FM5 Community Run Contests - May - Prizes for you and your winners!

Community Run Contests for May:

Welcome to the Forza Motorsport 5 Community Run Contests Sponsorship signup thread!

Do you have a contest that you would like to hold and want some cool stuff to give away make it more exciting?

Do you not know how to go about setting up a contest?

This is the thread for you.

We recognize that some of the fun of the forums was being able to create your own community contests. We want you to be able to continue with this vital activity on the forums, so we are going to provide some help.

This Turn 10 sponsorship opportunity may be altered, ended or postponed for any reason at any time. Good behavior and fairness among all participants is expected.

1. Sign up with your Gamertag.
  2. Include a link to your contest thread.
  3. The contest must begin and end in the same calendar month as stated in the title of the contest thread. If it is a long contest, each segment must end within a calendar month. The 25th is the end of the month so we have time to close out the contest and begin again for the next month.
  4. Make a case for why your contest should be sponsored, in your post. We want a few lines about why your contest should be sponsored.
  5. It is your responsibility to get winners to us by the 25th of the current month, this is a strict end date, sponsorship is forfeited if winners are submitted beyond the 25th.
  6. You may have up to three winners listed for your contest. (The person hosting the contest can’t be one of the winners – you are already getting a prize for being a host.)
  7. Prizes will vary each month and will be chosen by the Turn 10 Community Team.
  8. Contest hosts will automatically receive the contest prize for their efforts in hosting a contest. You may have up to 3 hosts that receive prizes for hosting any one contest.
  9. If your contest does not follow these rules it will be disqualified.
  10. By signing up in this thread, you are not guaranteed to get your contest sponsored.
  11. We suggest that you do not say you are sponsored for prizes until you know you are sponsored.
  12. The Turn 10 community team will inform contest hosts of our sponsorship. All decisions of sponsorship are made by the Turn 10 community team.
  13. The Turn 10 Community team is offering prizes as sponsorship. The running of the contest is solely up to the host. (Turn 10 will not be responsible for anything beyond providing prizes to sponsored community contests. If a community contest is selected for sponsorship, running the contest, decisions about winners, submitting winners to the Turn 10 Community Team, and any other details associated with these community contests are the sole responsibility of the community hosts of the contest. These are contests put on by forum members and are the responsibility of said forum members.)
  14. You may only sign up to host one Turn 10 sponsored contest per month.
  15. To gift winners, hosts must submit the winning Gamertags (three maximum). For winners to be featured in game, the host must also submit the name of the file that won with a brief description whether it is a tune, a paint or a photo. (Featuring is not guaranteed, but the Community Team will try to feature some of the winners of community run contests.)

Prizes this month for your top three winners and the host(s) of the contest:
• Winners may get their item featured for a week as a Turn10 select item (if it is a tune or paint contest and is something that can be featured. Featuring is at the discretion of the Turn 10 Community Team and not guaranteed).

• 100,000 credits to each winner and each host(s) (and default prize if one of the other prizes is not specified)
OR, a Halo - Spartan Assault - Ford Mustang (black edition)
OR, a Zoo Tycoon - Ford Fiesta ST

• Your contest may also get a mention in a WIR news article.

Eligible Contest Types:

1. Paint Contest – either Race Livery or Fantasy Livery
  2. Tuning Contests
  3. Photography Contests
  4. Layer Groups contest
  5. Race Contests
  6. Drift Contests
  7. Something else? Make your argument a good one, and maybe you will convince the Community Team to sponsor it.

Example Contest Submission Post:
Host GT: LV T10
Contest Reasoning: I want my contest to be considered because….
Contest Details: A paint contest with this theme
Contest Dates: (The contest must begin and end in the same calendar month as stated in the title of the contest thread, and before the 25th of the month.) i.e. April 4th to April 18th.
(Note: Monday, May 26th will be fine as the last date this month for getting your winners to us.)

