Horizon 4, too avatar centered.

in the previous 3 parts there was no such stupidity and everyone was satisfied. And not everyone is willing to ride on closed tracks like in FM7, just open up the world without unnecessary things

6 Likes

And people got along fine for ages without pre-sliced bread, too. Darn that meddlesome progress!

1 Like

Really?

The other person was asking for more racing stuff In a racing game.

You’re asking for more fashion and dance moves in a racing game.

It’s quite clear who needs to go play a different game. You’re not winning that battle, sorry.

10 Likes

Nope - if you re-read what I wrote, you’ll see I never stated a preference for more or less of anything. One thing I would like less of is people claiming to speak for the community. Lots of phrases being thrown about in this forum like “no-one wants this”, “the majority want this”, “everyone wants this”. Unless you can back up these statements with comprehensive market research - you know, like the developers will have done - then you shouldn’t presume to speak for others. And before you cite posts on this forum, remember that the unhappy people will vent, while the happy ones will be playing the game. At the end of the day, the developers will see what features of the game are popular with players and which are not. Their goal is to sell as many copies of their game as possible, not cater to a smaller niche market.

There is nothing to stop people enjoying driving in the game - just ignore the clothes and concentrate on the cars. I’ve had the game for four days and have 193 cars in my garage already - it’s not like there’s a shortage.

1 Like

Then go play Ken & Barbie’s Dress Up Party and leave that rubbish out of racing games.

11 Likes

Cant you just not dress up and then just use the standing emote?

This game so far seems to have lots of wheelspins so ample opportunity for cars and credits.

I don’t like the wasted time before and after races but I know they are really just elaborate loading screens.

1 Like

I like the clothes and horns. I certainly prefer them to 2000-10000Cr or just about any BMW.

1 Like

dude, there is no reason to get rude!
if you don’t like it, just don’t change the clothes of your avatar.
its just simple, end of story

what I miss are nonhuman avatars like a grey alien, anime characters, androids, cyborgs etc.

That´s funny, one of the first things I said when I saw the clothing items in the wheelspin is that I would rather get the 2000Cr prizes back xD

2 Likes

Hey I’m the first to admit that I’m not a big fan of the 897 BMWs that basically look the same. That being said… can you 100% honestly say you would rather have some shoes that Dorothy in Wizard of Oz might wear, instead of cash or a vehicle that, even if you don’t like, you could sell in the auction house for cash.

2 Likes

Yes, I would rather have clothing I probably won’t use than a car that I loathe or an amount of credits that I would happily spend on said clothing if given the chance anyway.

1 Like

Kick me in the balls, but I actually like the character appearance customization options. I wish there was a way to make your own customized character as well. Horizon series has never been a serious thing. It has always been a racing game with a funky physics, cheesy story and goofy characters. If someone wants something serious, you can play FM7 (although the MP part there is like it is).

5 Likes

I don´t have a problem with the lightness of FH, I don´t want it to take itself too seriously I would just prefer it to be more focused on the cars and if it must have avatars give us more customization, I would welcome that. A GTA 5 Online like character customization menu would be very welcomed by me.

1 Like

so maybe go play the sims game

6 Likes

Welcome to the Skinner Box.

Every time you win a wheelspin, the dopamine receptors in your brain register a pleasurable spike and you then press the bar for the pellet. Doesn’t really matter one way or the other what the pellet is though obviously we’d all prefer better pellets more often, it’s the dopamine spike from winning the wheelspin that counts.

The reason the wheelspins are packed with things such as emotes, clothes, and horns is that they have no effect on the game economy. You get rewarded (whether you like the reward or not), your dopamine receptors register the pleasurable spike, and the game carries on without you getting too many credits or items you can sell and that in turn helps slow inflation.

1 Like

The game economy took a hit when top painters could auction cars at a higher price than everyone else. Import their lame monster energy drink design from the past game and away they go.

I’m not in the slightest bit interested in the characters. It’s the cars, the roads, the stunts and the driving that matter - nothing else at all.
I was so looking forward to this game and now I feel that they’ve sold us a kindergarten app.

9 Likes

This stuff angers me. Why is it in a racing game? Who asked for skirts and dance moves to be in wheel spins? I hope they remove that stuff.

You keep hearing about how they listen to the community but then put this stuff in that bothers most people. Why?? It’s like the loot crates but worse.

9 Likes

I don’t really hate it, but I mean if you’re going to be able to customize your driver, I outta be able to make it look like me and not have to pick the guy that looks like most like me. If you’re going to do it, go all in. Also yeah I’m already getting sick of winning emotes and clothing from wheel spins. Seems like its harder to make money in this game.

1 Like

Threads merged.