. And that is with their equipment in their datacenters.

1 Like

At least since the launch of the expansion, the connection has been terrible, frequently getting dropped, apparently being re-established, and then getting dropped again.

I was able to complete the expansion because the connection held long enough to do Horizon Tour and Horizon Open. It behaved for the Eliminator in the Festival playlist, but there was a recent Horizon Tour where I tried to join session after session and failed.

Most of the time it doesn’t affect me beyond the nuisance value of the message, but I’d still prefer to be online over Horizon Solo.

It’s very rare in Horizon 4 these days for me not to start the game in Solo mode, but once there is a connection, it’s actually fairly reliable. (Edit: Apart from today. Gee, thanks, game.)

1 Like

funny how i have absolutely NO issues playing any of my other online games yet in FH5 i am always getting disconnected, experiencing latency issues, and other problems. granted my internet speed isn’t up to NASA standards, but it is clear my online playing woes with this game are not on my end. another annoying thing: whenever i’m in the garage working on a tune or livery i always get the popup that i’m being disconnected for “inactivity”. isn’t tuning your cars and customizing the look of them part of the game? that hardly qualifies as “inactivity”.

2 Likes

Just ran a little SP run in the desert. In Horizon Live, just because that’s where the game starts out. Got a 3.3min skill song and made a couple of 10x 50k runs. I got five disconnect notifications in 3 and a half minutes. That’s just absolutely unacceptable.