More Data and Telemetry

It would be nice if there were more ways to dissect a lap other than just the final lap time like having sector times you can review and more specifics like that it would be very helpful in seeing where you are struggling and where you are strong on tracks compared to other people

I found today the telemetry option in game replay and am quite impressed that was there.

Most pages from gameplay D-pad telemetry.

What would be nice as I saw on some telemetry software to have helicopter view of track, just scetchy like track map, and colors along showing change in speed and braking, with options of course like different speed playback etc.

And options to practise a certain segment of track over and over, just with a rewind kind of thing.

I think I will create separate topics to vote for on these things.

3 Likes

Instead of a telemetry screen that takes over the entire HUD, I would like to have a smaller window where the telemetry information is simplified. The HUD in FM7 did not tell me enough about the tires and the car’s body acceleration.

Also having the clutch pedal input on screen with the throttle and brake would be very helpful, seeing that powershifting has been addressed.

2 Likes

I would really like to have the tire temperature and pressure displayed on the car widget (the one with tires and suspension info) on the main screen. Or at least make it optionally.

We definitely need real timing sheets and sector times.

What’s the point in the freeplay testing/tuning if you can’t break down your lap times and save a replay to look over your telemetry data?

You should be able to park in your garage, look at your lap data and tune your setup seamlessly.

2 Likes

It’s difficult trying to tune the car at the moment for several reasons.

Hiding the Regular HUD when telemetry is active means it’s tricky to shift as normal (unless you can recognize RPM by ear).

Thing’s like tire camber, tire temperatures, tire friction, suspension displacement would be amazing to be seen as graphed values.

There really needs to be a post race screen where you can see the information all at once. A map of the track, with a dot for the player car that is linked to a cursor that you can move along a timeline for each lap. The timeline will contain all the selected data you want, camber, temperatures, lap number etc.

1 Like

All of the information is there, it really wouldn’t take much to output data that could be analyzed in programs like Motec. That’d be really nice!!!

One of the important things for the races with more than one driver so racers can have better time doing strategy and if possible for other drivers that arent in the car to make pitstop strategy for the driver in the car.

1 Like

That would be a fantastic addition

1 Like

Telemetry recording please, I need to visualize my skill issues