Forza Motorsport 7 Day 1 Plans

Well we have plenty of time to notify bosses/managers/significant others that release day will be a day of vacation from adulting. Who already has plans put together for release day on Forza 7?

Ill be working on the 28th (Ultimate Edition Release Eve) and I’ll be off on the 29th so I will be playing solid from midnight at release until late on the 29th. Super ultra mega Mixer stream craziness will ensue as well I am sure.

1 Like

Is it gonna be a midnight release? As I’m fairly certain FM6 was released 1pm UK time. Still I love a midnight release - have very fond memories of going to pick up FM3 at midnight when it first dropped and then playing through til 8am when I then had to go to work.

Either way a few days off work are booked and September can’t come quickly enough!

1 Like

I won’t take a day off for early release, or regular release day. But If I get the game it’ll be the ultimate edition. Most of my first day will be stocking my storefront, and getting designs transferred over.

1 Like

remember not all the hoppers may be ready for early access. First night of Early access Forza 6 had only a few hoppers

1 Like

i work 3rd shift, and have other responsibilities so I might only have a couple hours to play on launch day. I think my first day off will be almost a week after it comes out so that is when I will get a good chunk of time in.

1 Like

Wow that sucks. I work until 3:30 am morning of release of FM7. But of from work for 2 weeks. YES!!!

1 Like

My plan is to load it up on my PC, see how poorly it runs, then wait two months for a patch.

2 Likes

If it is anything like FM6:Apex it should be just fine! I’m feeling pretty confident they have learned from Apex and FH3 over the last year to optimize the release of FM7 on PC

Got the day off for the 29th. I have already started to get my tunes and vinyls ready to be transferred over.

I’m a PC gamer and I have the Ultimate Edition pre-ordered. I’m a legend tuner in FH3 and I’m wondering how transferring designs and liveries works? Do you have to transfer them one by one?

Hello PC young blood! :slight_smile:

About your tunes -not liveries- keep in mind that Horizon has all friction coefficients turned up to 11.
This might mean that your tunes will not be as efficient out-of-the-box on Motorsport, or even that their index will be slighlty different.

Cheers!

If I remember correctly from the FM5 to FM6 transfer, it would be synchronizing the files between FM6 and FM7, not per single file. T10 might change the process though. It became a lengthy process between FM5 and FM6 only if you had the letter “a” in a design or decal which needed to be removed before transfer. T10 solved this issue very prompt though.

These taking a vacation day,calling in sick to play Forza posts always make me laugh,i have a hard time getting a day off with a broken arm!!

2 Likes

gonna be painting for dayz!

1 Like

Let’s hope that they pump up the Azure CDN so you can also get good download speeds. Maybe they’ll allow early downloads but no activation until midnight.

I’m gonna work first, then come home and race. keeping it real and simple…

3 Likes

I’ve already scheduled the 29th off. The plan will be to grab a nap Thursday evening after work and start playing at midnight. I’ll probably start by transferring things into my storefront and checking out the auction house. Then I’ll jump into the campaign mode. My wife is awesome, and will usually take the kids and go to her parents for the night when a new Forza releases, so I can have the house to myself and play.

Not planning anything for release day… not even planning on getting it day one at this point. I’m sure I’ll eventually pick it up, but so far there’s nothing that’s got me hyped for release. That could change, but my expectations are low on that front. If I do end up wanting it day one, I won’t be getting the Ultimate Edition this time. I’ve finally been put off buying six car packs in advance sight unseen.

3 Likes

Download and play it asap.

A fully fledged Forza Motorsport game on PC is like a dream come true to me. I like FH3, but overall I prefer the main Motorsport series by far.

1 Like

Gonna take the day off and turn it into a holiday for myself. First things first is I’m gonna scroll through all the tuner cars to see the new bodykits Dan mentioned at E3. Honestly if they don’t follow through on their word I might just go play Horizon and come back to it later.