Increasing Car Limit Up From 1000 [FH5 ✅]

Limiting resources means limited garage space unfortunately. You can check the number of cars you have outside of your house/festival HQ. If they manage to increase garage slots then fair juice to them.

But the basic courtesy of a warning pop up 5 slots before you run out of tune/design/garage slots would save a colossal amount of frustration in this game and is surely something that could be easily done.

2 Likes

I think the limit is 1000, like in FH4. You’ll need to sell or gift cars before you can use the spins

If your garage is full, you likely have tons and tons of CR. So what exactly is the difference if you can’t use wheelspins? You have all the credits, you have all the cars. Devs aren’t fixing this for you since it’s not a problem.

Not necessarily. There is an increasing amount of cars that cannot be bought at the Auto Show… Sure, there is the auction house, but it’s shut down at the moment, and rare cars take a lot of patience and time to snipe…

IT IS a problem !!! We have over 650 unique cars in the game and only space for 1000. That’s a JOKE… If you play this game a lot, you have many cars with tunes for different classes, tunes for road racing, rally, offroad, drifting,…
I am trying to only keep duplicates for cars not in the Auto Show, but it’s becoming an ever increasing frustrating micro-managing task… :sob:

4 Likes

My main point was that they’re not fixing this “problem” because a guy said “please fix it, for me, many thanks” those kinds of posts that I quoted are hilarious and shows entitlement. Devs aren’t doing anything for you.

Come, vote for this Increase File Limit - 500 Limit for a game that launched with 500+ cars?

The limit is 1000 cars (there’s a limit for liveries too) wich imo isn’t enough, especially since i wanna have various builds with the same model, and the game having 600+ cars i’d say 1500-2000 cars as a limit should be good enough. also the weekly events shoving cars onto the garage that i don’t want is now a problem since it means that i need to keep an eye on making space for the actually new cars that are coming out as time goes on. i really hope they expand the garage limits.

4 Likes

It’s been an issue in the previous iterations of Horizon. They always set the limits too low.
They gradually increase them but it took a long while after people had hit the limits before they did, then had to increase them again shortly after as they were still too low. Even in previous versions, the final garage limit was 999 and still people were running out of space, so I’ve no idea why they thought this was a good limit for FH5.

The previous excuses were always that it takes a lot of time and effort to do the increases ( no idea why ) so why haven’t they learnt by now and just have a decent amount at the start. Save us the pain and them the effort when they finally have to do it. I always thought a decent limit on previous was about 2.5 to 3 K to allow for duplicates with different tune types and different class setups. Way easier than having to go back to home and retune for a new event - especially when a lot of the time you don’t know what the race is going to be until it starts.

1 Like

They don’t even give you a pre-limit pop up warning that you’ve only got a few slots left. You always have to run into these limits.

Such a pop-up would be a simple thing to do and would save alot of frustration.

Not really that big a deal. You can always keep a track of qty of cars in garage by looking at the cars tab on the main menus. The biggest problem is that it’s too low and always has been.

It’s a big problem with liveries and tunes. I need that pop-up.

I’ve been asking to add a simple current XP tally - plenty of space under the CR part on the menu.
That way, I can see if I’m getting close to a new levelup which I need to see to decide whether to do an online event and risk another forced wheelspin which will most likely drop another duplicate into the garage with no way to refuse. At the moment I need to keep a manual track on this but it’s hard when it never shows up till you rank up.

The forced cars from the festival playlist though are definitely the worst for filling your garage with duplicates. They must know that people playing from the start have all the old cars by now, so why not give us the option to choose another reward instead - XP for example - over taking the car.

I discussed this at length way back in May but still only on 75 votes at the moment.

I’ve been hovering around 993-997 cars in the garage for several months and those event prize cars are just an absolute nuisance. Another small way to cause aggravation for experienced players.

XP means little to me mind. I’m just focused on livery progression. But, yeah, a choice between a car and nothing is miles preferable to having just a car you have to go to the hassle of deleting/gifting.

1 Like

I ran into this in FH4 fairly early on & have been dealing with it for a while now in FH5 as well - and yeah, as others pointed out - when you specifically have duplicates of cars you like that are set up differently so that you can access them quickly, be able to do different things with them, this just gets annoying. The main reward & progression of the game is in getting more cars - so having it set this low is just a pain.

The biggest downside for Turn 10 & Playground is that the people that they’re impacting probably are some of the ones that play the game the most. I’ve definitely cut down on my time in the game now that I’m up in the 990s because I don’t want to constantly have to deal with cutting my garage space.

1 Like

It’s not really a problem for me since I purposely avoid keeping duplicates.

We definitely need more than 1000 spots for cars. I’ve sent in the suggestion multiple times.

2 Likes

U have beaten fh5, time to move on…

I too am between 980-999 cars lately. The seasonal playlist cars that you get always fill up the slots, you don’t have the option to sell them or gift them if it’s a duplicate like with the wheelspins. It’s tedius, I have to periodically gift the duplicates away, or try to sell them.

The Minimum limit should be the number of cars in the game times 2, so you can have different tunes for each car ready.

3 Likes

Everytime you succeed in a weekly you actually get punished with a car you already have. I can’t remember when I actually kept a prize car (before Block’s Focus this week that is). Money or car option urgently needed. More slots urgently needed.

We’ve been talking here for months and they haven’t even noticed us. It’s time for us to say something to Phil Spencer.@P3 TWI:XBOXP3…He is the boss.

1 Like