IGN Article: Half of Xbox One players have played of Forza 5

Except my figures aren’t made up. They can be found on said leaderboard. The unknown is the number of those who have multiple Gamertags … a value I’ve not implied knowing.

2013 Ford Focus C class in Alps is slowly marching toward 2 million leaderboard entries: this weekend it was adding 10-15 per minute. That’s another early track, but and indicator of how many folks are making through their first hour or so.

I haven’t checked the last race in that car’s career; that would give us a good idea how many people have decided to really take it on as a regular game.

I have a very hard time believing that over 1 million people played FM5 in the space of one week. Very little games managed to do so and racing games aren´t exactly mainstream/popular enough to achieve such numbers. I smell PR…
Then again people are hungry for games…

Europe? Dan… first you need to sell your console (which is a much harder task) before you start talking about European Hardcore Players. Most of the countries where the XO isn´t available people already bought a PS4. If you refer to Portugal and Spain as South Europe then tough luck… Sony outsold MS on Spain by a great margin and Portugal is one of Sony´s best selling countries. I really don´t see women making lines to buy a Xbox One just to play FM5. I also have a tough time believing in your surveys. People lie you know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PR! PR! PR! The only thing I see here.

1 Like

Nice rant. But you should read the article.

Agreed it reads a million people still playing since FM4. However it is in true DG convoluted rhetoric saying across FM4,Horizon, and FM5, and does make reference to a million players in a week.

Reading the article it is complete BS. If they are “listening” and have all this data, they must have just started. Weather/day/night, have been requested well before an xb1 was even being developed. You want to believe because it sounds great. But reality has shown otherwise. This stage in the game just come clean. DG has ignored most of the requests from the drifters, draggers, racers, painters, etc. If he is truly “listening” then this is a new development and should be marketed a such.

The onus isn’t on us customers so please don’t go there. It’s on T10 to show and prove and they’re about 5yrs behind in that category.

5 years behind who? They’re in fact ahead of the game. Where are the other next-gen 1080-60 racing sim/games on console? There are none, let alone any with 1080-60 with those much requested features. Dan has been saying the same thing for the last four (IIRC, since FM3) years, it isn’t the right time, until then forza will keep on keeping on at a locked 60fps.

1 Like

Both GT6 and GT5 were 1080p/60FPS. Their framerate was not as stable as FM3 or FM4 but it was sixty for most of the time. This was on the PS3. It is not such a “next-gen” feature as they make it sound. Lets not forget they also needed to downgrade the game after E3 to achieve such feature.
The much requested other features were available in FM4 (some). They were removed in FM5 for no apparent reason.
To say that T10 appeals to the community/fans (written in the article) is controversial. It is because obvious reasons. Reasons that are available all over the forum.

There’s your answer.

“Most of the time” is obviously not good enough for T10. Also GT5/6 is not a current gen game.

He said no such thing.

Like this doesn’t happen with other games, good on them for favoring gameplay over graphics rather than release a stuttery mess I say.

1 Like

The comment had nothing to do with the visuals. That is another bs talking point to divert consumers from the actual game play and content or lack there of. DG says he is listening. He should state when he started listening after the subpar FM3? Horizon the ultimate money grab? or with the lackluster based on console sales and game play FM5?

T10 needs to own up. They have been disingenuous to a fault the last 5 years and it shows. This “next gen” Forza takes a back seat to FM4 in pretty much everything except visuals. I don’t think that is what most of us signed up for.

Signed up for?

I signed up for a quality race game, happy with what I got. Maybe I got perspective and remember playing Pole Position at arcades and all the games from the NES, Genesis, PS1-3 to now. It’s not even close how much better FM5 is than what was in the past.

1 Like

Not sure what your damage is? Dan gave an interview he made statements/gave answers that seem very much off. Much the way they advertised Horizon’s as an “open world” environment, Forza 3 “where dreams are driven” as long as they were all wheel drive and the lobby wasn’t freezing, etc. He is not the first suit, exec, hype man to lie, omit, or gloss over a few facts. But it’s gotten old, they don’t listen. No sister company of a multi-billion dollar corporation listens to anyone but the share holders and the bottom line. Why must the insult us 24/7 interview after interview? Do they believe we will take his word for it going forward?

We are early adopters of a new console growing pains were expected. But FM5 lacks long and hard. While they have been generous with the three tracks, there are still numerous bugs,glitches, and shortcomings that you Starfoxy see posted every day on this very forum since launch. Let’s stop pretending all the forum members are loonies and DG is a saint.

3 Likes

[quote=ECT Loco UBoG;130301}
Not sure what your damage is? Dan gave an interview he made statements/gave answers that seem very much off.[/quote]

This is what I don’t get. Please quote such a statement from the article linked in the op

If you are just going to quote “we listen to fans” then just insert a bug fix or feature that hasn’t been fixed or added yet, don’t bother, because I think you’re smart enough to know not everything can be inserted at the click of fingers.

This is what I don’t get. Please quote such a statement from the article linked in the op

If you are just going to quote “we listen to fans” then just insert a bug fix or feature that hasn’t been fixed or added yet, don’t bother, because I think you’re smart enough to know not everything can be inserted at the click of fingers.
[/quote]

I’ve referenced clearly when did he start? Some of the complaints/issues with FM5 are from previous iterations of Fozra titles. Was he listening then? Some of the cars in the completely remodeled cars are suffering from the same paint glitches from FM4. Listening? Drag tires are still an issue stemming from FM4, listening? maybe these are quality control issues and are out of DG’s realm.

