Hard Luck Racing's Hotlap Challenges Week 14: Grand Oak National, B Class, Modern Sport Compact

Excellent tune Chronic. Gonna run it tomorrow. Spent majority of day leveling up a Monaro and testing/learning track on free play. But I’m on LBs finally.

HLR BurninAsphalt :sunglasses:

Series S /Contoller

Chase Far view for maximum speed

3 Likes

I’m working on v2 tune a bit today had a dirty 59.108 with it just trying to put it all together now lol

Update tunes that are shared

B CLASS GRIP BUILDS

1970 Chevy chevelle - 59.799

1972 Chrysler valiant charger - 59.751

1968 Holden monaro gts 327 - !!! 59.447 !!!

1971 Plymouth GTX - 59.781

Pontiac GTO - 59.900

3 Likes

Saw this, and decided to give it a go.
Blind or not, i like a good challenge.

Xbox X
Paddle
Cockpit close

2 Likes

Went with old faithful, the GTO Judge. Racing through rivals now building her up B as I go. At least males interesting and hopefully doing some multiplayer with it in a couple hours.

2 Likes

I bounce between Series X, Controller and PC, Wheel/controller

This run PC, One X controller, hood cam

1970 Chevy Chevelle

Fastest clean lap 01:03:490

Fastest dirty was a 01:02:4 something. I just barely botched a corner exit. Best lap I had til then. Haven’t been able to match my lines. Break time.

2 Likes

We try to update it as often as possible, but we have to eat and sleep LOL.

Occasional errors also creep in (usually my fault), but they all get corrected eventually.

5 Likes

No worries! I was just curious if it was pulling data from the leaderboards somehow or manual input.

1 Like

Manually…Yet, we have a pretty good system in the works for many years!

4 Likes

Console
Wheel
Hood, Driver or Cockpit

2 Likes

Good to see you back everyone. Could be just the thing to ignite the passion for FM again.

Series X
Controller
Chase Near

Have fun everyone.

4 Likes

i am not going with a wheel. So you are free to correct this in the list.

1 Like

Should be able to set a B class time tonight. Got to L20 in my car now - 1.06 so far with a few parts thrown on and untuned in C class :joy:.

3 Likes

Spent most the night building a GTO to do roughly 4 laps at B600. Need to put the better V8 in and fine tune build/setup. Feels good though.

Best part about the HLR competitions is having a competative Lobby Car that isn’t META when it’s over every week.

3 Likes

Had a blast last night chasing down BaBaKelsaiah in my GTO. Tried my own tune at first, this did not go well at all, I could keep up in the early part of the lap and then on the back straight his Valient was like a rocket ship.

Relented and downloaded a tune and and can get with in striking distance and put in a 1:02:714.

Overall though love this challenge, love the track and car choice and hopefully will make me faster at the game. Also a refreshing change from the crash fest of multiplayer .

Thanks for letting me be involved and I look forward to more.

5 Likes

If anyone want to try my tune for the Chrysler VH Valiant Charger I would appreciate some feedback on it.

1 Like

Now to get back to my favorite part of Forza. Testing builds and making a car the absolute best and improving as a driver while I’m at it. 1:03:499 improvement earlier thanks to Chronic. “The challenge is what makes it great. “ :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Anybody else tune without aero? Rarely see cars without it. Got any secrets for compensating for the lack of downforce? Just can’t make myself slap those hideous wings onto my cars.

I kinda like the muscle car wings in Forza thank god they don’t make us put on those big dumb wings lol

Tbh nothing you can do tuning wise I’d say to compensate

Aero is a huge advantage on this track as properly tuned aero will give you alot of turn in and make the car maneuver much better

2 Likes

My run was no aero with the Valiant-Charger. This track has a ton of low speed corners so It wasn’t hard to drive without.

2 Likes

If anyone is interested in the Dodge Challenger, I can share my tune. This car can do a lot better, yet, I am completely messing up my last turn off the chicane. Stays with all cars up to that point. Please let me know. Thx!

2 Likes