In need of TH8A USB/DIN Cable

Hey Forza racers,

I just made my Thrustmaster TH8A shifter into a short shifter and need to re-map the gates of the shifter. My dog ate up the USB/DIN cable a few months back and I remember specifically thinking, “Not gonna need that thing anyways” as I threw the remainder of the cable pieces into the trash instead of salvaging the bits and soldering the cable back together. lol

So, I’m respectfully requesting that if someone just happens to be in the San Diego, CA area, or anywhere for that matter, and you’re not currently using the USB/DIN cable that came with the TH8A shifter, to please allow me to borrow it for a brief time. I can give money over PayPal to act as collateral, as I will only need it for less than 10 minutes.

OR…

If anyone is willing to sell me their cable, I would love to own my own… again. haha

PM me for details on shipping, paypal address, etc. if you’d like to help me out.

Thanks in advance,

DR PH1L

UPDATE

So, after disassembling the TH8A shifter down to the core circuit board and figuring out exactly how this thing works, I discovered I had a few (counted 3 to be exact) very small fragments (about half the size of a regular house ant) of metal stuck to the magnet from when I was using a die to re-thread the top of the shaft for the shift knob. These metal shavings were interfering with the signal for the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gears. Once I removed those particles from the magnet (this magnet is how the circuit board, which is 1/2" below the shifter shaft with no physical connection between the two, knows which gear you’re in), the shifter functioned flawlessly. After all, I won’t be needing the USB/DIN cable as of right now.

But, if you just so happen to be selling one, I’d be more than happy to buy it from you for later use.

DR PH1L

Unfortunately I don’t have that cable and yet no TH8A shifter but I’m interested in your project and would like to ask, if you have some pictures of what you’re doing?

I recently saw this shifter and was blown away!!!
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sim-Racing-Shifter-Sequentiell-Fanatec-thrustmaster-PC-/221895187261?hash=item33a9fbdb3d

I asked the seller and he says it should be compatible with the Thrustmaster TX and I want one!