Forza Horizon 4 Route Creation Contest - Routecomp1

I also tried that method to no avail. But I have seen the class choosing screen before. I’m starting to think that the game randomly decides when to let us choose.
Still, a mod needs to chime in on this since we are clearly having trouble adhering to one of the rules.

I have submitted a support ticket.

Gamertag: AltaSilencia11
Route Name: Tangled Trail Modern Rally 5.3
Route Start Location: Lakehurst Woodland Scramble
Description: A wild mountain rally to the bridge near Uffington White Horse. Almost all of this course is dirt and mud. While fantastic in multiplayer, this course was meticulously designed for an engaging and competitive single player experience.
Length of Route: 5.3 Miles (Point-to-Point)
Season: Autumn
Time to Complete: 4:38.262

11-25-2018_8-40-31_AM-xqg1fkgm by AltaSilencia11, on Flickr

11-24-2018_12-35-29_PM-sudjfmfs by AltaSilencia11, on Flickr

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone might know this but… Is there a way to delete a blueprint? I noticed On my shared blueprints it’s mainly the stuff I made when I first started playing the game. I just noticed when I went to search for the Italian Job event I made it’s on my shared Creative hub BUT it’s a Summer version I made (I made a Spring version afterwards to keep it within the rules for this contest)

any help would be helpful. Thanks

Want to point out a ponder, not sure if it is an ERROR in the original posting.

This contest was announced during livestream, but they also specified specific class restrictions for car type.

So copied from OP, and adding the classes from stream:

• Summer S2 Class asphalt (Max PI 998) HYPERCAR
  • Autumn B Class Mixed Surface (Max PI 700) MODERN RALLY
  • Winter S1 Cross Country (Max PI 900) EXTREME OFFROAD
  • Spring A Class Mixed Surface (Max PI 800) NEVER HEARD MENTIONED IN STREAM AND COULDN’T FIND IN VOD!

yes, I made notes from the live stream, but assumed those sets of criteria were overwritten by the ‘team’ and the renewed contest specifics were now as detailed in the origin of this thread; posted by lass that co-presented the broadcast … perhaps she can confirm and remove any doubts.

I did send it as a DM as well, I hope that wasn’t against forum rules because it was specific to this posted topic.

Snip! Track still undergoing revision and improvement, will place back here when clean

Was going to delete this here, but it errored when I did. My tracks being spammed out in new posts!

Well, this is disheartening. Can I ask for a rules clarification?

I am wondering about the distance one. For an S2 hypercar, my track turned out to be 9 miles. Rules stipulate 8 miles. Now where I ponder this is that you say “or” so a circuit track with three laps of 3mi would be okay even though longer distance? My track even with low class cars still falls under the 10 minutes because it has high speed sections.

So is my submission (above) invalid just because of that distance on a point to point?

Gamertag: RedDragon00312

Route Name: Standing Stones
Route Start Location: Elmsdon on Sea Sprint
Description: High-speed circuit winding through Ashbrook and passing by the Standing Stones.
Length of Route (miles): 5.7
Type of route: Circuit
Laps: 1
Season: Summer
Time Taken: 2:45

Route Name: Wind Farm Rally
Route Start Location: Mudkickers’ 4X4 Scramble
Description: Rally stage through the Moorhead Wind Farm.
Length of Route (miles): 3.6
Type of route: point-to-point
Time Taken: 3:00

Route Name: Derwent East Trail Rally
Route Start Location: Lake District Sprint
Description: Rally stage along the eastern Derwent trail.
Length of Route (miles): 2.9
Time Taken: 2:15

Route Name: River Jump Run
Route Start Location: Whitewater Falls Cross Country
Description: Backwoods trail ending in a jump across Whitewater Falls.
Length of Route (miles): 5.0
Season: Spring
Time Taken: 3:30

Route Name: Mam Tor Cross Country Circuit
Route Start Location: Highland Farm Scramble
Description: Cross country circuit rolling over hills, jumping off Mam Tor, then passing through the Highland Farm.
Length of Route (miles): 2.9
Type of route: Circuit
Laps: 3
Season: Winter
Time Taken: 5:15

Gamertag: DagNammit86
Route Name: Rally Thru the Festival
Route Start Location: Ambleside Village Circuit
Description: Head up the hill from Ambleside and twist, turn and slide through the festival site.
Length: 5.5 miles
Type of route: Trail race
Time taken: ~4:25

rallyfestm by Cory S, on Flickr
rallyfest by Cory S, on Flickr

Route Name: Gardens Scramble XL
Route Start Location: Mortimer Gardens Sramble
Description: Race your way all around and through Mortimer Gardens.
Length: 3 Laps
Type: Scramble
Time Taken: ~2:05 per lap, ~6:20 total

gardenxl by Cory S, on Flickr
gardenscramblexl by Cory S, on Flickr

Route Name: Miner’s Rush Retro Rally 7.1
Route Start Location: Ambleside Scramble
Description: A high-speed rally rush to and through the quarry featuring some wild natural jumps and drift areas. While fantastic in multiplayer, this course was meticulously designed for an engaging and competitive single player experience.
Length of Route: 7.1 Miles (Point-to-Point)
Time to Complete: 5:23.232

11-25-2018_3-18-52_PM-10cajdna by AltaSilencia11, on Flickr

11-25-2018_3-18-41_PM-lkiak3bs by AltaSilencia11, on Flickr

Route Name: Off the Rails!
Start Location: Railyard Cross Country Circuit
Description: Bounce through the fields from one rail line to another, before ending at the airstrip.
Length: 4.5 Miles
Season: Winter
Time to Complete: ~2:35

offrails by Cory S, on Flickr
offrailm by Cory S, on Flickr

Just clarifying a few questions:

1. I’ll look into the reason why some of you are unable to set a specific car class.
  2. In terms of the cars that should be used, just stick to the information given in the first post, rather than the information given in the live stream as a few things we’re changed last minute.
  3. (Mainly response to @Vaporisor) - The track must be within the rules. So yes, having a track which is over 8miles with point-to-point (e.g 9 miles in your case) will be invalid for the competition. This is because we may potentially feature some of these within our live streams and would like to keep to a set time/distance.

