Has the Cara Este drift zone (the big one) been made more vicious?

I’m getting fails for barely straying off the road in some places - has it always been like that?

2 Likes

I thought it was just me :slight_smile: Had the same problem yesterday, several fails that I just couldn’t understand. Same place each time iirc, one of the early curves or just after I think. I finally toned it down a notch stopped pushing the edges and made it but yeah I don’t recall it being that fussy last time, nor any other one being fussy recently.

EDIT : Hmmm… couldn’t be the Hoonitruck could it ? Like vehicle specific to some boundry box or something ?

2 Likes

ah, right, not alone then!

maybe something about the hoonitruck, yes

wasn’t everywhere but near the top, barely off the road and “fail” then again and again, other places rather further off the road and no issue

easy in that thing at least, as you write, take it a bit easier, wouldn’t take a lot of pushing to get a million in it

1 Like

heh… yours near the top/end would have driven me battier :slight_smile: At least mine were all early so not so much invested and lost.

ah, it’s okay, I did it going down, not up!

1 Like

Ah ! :slight_smile: Now I’m wondering if it could somehow be an “early” in the zone thing ? Like a server or loading issue ? Ah, who knows, this game, so fun :wink:

I have not noticed anything strange, I have succeeded the first time (going down) and without leaving.

2 Likes

I got a fail today in one of the rtr drift Mustangs that I didn’t think had failed it in the past. I went a little wide at the backhoe and straightened out. Then coasted slowly a little and then it failed. I think that’s what happened at least. It’s also weird they deleted my score but left the cheaters there. They used that excuse for manual v automatic trans scoring but did nothing about rwd v awd scoring or obvious hacks.

1 Like

Not just you, OP. Failed twice at spots I didn’t fail at before. Seems they made it just as strict as Horizon 3, with this update.

1 Like

Same issues for me, too, using the Hoonitruck. I encountered a few fails when correcting the car to save it from going completely off the road and when I collected it all up, back om the road, speed had dropped <10 mph and I got the fail. Other fails (there were many lol) were had from only very slightly going off the road in some sections which I’ve definitely never encountered before. It was like being in FH4 drift zones again!

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: Games used to be stricter. And meaner!

1 Like

Deleted

In the speed zone I did notice that the honnigan Rs 1800 wasn’t turning as much in the corner and I went flying down the mountain a couple of times. :joy:

at least half of Mexico doesn’t turn up the moment you start a drift run, it has that over H3!

2 Likes

Haha…oh, I know. I remember that game’s restraints very well.

1 Like

Yes, exactly! One of the smart things they decided to do in horizon 4, was ghost “half the country” :rofl:

1 Like

Huh…I ran that in the Hoonitruck the other day for the accolade, and even though I drifted a bit wide in a few spots, I got through it in one try. Maybe I just got lucky.

yep, they made - even if you once have to stop and rewind then you much more often get a failed run.

Bored so I decided to run it today in a 94 Silvia. A bit after half way through it I pushed harder through a corner and started to loop it. I was able to recover but failed the zone nearly immediately. Drift comps have strict rules about maintaining a drift and it seems they’ve moved towards that. I would imagine it’s going to make the live events that include that zone difficult.

2 Likes

Daft question this drift zone is missing on my version but on my sons xbox,anyone know why?