My home is erupting

@KnightOfRen8514 @NeubaumTurk_HK @Sfumato720 @anonyyymous

Well, it’s happening, my island home is erupting. Mauna Loa has awakened. Sunday night around 11:30pm it started erupting. It’s still contained within the summit caldera but might be starting to break out. Looks mainly headed towards the Kona side of the island. Opposite of my side. As soon as I find some good links I’ll post them.

3 Likes

hope you and your family and friends are safe

1 Like

Thanks, so far it all looks to be going towards the other side of the island. It’s all part of living in paradise on an active volcano. During the 2018 eruption the lava River was just 2 miles away from our house.

1 Like

Good luck man. Hoping ya’ll are okay. :pray:

1 Like

Crazy so by the sounds of it the volcano takes up half the island and has been largely inactive for 38 years until now… Stay safe man

1 Like

Good luck man. It’s been ugly there in past. Obvs you have go bags just in case.
Kona is leeward side iirc?

Kona is lee side, actually Kona is Hawaiian word for leeward side of the island. Kona isn’t actually the town. Kailua-Kona is the town.

No go bags here yet. Probably won’t get any set up as it all looks like we’re on the backside. Biggest worry is panic buying. There goes the toilet paper supply again.

1 Like

Hasn’t been inactive, since the last eruption. It just hasn’t been erupting. It was classified as an active volcano. The largest active volcano in the world.

Good luck and stay safe!

1 Like

Recent image of the Mauna Loa eruption

1 Like