List of community hosts that will have the stated prize provided for their Community Run Contest:

Prizes to be Provided for the Following Contests - For May

1. Host: Brokenvegetable
    Comp: Photo - The Beast Within
    Link: http://forums.forza.net/turn10_postsm107071_BV-s-May-Photo-Comp---The-Beast-Within----Ends-5-22-14-----Everyone-Welcome.aspx#post_107071

2. Host: LazarusJackson
    Comp: TMOAP 2 - Round 4: Grand Prix of Background
    Link: http://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst14364_-PHOTOCOMP--TMOAP-2---4--Grand-Prix-of-Background---OPEN.aspx

3. Host: Beetfarmer89
    Contest: L2Fly in Forza 5!
    Link: TBA

Host GT: Spike III

Contest Reasoning: I want my contest to be considered because…. I am always looking for new ways to reward my small Xbox One community (est. 2011) & build new interest groups for the members. Initially running a simple photo competition with their primary gaming theme at it’s core, seems like a great way to build interest, skills & even recruit a few new members. It will also encourage some community members to pick up the design tools for the first time & have a stab at something creative. If accepted this would be our first sponsored competition but with any success we would hope to build on this over the coming months.

Contest Details: A simple paint contest with a “Call of Duty Icons” theme (past, present or future). (Timed to run after the official announce)

Contest Dates: I’d like to run the competition Sun 4 May to Sun 18 May allowing a week to judge & plenty of time to submit the winners to you.

Please let me know if you require any other info.

/ / / / / / /

NOTE : With no response, please remove this post. We no longer wish to run the competition. Thanks

Spike, you have a PM waiting for you. Thanks.

Many thanks LV, hope to be back soon.

Host: Brokenvegetable
Comp: Photo - The Beast Within
Reasoning: I really do enjoy doing this, I am always excited to see people from around the community spend time to post and take these amazing pictures of cars for my comps. If I couldn’t do things like this I would feel like I am missing something. I also love to come up with new ways to get others to be active in our amazing community. Thank you for always allowing me to do this for our community.
Dates: May 8th - May 22nd
Link: http://forums.forza.net/turn10_postsm107071_BV-s-May-Photo-Comp---The-Beast-Within----Ends-5-22-14-----Everyone-Welcome.aspx#post_107071

gt: LazarusJackson
comp: TMOAP 2 - Round 4: Grand Prix of Background
link: http://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst14364_-PHOTOCOMP--TMOAP-2---4--Grand-Prix-of-Background---OPEN.aspx
description: we’re focusing on things around the track for this round, such as the environment, architecture, and objects for different courses. no vehicles are allowed.
reasoning: you know the deal. round 4 out of 10 in the second season of The Mother of All Photocomps.
dates: entry period 5/9 - 5/18; voting period 5/19 - 5/23

thanks for your support.

Host GT: Yackje

Contest Reasoning: I have had a great time (mostly…) organizing the series and want to offer a bit of a reward to the great racers that have participated. Because this was the first series I’ve hosted, there were quite a few bumps. The participants have faced the challenges with a smile (mostly…). It’s been a great example of the sense of community and rivalry that these kinds of events foster.

Contest Details: A race contest with paint contest for bonus points.

Contest Dates: Final race of the series Wed May 14th.

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/YackRacing/
(will have forum thread for next series)

Host: Beetfarmer89

Contest: L2Fly in Forza 5!
I want to see what ways the community has found to get the cars in FM5 off the ground…and I mean WAY OFF! I would like three prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The contest requires the use of the xbox game dvr and the onedrive or youtube.

Contest Dates: Open 5-10-14 and close 5-18-14 with the voting closing 5-23-14 at midnight PST.

Host: Brokenvegetable
Comp: Photo

Here are the winners of my May photo comp. To take a photo of a class D car in action showing off its unsuspecting power.
All of the winners would like to receive the black edition of the Halo mustang
I would like 100k

Friedrich II

iFSU Beetfarmer

Eat ur FACE01

Brokenvegetable, you and your winners have been sent the requested prizes.

iFSU Beetfarmer, you and your winner have also been sent the requested prizes.

Thank you for participating and being hosts.

TMOAP 2: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Background

Winners’ Circle

1st Place: swtluu21 - 10 votes

2nd Place: PTG Coops - 7 votes

3rd Place: Lethal Drift - 6 votes

Round 4 Results

Current Standings

not sure about the prizes for everybody yet, but i’ve asked them to get back to me today. i’ll edit this post if/when people get back to me. personally, i’ll just take the 100k cr. thanks.

[edit]: swtluu21 would like the black edition halo mustang, and Lethal Drift would like 100k cr. haven’t heard from PTG Coops yet.

[edit 2]: if it’s not too late, PTG Coops would also like the black edition halo mustang. thanks.

LazarusJackson - Just gifted out those prizes to the winners, thanks again for hosting another great round of TMOAP.

Congrats to the winners too :slight_smile: