[Mod edit] "Pile" is an Offensive Word?!

Are you talking about those license plates on cars? I didn’t even realize there was a filter there, too! But I guess there would have to be since you can see others’ license plates, and kids play this game too. Not sure why a number would get blocked, though. I’m just glad my license plate HC221798 (short for my gamertag) didn’t get blocked!

Think of numbers as letters & it will make more sense…

1 = i or L
2 = R
3 = E or B
4 = A
5 = S
6 = G or b
7 = T
8 = B
9 = g
0 = O

note you can have the number 717 in your plate as long as you don’t have spaces before or after it - and only then if combined with other letters/numbers, it doesn’t potentially ‘spell’ a ‘inappropriate’ word.

1 Like

Based on that logic, the number 455 could potentially get blocked (maybe). Just guessing, though.

I was naive and didn’t think about is :smiley: Thanks for the explanation

I ran into a strange filter a few times. Apparently the word “Lotus” is subject to being filtered. I was trying to share a paint job on a Lotus Elise and made the horrible, unforgivable mistake of using the actual name of the car manufacturer in the description.

2 Likes

It´s pretty funny that diesel is a censored word in a racing game because the first 3 letters.

As long as we’re talking silly “questionable” words, I got chastised by Keira for trying to name a race using the term “penal colony.” I get it, but a) it’s Australia and b) that’s not how the word you’re worried about is spelled! :slight_smile:

I can’t actually believe it but one of the songs (I think its called whats real by Waters) has the word drunk, not bleeped but the silence you hear in radio edit songs, now I can understand them doing that at in the DMX song, but drunk? You can’t make a reference to being drunk, but the kids can drive in a reckless manner, breaking speed limits, destruction of property and cause crashes, how does that work?

Technically “High” should be removed from the setup menu then.

1 Like

i think it’s a bunch of crap. back when they tried doing xbox top 10’s on their channel they had no problem awarding players with things like chronic or 420 in their gamertags, meanwhile being a direct violation of the rules.

I find it rather frustrating that Turn10 jumps ugly on “offensive” paint jobs so quick, yet leaves racers to fend for themselves in the lawless jungle of Public Lobbies. Granted, lobbies have lately been somewhat decent.

They’re not always populated by the brain-cell challenged Need For Speed crew - Horizon seems to have lured those knuckle-draggers away for a short time.

1 Like