More Endurance Events In The Works

Well they could do 2 hour grand prix when the F1 races are on.

That’d work.

I believe something like this is in the works… I don’t know if I’m allowed to mention the achievement tracking site I use by name, but they do show a challenge with the following description:

It shows “14 days to go”… which just happens to line up with the British GP the weekend of July 4-6.

Hmmm…

Yeah. Some of the cats were let out of the bag a bit early and do point to more of these endurance events.

They did a 30 minute hopper when they were racing at Catalunya. That was pretty decent.

I think any and all of the track/class combinations suggested have my approval here but I would give a huge thumbs-up to holding an event at Spa. It’s by far my personal favourite track because it has such a great flow that I could really imagine getting into an “hours long” groove with it.

However, beyond the above, I’d hugely appreciate T10 investing a little time/effort into modifying the code controlling how lobbys are populated so that these endurance events could have a few additional rules applied at their end. Something along the lines of:

• If race has started and has longer than 30 mins left to run, DO NOT place new players joining into this lobby.

I can tolerate a short-ish wait of 30 mins for a 2+ hour event and if endurance events are to run for less time then that buffer period should be reduced. Say, 15 mins max for a 1 hour race.

Although the current game-code works well enough for normal multiplayer it’s a bit broken for the endurance races. It seems to take a minimum (without massive luck) of 15 mins of the “join/leave/queue/join” dance to find a lobby that isn’t at 1.5 hours plus wait-time.

Beyond that, the use of the tire/fuel sim is really appreciated and since that also brings damage sim too, it’s a highly welcomed addition where appropriate. I don’t think it would have been appropriate for this weekend’s Nurburgring event due to the course length but at regular length tracks up to (say) Le Mans it seemed to work fairly well.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to more endurance events. I’ve done three now (having not done them in former Forza games) and they’re becoming a proper highlight of the MP game for me.

Bathurst 1000 baby!

1000km on the AUSTRALIAN RACE TRACK!!! Now thats endurance!!!

Throwback racing at LeMans or Nurburgring would be great. All pre-1970 racers, or all pre-1960 of all car models.

I like GT cars for Spa 24h. Bathurst would be good too, but what run a 100KM race. I mean I’m game for any Endurance race. I don’t care what track or time/distantance race.

For anyone hoping/expecting a challenge timed around the real Bathurst 1000, it’s going to be held October 9-12 this year.

Well the British Grand Prix at Silverstone is on July the 6th so that would be the next logical weekend to have online endurance race.

Petit Lemans of course - The Petit Le Mans covers a maximum of 1,000 miles (1,600 km) (which is approximately 394 laps) or a maximum of 10 hours, whichever comes first

Of course I’d love to see Daytona added for the 24h of Daytona - maybe that can be saved for next year.

1 Like

I think the petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta would be a great endurance race. Especially with the number of GT styled cars available on here.

Definitely need a 1.2 of Bathurst.

Some half hour “Roar before the xxxx” events in smaller cars like the MX-5 Cup would be really cool as well.

Hmm … a missed opportunity this weekend.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t know about it until after it was gone. :frowning: