My Google-Fu is weak today.... Who are some good YouTubers that can show me how to tune?

do not lift the throttle when up shifting.

incase i did not make it clear i did not write that guide. it was written by dan brown, who was a top driver and went by the GT of XTreMe x SkiLLs, years ago during forza 3 and was posted in the forza 3 tuning section on this forum. it was considered by many to be the tuning bible because for the first time we had something that explained to us why we change the settings we change. for someone like me who wanted to learn how to tune it was like finding the holy grail. having said that i do not subscribe to the spring formula because it produces springs that are too soft and i feel other areas of the guide could be streamlined and updated. i post the tuning bible every time a new forza arrives in hopes a top tuner would take it and update it a bit, i have even considered doing it myself but i am not well known enough for people to have faith in it. i even stuck it in Craviator’s thread in the forza 5 tuning section hoping he might have stab at updating it. instead he made youtube videos with bad sound because his mic was messed up. i picked Crav because he is honest and humble and those are rare features in some top drivers.

anyways that guide is a very good base to get you on the right path to becoming a better tuner and when you have difficulty tuning a car it gives you something to hold in your hand to go back and reference and for me that was huge.

also do not be afraid to go back to the forza 5 tuning section and read everything you can about tuning. everything there still applies to forza 6 except for the massive amounts of -camber. all you have to do is dial the camber back below -1.5 for FM6 and you will be right on target.

The guide would have been helpful - if I hadn’t already found all of that information in Stella Stig’s videos and the odd tips in other videos

understood

This thread is great. The best thing I have read all day. Where are all the tunes at? haha.

here is one of my top tunes in action. foot you’d better put your coffee down.

I couldn’t help but eat some popcorn while reading this thread.

But, if the OP is still interested. I often tune at the start of my Twitch streams and then race for the rest. I might build and tune 3-4 cars at times if you’re interested in checking that out :). Links are in my signature.

1 Like

I’m sorry I started a storm on here. All I wanted was to see some ideas on where to start to tune.

Raceboy77, followed and have you on Twitch alerts.

Everyone here, ALL of your tips are great things to look at for someone who doesn’t have the skills. I was playing with a BMW and trying some things out to get better traction. Took some of Stig and some of SM0K0ZUMA’s tips and made an A Class BMW that works well for me at Watkins Glen. I shaved about 5 seconds off a stock A auto upgrade because I can hit the apex better.

Thanks to everyone in this thread. I’m trying to follow all you guys on Twitch, Twitter, and YouTube for your comments!

2 Likes

No need to apologize, it has nothing to do with you.

I’m glad you were able to find some help in this storm that resulted in a successful tune :).

Have fun tuning and racing, bro!

1 Like

I finally got forza 6 to sync so my tunes will be in my videos. Going to have to get back in the swing of things after not being able to play for a couple of weeks. Will do my best to answer any questions u may have if u watch the channel or ask on here. See you guys on the track!!!