How MP will work on Xbox and Windows10

I’ll only believe it when I see an official comment from Turn 10. If you can’t provide a link to a dev confirming this is the case, then you’re making an assumption that is not verified.

What you are saying seems plausible, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see MS trying to sell XBL Gold on PC starting with Horizon 3.

So my nephew is really psyched about Horizon 3 and I’m thinking about getting it too but I have a PC so will I be able to play with him online even though he has an Xbox One?

Isn’t that the whole idea?

Yes, yes you will be able to play with him even though he’s on the Xbox One.

For career co-op yes

For all online modes - not just co-op.

At the e3 presentation Ralph said “campaign co-op”, i didnt know it was for everything. If it includes online competitive multiplayer, hows that gonna work if the pc versions running at 60+ fps against the xbox ones 30fps? That’d be quite the advantage, thats why the whole campaign thing made sense to me.

Maybe the PC is capped at 30FPS online or the XOne is 60FPS in multiplayer only? It’s 12 racers i think for online so less than Forza 6 by half, maybe that’s to allow 60FPS for everyone?

Why the hell would the PC version even be capped at 60, let alone 30?

It doesn’t matter if there is a FPS difference between the Xbone and PC Version. There enough games out on the Computer where the players can have different FPS depending on there PCs abilities and they have no issues playing togtether…

I was just positing a possible idea that may have been considered. I was merely responding with a possible solution to a question posited about fairness between platforms. Also there are many reasons to cap frame rates. Also your tone is less than friendly…

Sry, I really did sound angry. That was unintended!

Pc was said to have an unlocked framerate at 1080p. Yes there are games where people have varying framerates, but theres a big difference when your talking about 30-60fps compared to 60-75. This is why i originally posted horizon only having campaign co-op. Theres a reason why cross play hasnt been implemented in the past and performance disparity is a big part of it. I could see them locking the framerate for the pc at 30fps for multiplayer with xbox one, theres no way it’ll be 60fps on xbox one. Whatever, we’ll see what happens the game looks sick im getting no matter what and will surely play it on both pc and the one.

NO worries, it’s hard to tell sometimes how you’ve come across, and I always point it out as 9 times out of 10 it wan’t intended just badly worded or something. When it is intended I leave those conversations and their vitriol in the rear view for the most part. lol

Will i need to get xbox live gold to play multiplayer with my friends on xbox. I have PC

For the Xbox Play Anywhere program as a whole, cross-platform play hasn’t been confirmed for any online modes except coop. It would make sense for them to allow it for FH3 over an FPS like GoW or Halo, but they haven’t said anything definitive yet.

I don’t think the potential FPS disparity would be the reason for blocking competitive cross-platform play in this particular game. Xbox Live Gold would be a more likely reason for blocking PC and Console players from playing together imo. Pooling some people who are paying a yearly fee for online play with others who don’t have to pay a fee could be an issue.

Jonk is a turn 10 employee

Cross Play in Horizon 3 covers all online modes, co-op, competitive, and “playground” modes like King, Infected, and the new Flag Rush modes.

2 Likes

Sorry, didn’t read close enough. This is great to hear! Can you share specifics about what will and will not work without a Gold subscription on PC?

Again, all online modes, auction house, clubs, etc. will work on PC just as they do on Xbox One. You don’t need a Gold subscription to play any of the online modes on a PC.

If for whatever reason you don’t want to play online with PC players, or with Xbox One players, you will have the option to filter matchmaking by platform, but of course we encourage everyone to have fun with the game with as many players as possible in Horizon 3 via Cross Play.