Future Horizons : Barn Finds

A concept idea for a future instalment to the franchise…
for the purpose of the example, i will use FH5’s map & characters to help illustrate the idea

BARN FINDS
Your currently driving around the map or completed a specific task

You get a call/text message from a Horizon staff member…

They notify you about a rumour, a story in a magazine, overheard a convo etc about a car thats been abandoned, if we can find it we can keep it…

They supply you with the details they have…

As you explore the map, trying to solve the clue, you come across what looks like an old barn/shed/storage container, you drive up, open the door and discover the car - Its here!!

However the car is heavily damaged and will require some parts before we can remove it…

You make a list of the parts you need, some wheels, tires, oil, rope and a trailer and set off to gather the items

First off to the Wilds Festival to collect some rugged used tires…
Then drive to Alejandra’s garage as she said she has some wheels we can have…
Next stop, Guanajuato to buy some oil…
Then lastly back to our designated Home to get the rope & trailer…

When you collect the items, you get the option to take FREE ones or BUY some, if you purchase the items it reduces the “repair-&-add-to-garage” time but if time isnt an issue, you collect the free items…
After you have all the items you return home and get into the flatbed truck.

Loaded with the supplies, you drive the truck to the barn…
Cutscene showing the bonnet up, you adding oil and the car starts n revs with a cloud of smoke.

After the cutscene you are now back in the world, with a car (under a cover) on your flat-bed and its time to drive back home for repair/upgrade/paint…

This is just 1 example of how the Barn-Finds could be upated for a future Horizon game, other ideas could be:

• A smashed up rally car buried & lost under thick bush & a mud-slide…
  • An abandoned baja truck long forgotten, last seen when it sunk into the lake…
  • You find an engine in an old disused garage & after some investigation you locate the original owner, who still has the original car body…

Thoughts?

Nice, Gives it a more authentic and deep connected feeling to the Barn Finds. I don’t like how you cannot sell them though, OR get rid of the vehicles.

agree, basic storage options should be given to players for all cars, esp’ with the limited storage we are allowed unless they can find a way to increase the garage or save figures.

1 Like

I also want to keep the livery you see in the barn as a paint option.

2 Likes

One of the recent NFS games had it where you had to find parts for the barn find cars

2 Likes

I just want to be able to sell/gift/delete them from my garage.

Collected them as an Achievement required it but not I can’t make use of them as several aren’t competitive enough for the way I like to play.

bruh that would be awesome

I want another of the 911 Carrera RS barn finds. One I have as an A800 rally car but also want to cruise around in the RWB kitted version. It’s easier to swap cars than tunes, especially since there is a tune quantity limit.

FH4 had the option to sell them, why was it removed?

Back on topic, I would live barn finds to be more in-depth, like their own story. Different for each car. One is easy as the ‘resto shop’ has all the parts and another where you have to find them accross the map.

Been trying to think of a way that might suit all (impossible task i know) but how about this…

Has to cater to those who hate to spend ingame money…
Has to cater to those who dont want additional tasks…
Has to cater to those who dont mind some costs or time investment…

• You get a notification ingame, this can be from:
    Radio interview, Radio rumor, Ingame call, Ingame txt message, etc…
  • You make a note of the details/clues and try to solve the riddle/puzzle…
  • You find the location and call it in, a Horizon staff member meets you there…
  • You open the barn/shack/shed and discover a heavily damaged car, the horizon staff member asks if they should take it back to the horizon garage or if you wanted to deal with this one as a passion project?

Select send to H-Garage:
A cut scene plays out: Horizon staff member guestering to someone backing up a flatbed ready to load.
You have a 1 week wait until its ready to add to your collection.

Select Passion Project:
A cutscene plays out: Your character walks around the car making a list of parts needed.
Each item needed is a task to complete & each one completed shortens the “add to collection” time frame & applies a perminant upgrade discount to the car.
Once fully completed and you return to the barn/shed/shack, you get an additional cutscene:
Bonnet is up, your head deep in the engine “ok, fire it up!” - car starts n revs with a cloud of smoke

thoughts?

1 Like