How do I move up in my league division?

I don’t know what the league listings are… Is it grassroots, elite, pinnicale or is there more???

I just bought the game 2 days ago. Raced 3 of the story mode or whatever races to get cash… Bought a D class car and raced online. I didn’t ever podium or finish in the top half - just raced clean and had fun… Finally found the league section, and I’m in the “elite” league. What are the listings ? I finished 9-10 in 1 league race so far… They are much faster than I - only reason I didn’t get 10th, is b/c the 10th palce guy tried to ram me, missed and hit the wall.

That being said, i’ve raced since Forza2… So when I signed in to FM6 - i was given like 200,000 credits and a car or 2 for my ‘loyalty’… I have no idea what system they use to put you in what leagues, but I certainly shouldn’t be starting in “Elite”. Now if the hoppers were only d and c class FWD cars - sure - throw me in elite lol

Well Ive been played leagues seriously for about 2-3 months

Grass Roots to Enthusiast = 4-5 ghost league races. Popped up midweek in the leagues I hadn’t entered yet.
3 weeks to Pro from there. Got the B ghost league for my pet Kadett and won a few races by large margins (ie 15 seconds)
after about 6 weeks in Pro, this week I popped to elite. Mainly racing in the Vintage Sports (AKA Alfa 33) league. Again some very large wins.

I tend to pit early and do lots of clean laps if im back on the grid, or get away if I survive the first turn from Pole and pit on the last lap. Maximum opportunities for clean laps and what not.

Seems a lot like the DOTA 2 MMR system. Lots of the mechanics are hidden to stop exploitation. I’d rather it stay hidden then every rammer in the game have a way to be complete cheerful people and cause further dramas in higher leagues.

So IMO, its a combo of lap times, clean laps and beating your ‘betters’

If only it was lap times and clean laps but trust me they have no influence what so ever.

I will say it again. The only thing that gets you promoted/demoted is your win lose ration in and out of the leagues depending on if you are currently in a league or not. There is zero evidence that points towards lap times/clean laps being a contributing factor. Thinking about this logically all the ghost racers must be in pinnicle by now with the amount of clean laps they have done and that’s just not true. I would go as far to say someone who cuts but wins will always get promoted faster than someone racing clean finishing 6th. It just makes no sense to say clean laps make any difference

Go race on Multiplayer Hoopers. Win there a lot and you sill move up in the league

Your hopper trueskill only decides your initial league placement. Once you’ve actually raced in a league you get a separate trueskill score that is exclusively based on your league performance, and your hopper results cease to make any difference.

There doesn’t need to be any speculation. It’s in the FAQ and has been reiterated by T10 several times: leagues use TrueSkill, and TrueSkill is a generic Microsoft system for ranking players in multiplayer events. It ranks based on wins vs losses against other players and nothing else,.

1 Like