I also stated as early adopters we will be prone to the early gremlins/bugs that face new technology in various industries. My expectation of what, if anything is fixed/solved isn’t high. I’m not trashing the Forza franchise either. But DG’s credibility has long been nil and they need to find a new pretty face. It is disingenuous to say your listening when you actions have shown otherwise.

Do you play multi player? Have you seen the number of people who have ran rivals round the Ring? Far from a million players. It would be hard pressed to produce a million players playing across all Forza titles. Again it goes back to the lack of honesty from DG. His answers are never clear and usually lead us down a path of broken promises. Laser scanned anyone?

So many comments around here would make so much more sense if people included the phrases “In My Opinion” or “What I want” or “To Me” or “me and my friends” etc.

Examples:

“most Forza fans wanted to race on the Ring” makes much more sense as “most Forza players that I know wanted…” - personally, I don’t much care for “the Ring.” Twice now in FM5 multiplayer, when the Ring shows up, I exit the lobby. Just not for me.

“Forza 3 “where dreams are driven” as long as they were all wheel drive” should be “are driven … but me and my friends only like trying for best times, so we only used AWD” - personally, I drove RWD Porsche cars way, way, WAY more than anything else in FM3 (and FM2, and FM4 after the pack came out).

“It is disingenuous to say your listening when you actions have shown otherwise” would, again, make more sense as “It is disingenuous to say your listening when you haven’t given me what I want” - just because MY desired feature / function / whatever does not make it into the game (or was removed from the game) does NOT mean nobody at T10 is listening. There could be a myriad of reasons for the decisions being made (as opposed to not listening).

“FM5 is not nearly the game I, personally, wanted it to be… Many of MY personal favorite features are no longer there… There are quite a few things that I, personally, don’t like about it…” — Those statements make sense. I’m not trying to talk for anybody else; I’m not claiming to know what “everybody” wants out of the game; and I’m not calling someone else a liar.

And, as far as the “this week, there are over a million people playing in the Forza universe” quote goes… Well, anybody can doubt it all you want. But without any hard data to back it up, your doubt is just that - YOUR doubt. If DG says the server data shows 1-million people playing (which, I expect, includes painting, tuning, career, MP, fooling around, cruising, wandering through FH, etc, etc, etc), he may very well have that server data.

• Don Ente
2 Likes

I found this to be the most interesting thing you typed as the comments make perfect sense without including any phrases you mentioned. If the Forza series is supposed to be for the fans, then why are the fans unable to voice their distaste when excuse after excuse is made by the developers as to why features are constantly left out with each new version? Why is it ok for the fans to be ignored when questions are asked about these missing features and threads get locked without any answers?

Tired of the ever stacking threads about why the game is missing a ton of tracks or there’s no night time racing? Get some answers and pass the info along. If your position as a moderator carries no ability to get that information, then so be it - but where is the community manager in these instances? People have been patient while waiting for answers and are frustrated with the snarky and childish responses given to us by some moderators and the blindly devoted who lash out against their precious.

1 Like

Because most of these turn into a fight and an argument that gets out of hand. We also have people like you who absolutely adore coming to the forum and slagging off the moderators. I don’t understand how you can come to the conclusion that mods hide things or you aren’t allowed to voice an opinion. What in the hell did you just do? Didn’t you just voice and opinion and haven’t you voiced a negative one in nearly every post you’ve made in your entire time on this forum?

I’m sure you’ll chalk this one up as snarky or childish when in fact the problem is you.

1 Like

He really wasn’t slagging the mods. His post is a pretty good summary of how threads play out. While we do get to post our complaints, they are as you said are usually met with resistance from other forum members or mods who share a different view. Plenty of times mods are baiting members to be able to ban them. Mods I’m sure have differing views from members and vice versa, that plays in to responses given by mods and members.

I’m pretty sure mods don’t have the same insight as to what is going on with the game as say Phred or Helios. None of us know what lies ahead, patience is understandable, but the perceived lack of communication usually doesn’t bode well for calming the masses.

1 Like
  • No Worm, I wasn’t slagging the mods. Nowhere in my post did I slag any of you. Yes, I did say that some of you display snarky and childish attitudes towards people in the threads because it happens all of the time - arguing in threads or not, you are here to moderate and not belittle people. You want to try and call me out by saying that I am the problem? That’s fine as you have just proved my point that people in this forum can’t look at things objectively when they feel that they or their likes are being attacked. Nowhere in my post did I mention names, nor did I attack mods. Unfortunately, that seems to be what you got out of it. You also seem to think I adore coming to these forums to be negative and slag the mods yet you can’t even take the time to see that as Loco said, I was outlining what happens in a ton of threads when people ask questions and why people are frustrated with the situation - they get no answers and are told to get over it or deal with it with a side of lock thread or ban. Read what I wrote and come back to me when you have the ability to speak about this calmly.

Ironic you say not for me then do the whole rwd FM3 thing? Tuned #1 and top ten rwd and fwd cars in FM3. As far as your second paragraph, where did I say what I do or don’t want? Another mod making up arguments that don’t exist. I rehashed answers given by DG over the years that would lead most to seriously consider his answer in regards to total players being at a million. FM5 has been dead. Even the Ring hasn’t brought them kicking and screaming back. Remember “Weapons of Mass Destruction”? How’d that go people lie. He has stated he was disappointed about the initial reaction to FM5, and not much has changed here or in the rest of the community. Ghost has a much larger fan base and at any given time there is around 25,000 players online. They sold a billion dollars worth a games and 25,000 lol. Stop drinking the kool aid T10 took it flush this time around due to their arrogance and not listening. They kind look like GM now.