Is it me or off-road events are tough?

Hey, guys!

Bought One X as my first console to enjoy original Forza Horizon title some time ago. Love the overall setting and festival atmosphere, took me some time to get used to physics and driving on gamepad - was missing braking points so many times. Now I’m improved - from Medium to Insane in terms of AI, had to change my driving style to more smooth steering and throttle management, but I just can’t get used to off-road events. Here is the thing: from my PC racing career on keyboard I tend to use a lot of microcorrections to position car precisely on turn entry and apex. On asphalt if I input small correction reaction of the car is immediate (and I changed my style to overall smoother racing line, so it is merely an issue), but in off-road events because cars (WRX STi, Lancer Evo or RS2000) slide a lot more I need to make a lot more microcorrections to joystick just to drive straight and it feels like input or car reaction is delayed… My biggest pain is S-turns on off-road because while I normally get in the first turn but car reaction is so slow that I had to start turning in the second turn while I’m on apex of turn 1. Of course AI and tight tracks don’t help me either - if I brake a little more somebody hit me in the back or I get to someone back when using slow entry - fast exit technique. A little side hit from AI - I’m sliding (they don’t do it at all) and desperately trying to take control over my car.
Initially I thought it’s just me, but after 30 hours I fell like I’m improved on asphalt, but just can’t “git gut” on gravel and I don’t know why and what to do. Tried to perform more precise throttle management - it helps in the corners, but this game is so unforgiving if I throttle a little bit more than it’s needed. Honestly, just tired of restarting or rewinding every second corner to avoid collisions and to make a clean turn… Started to think that’s all because input latency which is quite high on Xbox comparing to PC - will get Series X when it’s availiable again.

TL;DR: can’t “git gud” on off-road events, feels like steering input is delayed to car reaction (almost no problem on asphalt). Is it me or somebody experienced the same?