Thanks everyone for your entries so far!

3 Likes

Custom Route Contest … ‘Surface Tension’ … mixed surface racing; A-class… Spring

surface tension flyer by Doug Mac, on Flickr

surface tension route by Doug Mac, on Flickr

surface tension start point by Doug Mac, on Flickr

• Gamertag … SKWOOODWYVER

• Route Name … SURFACE TENSION

• Route Start Location … Ambleside Scramble

• Description … an A-Class mixed surface race for Minis. A route that meanders and undulates over gravel roads and dirt tracks with some asphalt connecting roads. Start from Ambleside, South of the lake and follow the route over uneven surfaces, river fords and huge pools of standing water that pull you in as you push through. The race ends at the Northern point of the lake with a fast downhill flourish

• Length of route (miles) … 5 miles

• Type of route (Point-to-point or circuit) … point-to-point

• Season Chosen; Spring with heavy rain at night

• Time taken to complete the entire event approx 4 minutes in A-class Mini

I chose ‘Mini’ for a more even race … plus the fact that a dozen racing Minis looks awesome

click this link to watch the race

Thank You RetroKrystal …

as for setting specific class, between us we have established that you must create the event while in a ‘Horizon Life [online] session’ … it’s in ‘solo’ that the problem arises

Thank you for the reply :slight_smile: I do need to revamp my track so can snip out a bit of length. In testing with friends, there is one checkpoint that caused people to miss turns. No bueno. There has been a few hassles with the route creator, but starting to get the feel. I will pass along more feedback by the submission ticket for suggestions.

My tips for builders that I do now to deal with setting issues is:

1. There is no map in route creator, practice to plan your route. Vital for cross country.
  2. Set route, but quit out instead of completing
  3. Ensure are online, then can change start type, weather, set class etc from blueprint.
  4. Run it with different cars, weather, etc. Sometimes just a slight change in time can make a huge effect on your final outcome.

There actually is a way to get the map in route creator. But you have to set to an automatic transmission. With an automatic trans, the X button places checkpoints and the double square button will pull up the map. Extra useful when making a cross country race. Hope this helps.

1 Like

crossroads image b by Doug Mac, on Flickr

crossroads image a by Doug Mac, on Flickr

• Gamertag … PURE NFS MAC

• Route Name … ‘CROSSROADS’’

• Route Start Location … Greendale Super Sprint [central Edinburgh]

• Description … An ‘Anything Goes’ Class S2 circuit race of 2 miles per lap [3 laps = 6 miles total] ‘Crossroads’ makes the most of Edinburgh’s familiar grid system of streets allowing this route to cross itself in multiple locations; not a problem if the racer’s are well packed and racing close … but, as the race unfolds and the field becomes fragmented there is a definite possibility to be ‘broadsided’ if you don’t keep your wits about you. So, as you charge down that final straight to the finish, be poised on the brakes, be prepared to ‘give way’ … This is a ‘chicken run’ with consequences

• Length of route (miles) … 2 miles

• Type of route (Point-to-point or circuit) … Circuit

• Laps (If circuit) 3 laps [total 6 miles]

• Season Chosen; Summer [a clear afternoon]

• Time taken to complete the entire event; a little over 4 minutes

click here to watch this race

fmm flyer by Doug Mac, on Flickr

fmm route by Doug Mac, on Flickr

• Gamertag … PURE NFS MAC

• Route Name … ‘FOGGY MOUNTAIN MELTDOWN’’

• Route Start Location … Glen Rannoch Cross Country

• Description … an S1, Extreme Off-road event that starts with a downhill dash to a serious jump point. Crossing the river you take to the steep mountainside shrouded in dense fog, you will continue, albeit at almost 45 degrees, across the mountain and down to a wet and icy Hinterland and on under the viaduct. The river now becomes your path taking you to and through Mortimer Gardens, over a narrow bridge and back to the river course. Navigate the slalom of checkpoints, exit at the cottage and it’s up and over the snowy fields, through a clearing and onto the finish which is set tightly to the right of the houses

• Length of route (miles) … 6.6 miles

• Type of route (Point-to-point or circuit) … Point-to-point

• Season Chosen; [a foggy dawn] Winter

• Time taken to complete the entire event; approx 4 minutes 20 seconds

to view the Foggy Mountain Meltdown race, click here

Route Name: Ascension Modern Rally 5.5
Route Start Location: Bamburgh Pinewood Trail
Description: Race toward the setting sun as you climb in the direction of Lakehurst Forest in this fairly technical, high-speed rally. While fantastic in multiplayer, this course was meticulously designed for an engaging and competitive single player experience.
Length of Route: 5.5 Miles (Point-to-Point)
Time to Complete: 4:06.280

11-27-2018_10-54-11_PM-pwnwdreg by AltaSilencia11, on Flickr

11-27-2018_10-54-23_PM-ar35xsj4 by AltaSilencia11, on Flickr