More Pathfinders please

While the discussion there is short and does offer varying views, this thread of @T10ManteoMax has a couple of things that I feel are very much worth consideration.

The pathfinders feel like there’s a really good opportunity to introduce varied content. The ones so far have been basic though I did wonder where the balloons were a couple of times. Make some kind of thing with clues to be found, getting more difficult in a progression kind of way, with some good rewards (which means really rare cars - I’d love a second Viper AE).

Please keep this up and expand it!

I like the basic idea of Pathfinder a lot!

But they need to be much more difficult. Suggestions therefore:

1. First pathfinder start should not be shown on map but is to be searched and found like the second and third - with help from the description.
  2. Time should be much less than the 10 minutes. It should be so hard that you are not able to make in your first run.
  3. Should be longer in distance.
  4. Should be more difficult to drive (e. g. more through trees).
  5. Red balloons and green finish balloons should only become visible when you are actively driving the path - meaning after you have driven in between the first two green balloons. So that you are NOT accidentally finding the path while you are driving in freeroam. Therefore the balloons should vanish again when you are leaving the path underway.
  6. Leaving the path / deviating too much from it should result in failure and need to restart the path - like when you are leaving the road in a speed zone.

As I said in the beginning Pathfinder are a wonderful idea for a new category of PR stunts! It has been some years since the Trailblazers…

I am looking forward to see more of them in the future!

2 Likes

I adore the idea of challenges based on precision or perception rather than speed. Or in other words: challenges that require using cars other than the fastest ones. So I’m all for more Pathfinders :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Draugnimir

You could not describe it better :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They should be in the Event Lab, so players can make and share.

1 Like

Pathfinders have been one of the best new features in the game, so they should expand upon the idea.

2 Likes

Maybe give the player hints of locations (like a picture) and guide them between landmarks. could be like an expedition across part of the map to find hidden spots

2 Likes