Like driving a freekin Prius

I like to play car games on mute. :slight_smile:

My home cinema set up is as follows Philips 65PFL9708 with onkyo TX-NR828 receiver and Canton movie 3005 speaker pack.
So I don’t think its my system set up, Think its just the fact that the 360 version has suffered immensely.

Time to try project cars on my ps4 :o(

1 Like

That’s the kind of answer I was looking for. It’s a perfectly, valid reason to hate the Prius. :smiley:

“OMG THE TEZLAH MUDLE ESS MAKEZ NO SUONDZ!11!!! IZ A BADD BUUG!!1111 FIXXX IT!!!111!!11!!”

Sorry, couldn’t resist. My setup sends the sound to an aging surround sound audio system. It sounds great. I have no complaints about any of the car sounds, so I think the OP needs to examine his set-up. I haven’t driven the R32 GT-R yet, so I wasn’t aware of it’s audio bug.

You’ve obviously never driven a Prius.

1 Like

For the most part, I am happy with the sound (I use either a set of Tritton AXPro or Astro A50s). But it is true that all sounds are… subdued (maybe just lacking some dynamic) compared to Forza5. You can drive the same car in both games, and there is a substantial difference in how it sounds. But it’s pretty good overall. Perhaps, it is just a matter of expectations. Reality… is different. Even the best sound system does not get close to having a beast of an engine right behind your ears. No matter how good your setup is.

I left my merc slr idling while I was making a beverage, and I could clearly hear the rumble on my sub woofer…don’t understand all these negative post’s on the forum, my game has worked flawlessly, and all the other forza’s before on the 360 worked perfect for me also…maybe it’s because nobody under the age of 50 touches my games…lol

OP is most likely on 360 with a tv that has poor speakers.

2 Likes

The fact that he hasn’t replied says it all.

Sorry for being away for a few days. Just no need really is there.

I haven’t had this problem at all. What is the “car volume” set to? I keep it at 7, and it sounds fine through my TV’s speakers.

If you haven’t changed that, then maybe there’s something wrong with your speakers or something.

I’m playing on the Xbox One, by the way.

He is probably on the 360. The OP may have not been tactful in his post, but he is right. On the 360 the sound of your car is muffled. Matter of fact when all the opponents cars are around you, it is hard to hear your engine or exhaust. Makes it hard to shift at times , because a lot of times I don’t pay attention to the Tach, I go by sound. For some reason, the background noise is unproportionately loud on the 360, and even if you turn the music down some, it is still loud.

If the OP reads this post again, what I have found is, in the audio settings, turn the radio volumn down to “2”, tun the “DJ” to off, The GPS voice is your choice, and set the Playback to the type of speakers your using, i.e. Television or Home Theater. It does make a difference. You also have to kick up the bass on your entertainment system a little more.

Someone in this thread made reference to the fact that he may be using an old Television, with old speakers. That is not the case on my end, and I’m running a Sony Surround Sound system. FH1 had better sound that FH2 on the 360. All you guys on XB1 stating you have no problems , doesn’t mean someone else on 360 is not.

This used to be a helpful bunch on here. It seems we’ve gotten away from that some on this forum. Lke I said, The original OP may have not been tactful in his posting of his problem, and he didn’t state what console he was using. But that does not mean, we can’t point him in a direction that may let hiim know he can adjust his audio to aid him a bit.

3 Likes

Well we know it’s not your sound setup now, and if others ask we will have some sort of answer to give them. :slight_smile:

As for the sounds being different on Forza 5 to FH2, I think a lot of that is down to environmental audio. The soundscape is much wider, and has to account for a wider variety of sounds and surfaces, as well as areas being much more open. I think that’s the obvious difference for me. The cars sound differently, because they’re in a very different environment. For example, take one along the open coast, and listen to the engine, then go into a tunnel and listen to the engine sound ramp up. That shows the environmental effects are working and also why it sounds different to Forza 5. They had to widen the soundscape to accomodate for open and enclosed areas, as well as different surfaces, more vehicles, ambient sounds etc etc.