Increase File Limit - 500 Limit for a game that launched with 500+ cars? [FH5 ✅]

While it may be understandable to have a limit for the cloud save, there should be a mechanic for allowing overflow to be saved purely locally (perhaps with a warning that that’s the case). And there definitely needs to be a better way to manage both liveries and tunes.

3 Likes

I could’t agree more with my fellow posters above me.
It seems that I reside in the niche of a " Collector ", i’ve been incredibly lucky to collect all but one vehicles ( I refuse to buy another controller ).
Everyone has atleast one tune either installed of saved such as D/C, B/A & S1/S2 , on my many favourite vehicles i’ll even have 3 or 4 of the same model to make the tuning even easier.

I’m honestly tired of haing to go through my garage once or twice a week to delete tunes because the system tells me i’ve too many.
Surely a file manager for liveries / tunes isn’t beyond the devs capabilities?

5 Likes

Need more then 500 saved paints maybe 800 if possible

1 Like

Especially when there are 630 odd cars in game and 1000 car garage space, why so low paint job and time count.

2 Likes

Why do we only get 500 design save slots if we can get more than 650 cars in our collection?

3 Likes

or a better filtering system to be able to sort designs from old to new so at least we can delete the old ones.

Its a nightmare trying to delete old designs right now

1 Like

There are already suggestions regarding save slots. So please vote for the existing ones instead of creating new ones. Splitting up the votes over several threads is counterproductive.

1 Like

I know this post has been here before, but it’s needed again.
Many of us are collectors and play the game simply to collect and customize the cars, then drive them around having a good time, taking photos and whatnot. Many of us also like to create different builds because the game implies we should.
This game released with more than 500+ cars but the limit was always 500. That honestly doesn’t make sense I could see 750 at the beginning but 500 was so low there wasn’t much room for creativity AND collecting. I don’t even collect gifts anymore because it’s pointless, I only collect ONE of each car and at this point I cannot customize them due to my limit. I only get the car, and turn the game off, don’t even bother driving it most of the time.

Hotwheels released with a bunch of awesome new paints
Donut Media is releasing with a bunch of new body kits
They constantly release new vehicles every week

I love the Forza series, but this simple thing is needed. It would be nice to be able to collect the cars, and create multiple builds of some of them.

You can’t encourage the options without the ability to perform them.

3 Likes

Yes, we definitely need more slots. I’m dangling around the limit with both since quite some time already.

The current 500 livery and tune save file limit dates back to Motorsport 5, where even with all DLCs included the car list didn’t exceed 350, and since then the total amount of cars has only been growing with each title. 500 wasn’t enough years ago and it definitely isn’t enough today. With 530+ cars at Horizon 5’s launch, it’s not even enough to change paint on each day one car, let alone make multiple liveries for some of them. The garage limit was increased in Horizon 4 twice, first from 550 to 750, and then again to the current 1000, so the same thing should be done with other save files. The photo save file limit should also be increased.

2 Likes

YEAH! 650+ cars, not enough liveries for all of them!

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I also want this to happen. But please vote for existing threads instead of creating new ones.

2 Likes

I find it weird that the second linked post did not show up when I searched for it
Voting for them all right now, thank you

You are probably aware of this, but you can use the advanced search to display all topics in a certain category. Searching just in the suggestion hub or even just a sub topic of it can make finding related topics much more manageable.

1 Like

Instead of spending an inordinate amount of time developing cheesy DLC with almost unachievable accolades, why not spend some dev time on increasing the amount of tunes and liveries that can be saved.

This has been a thing since FH4 and still a thing!

5 Likes

It’s frustrating we need to delete files downloaded from comunity or created by us just because there is this limit for designs or performance. In case it’s just a bug fix this please. I think there are others dealing with this issue.
Thanks Forza team!

1 Like

I think I’ve seen it said that there’s limits in place due to limitations placed on cloud data file size per game. Of course, if that’s the case, I’d say just let us choose to save some data locally only.

5 Likes

To my knowledge, it’s not a matter of changing some numbers and buying more cloud data space. It’s a limitation in the game engine or internal data structure. If they overdo it, there is a good chance of data corruption! I remember as they changed the car limit from 700 (I think…) to 1000 in FH4, there was some trouble in the beginning because players lost cars…
Of course, the limits are ridiculous. I really hope they are working on a solution. But we will never know. Unfortunately, the devs prefer not to talk about any problems/bugs until they can present a solution…

4 Likes

True why does it have to be ao hard to simply save the data locally? And give us a proper filtering system to delete older tunes and liveries easier/faster

4 Likes

Unfortunately we’re talking to a brick wall.

3 Likes