Forza 4 Was And Is A Better Game Than 5

The only thing FH 4 is its a more polished game compared to FH 5, but then it is after years of post release support. After they fix or at least makes FH 5 online tolerable, FH 5 is a far better game overall. I still played both though.

fh4 had many of the same issues that fh5 has now when it first launched

cant compare a game thats had lots of patches and content releases to a brand new release.
and no, its not as simple as taking what was in fh4 and just sticking the new map data in it.

mexico being worse than the uk is purely subjective and thus irrelevant.

1 Like

Fast traveling other players… FROM MEXICO

Every Horizon game has been a worse game than the previous one. The map, handling model, graphics and car roster sometimes improve, but every game has been a steady decline in gameplay, especially with multiplayer.

FH1 had a meaningful gameplay progression, 1000 club and custom lobbies. FH2 lost the meaningful progression and custom lobbies. FH3 further broke progression and introduced games as a service to the franchise with weekly chores to get cars that couldn’t be obtained any other way, and the awful auction house and persistent economy which is a net loss to the franchise IMHO. FH4 broke progression even more to get players in their hypercars ASAP, doubled down on the worst parts of games as a service and weekly chores, and removed FFA multiplayer modes and a lot of other MP features in favor of putting all players in the same random matchmaking pool with limited choice of events. FH5 retained the poor FH4 progression and games as a service mechanics and utterly broke multiplayer, undoing all the progress that had been made over the life of that game and removing even more features.

2 Likes

I am in total agreement

And no, I am not just getting tired of Horizon. I still play Horizon 1 often, and enjoy it the most of all the Horizon Series

5 Likes

I vote for FH3 being better than FH4 and FH5!!!

3 Likes

I actually liked H3’s map more than H4 or H5. I think some of the races were more memorable, especially the cross country circuits at the construction site and the gold mine, as well as the og Goliath. Also the FE cars (or HE cars as they were known as in that game) were better than what we got in H4 and H5 imo.

I also kind of prefer the way skill perks were universal instead of for each individual car since not every car has great perks or the ones you want. It’d be cool if H5 allowed you to add new perks or replace unwanted perks on your car’s mastery tree.

3 Likes

Uh, no. Nope. Absolutely not. No matter how broken H5 is, H4 will not become better than it. Hard disagree.

5 Likes

FH4 is already better than FH5 and always will be. FH5 make look more beautiful graphically but that’s where it stops. everything else is a shambles.

4 Likes

FH4 is already a million times better than FH5. People who cant see it, because a) they obviously never played FH4, no matter how hard they try to say the opposite. b) they really dont have a clue at all, and they need to justify their purchase c) they are fanboys. Probably this is the most logical explanation <<<

FH4 is a million times better than FH5, and anyone who cant see it for reasons i dont understand, really needs to stop playing videogames lol.

4 Likes

Agreed 100%. I just don’t get the “Anti FH4” mentality of so many FH5 fans here. The only logical conclusion to draw is that they never got into FH4 in the first place. Most of their opinions are coming from 20-50 hours of total playtime in FH4, sometimes not even. I have over 1500 hours in FH4 and still having fun, FH5 got boring and empty after about 100 hours. FH4 is a class above FH5 in every way.

2 Likes

Deleted as I apparently don’t know what I’m talking about

3 years of input has nothing to do with it. FH4’s launch was way more exciting and it was a full package, you could see how much love and effort has gone to its development. I still have streams and recordings of FH4’s launch in 2018, it’s like night and day compared to FH5. FH5 looks like it was made by the back up team while the main team was on vacation.

1 Like

Umm no, you couldn’t, FH4 at launch was also in the worst state of any in the series at the time.

Just because FH5 was/is worse doesn’t elevate FH4’s shoddy state with missing features of it’s own, you couldn’t even go in a solo adventure at the start of FH4.

1 Like

Umm, yes you could. It’s really sad if that was the case for you. That means you missed out one of the best racing games of the past decade. It’s similar to the situation where young players who think GTA 5 was the greatest GTA game ever because they didn’t get into the GTA trilogy and they don’t care.

I think you’re confusing technical issues with the saying “how much love has gone into it”, those two are separate things. Maybe you just don’t know what it means? You don’t see how much love has gone into FH4 because you couldn’t solo adventure? Doesn’t make any sense. On the flipside, even FH5 was 100% bug free, I don’t see any love or effort was put into it compared to FH4. There you go.

1 Like

I listed plenty of reasons in another thread, I’m not repeating myself to someone who’s obviously not going to accept a word of criticism against FH4.

Check my TrueAchievements page for how much I ‘missed out’ on it.

2 Likes

That’s not the case at all. I just can’t take anyone seriously when they say “FH4 was the worst” then proceed to “FH5 is way better” without a grain of logic other than “Well, if FH4 is the worst, FH5 must be the best right? 0<1 right??”

FH4 is a class above FH5 in everyway. Just because you spent money on FH5 doesn’t mean you have to defend it till the bitter end. Your money is wasted either way, defending a bad product won’t justify it.

o.O he wasn’t saying FH4 was the worst
And how is FH4 class above in every way? It has more gameplay elements and more cars and real seasons but then? And its not perfect deals with bugs since years… Yeah map in FH5 is bit boring on left side… but there is 2 years to go for new cars and gameplay additions

For the gameplay stuff + seasons some details and so on FH4 is atm better yeah but some stuff is better in FH5 for ex with the new volumetric fog some streetscene events look great

Minor graphics and shader improvements don’t change the fact that it’s worse in every other category. It’s not even much of an improvement considering it was launched 3 years later than FH4 and in some ways it looks worse than FH4.

Alright then, I’ll correct my self. FH4 is a class above FH5 in every way EXCEPT lighting and shaders.

I’m sorry I even wasted time trying to say anything to you after reading that.

You’re either trolling me or have a serious lack of comprehension and don’t visit this forum often.

1 Like