Multiplayer Drivatars

Hello Forza Community. I have passionately played the Forza franchise since near the beginning. Forza Motorsport 4 was my all-time favorite of the games. It also marked the beginning of my long journey into “Sim-Racing”. One feature that FM4 had that stood out the most to me was the ability to fill a race lobby with drivatars. For example, we had a small friend group of 3 who played the game almost every day, with this feature enabled us to have 16 racers in a race as opposed to just having 3. It provided a more realistic scenario and added a ton of fun for online gameplay. Microsoft, Xbox, Turn 10, Playground Games, please bring back this feature in the upcoming Forza Motorsport game! It is an excellent use of the Drivatar system that is arguably 3 times more advanced now than it was back in the FM4 days!

Yes please, I came here to write exactly the same thing. I have at least 2 more customers for you, if you put this feature in Forza Motorsport. Otherwise I´m going to play alone… :frowning:

16 Likes

I was very sad to see that AI was gone in multiplayer races. We used to setup full custom races with friends and with AI. It was a blast. Hopefully they can bring that back.

17 Likes

This has been my most wanted feature to return to the series. Me and my friends cant always get to game at the same time and often its just 2 or 3 of us, and having the ability to race with Drivatars was a great feature. We spent hundreds of hours on the Nordschleife racing against different classes of cars with different rollout delays. Very fun times.

17 Likes

I also came here for this. My friend group still fires up Forza 6 for a few races every now and then but we never play 7. The drivatars also need some sense of the players on the track and shouldnt just drive through you like they do in forza 6

3 Likes

My friends and I were only buying forza Motorsport to play online in private lobbies with AI players. None of us wanted to race in public lobbies where people play dirty and ruin the fun.

What happened to the FM4 multiplayer? You could get however many AIs in private lobbies as you wanted, as well as modes like car soccer, cat and mouse, etc etc… Even multi class races were easier to use. The multiplayer in the game started taking a big downward turn after FM4 and I really hope some of this is brought back, starting with the drivatars in private lobbies

12 Likes

YES YES yes yes please!

me and my mates spent 100s and 100s of hours on forza motorsport 5 using this feature alone. we’d pile in to a lobby, fill it up with drivatars in V8 supercars, and race at bathurst for hours on end. this was the life-blood of forza motorsport to us. once we had moved away from xbox for FM7 on PC, and we found out this was no longer possible, motorsport was basically dead for us. the disappointment was immeasurable.

if this feature comes back, lets take it a step further. let us choose the car/tune/livery for each drivatar in the lobby, so we can create our own set of regs/cars. this sort of thing allows people to recreate their favourite moments in racing history, such as the terrific group A touring cars of the 80s/90s.

if this feature came back, i don’t think me and my mates would spend any time doing anything other than playing the new motorsport. this is such a crucial feature.

9 Likes

I guess this won’t be a very popular opinion here on the forum, but I’m personally not very fond of driving against random people because it often doesn’t result in good racing with all the ramming, cheating and meta stuff that are bound to get involved, even if we were to get a ranking and penalty systems like GT7 which I also play. I would love to see a possibility to drive against friends in a closed environment with the rest of the lobby filled with AI so the grid wasn’t deserted. A bonus would be to be able to do the usual solo content as co-op with a friend as your teammate, but I think that would require quite an overhaul.

I heard from my friend who has played the older titles that such a feature used to be in the game but was removed for whatever reason. I’m really looking forward to this game, and having multiplayer with AI on the grid would give it more lifetime for me. Once I blasted through FM7 solo content, the game kinda died off because I couldn’t be bothered to do much multiplayer.

One of my friends also refused to get FM7 since we couldn’t race AI together since he also dislikes driving against random people. The Horizon trial races are infuriating enough even when it’s team based. We like the Horizon experience where we can race together with AI, but we want to do it with the real racing cars, tracks, features and physics that are in FM. I’m a motorsport fan and Horizon just doesn’t fill my racing needs.

3 Likes

we are a group of friends that STILL play FM6 because and only of this feature, now that this game is considered legacy, when the server go down, its takes weeks to get that server up, if only the new Forza 8 have this feature…god damm it

3 Likes

Would love the return of this.
Guess it was taken out as the hardware just couldn’t cope.

2 Likes

true, I heard that drivatars was taking too much juice, how about lowering the graphics in that mode? Fun is more important than all the lights and dust :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hopefully the more powerful hardware this generation will be able to cope, if not at least bring the option to PC.

2 Likes

I can’t remember if it’s till FM6 or 7, but i noticed some drivatar behaviour that makes me think they only work in singleplayer because of their programming.
But having AI back in MP would be great.
That would open some other features like jump into a running mp race or jump back after loosing connection.

2 Likes

I would love to see AI in private lobbies. And the ability to set the cars for the AI like in previous FM games

5 Likes

it’s one of the biggest features missing from motorsport, it’s baffling that it was ever removed.

imagine being able to a run a custom championship between you, your mates, and a bunch of AI. would be one of the most fun gaming experiences i can imagine.

11 Likes

My friends and I would run C class cars against B class AI for fun all the time. I cannot understand why it was removed either.

5 Likes

This feature needs to return! It would significantly increase the lifespan of the game for me and my buddies.

7 Likes
3 Likes

This is legit my #1 request. I still play AMS because of the flexibility that comes with the multiplayer options. Would love to be able to fully transition to a more modern title.

2 Likes

With Drivatars driving without cheats now, they should be back in multiplayer

9 Likes