Fixed? Well... no

I came back after long time to see if the problem of rubber banding AI was finaly fixed. And… no. The overpowered AI in championships fixed? Well… no. And etc…
Rubber band, sorry but no, this is so unrealistic and ridiculous for a 2021 game. I guess they’ll not fix that and they can guess i’ll not buy a next version of this game.

It’s an arcade racer so rubber banding is fine, that’s what most people will tell ya. I agree it’s dumb and shows lack of programming skill. Can’t actually make the AI difficult without making them cheat.

It’s like in fighting games how the cpu knows your button inputs.

1 Like

I didn’t find any issue with rubber-banding this week. Actually won all 9 races easy, using stock cars from offered lists. But i do try to race them without contact, so it takes me sometimes until 50-60% to get to first. Probably then there is not enough time for rubber-banding to actually take effect…

The Ai is the most important fix in the game, they need to completely rewrite it.

The AI in seasonal championships is mind numbingly easy since you’re stuck on highly skilled difficulty. We should be able to increase the difficulty to make the championships more interesting like we could in FH4.

The Trial AI has been nerfed since they don’t match the players PI level anymore. Probably because of so many in the community whining that they had to do the Trial more than once to get the win.

2 Likes

Strange how you blame the players for problems with the game.

Yes, I blame the players for the AI being nerfed in Trials.

While I’ve certainly seen overpoweref AI, and syncing issues in online races, I can’t say I’ve ever seen rubber banding. If I can get ahead of the AI and avoid calamity they don’t catch up and with enough laps I can lap them; conversely, if they pull that rocket-off-the-line trick in extreme weather I’ll probably never see them again - both of these situations shouldn’t happen with actual rubber band AI.

1 Like

Maybe so but I’ve seen it, in Trial especially, when one team human with a rocket and god skills (and at least once something suspiciously cheaty) gets a huge lead on everyone except a few of the AI who rubber band their bumper all the way to the finish. And Mr Bigshot gets the “win” but Team Human LOSES on points because they never had a chance to pass those out front AI. Heck, never even saw their taillights again.

I suspect you don’t see it the same when you’re in the front ?

EDIT : And the AI still seem to stack finish bumper to bumper in the positions they held when passed by Team Human. If that’s not rubber band physics I may be using the wrong term :wink:

I see it mainly on Goliath, and Colossus on Pro, or Unbeatable they catch up even if you just touch the grass.

In FH3 sometimes I’d get so far ahead of the AI on its version of Goliath that it would literally teleport the whole pack to the line when I got there. I think it really has some problems with those big races.

1 Like