Fix custom controls mapping

It is impossible to map custom controls correctly.

If you don’t start with Default Layout 1 to create a Custom Layout then you cannot map Anna context D-pad buttons

Telemetry Next and Last cannot be mapped at all.

If you map anything to D-pad Left or Right then they no longer work in the Eliminator.

If you create a fresh custom layout then right stick doesn’t have camera movement in the front.

Plus why are so many buttons mandatory?? Cannot unassign horn/Anna/Camera change/Map.

We should also be able to assign multiple functions to the same button. This would fix assigning D-Pad Left and Right for Anna + Telemetry + Radio + Link

We should also have multiple assignments for each button. Let me assign clutch and shift up/down to the same button. Let me assign horn + Activate to the same button

This is a $100 AAA game and this level of bad coding is not cool.

What’s worse is that these custom control bugs existed in FH3 (from all the forum posts I see) were fixed in FH4 and are now back in FH5. How is this even possible??

i always map the LB to bring up the map and when you do that the convertible top button doesnt function. this button is also used by our wonderful community in events lab. please fix this Thanks

Yes!!! I can’t use Forza link at all cuz of my custom mapping and it’s just plain irritating. Also the menu system for mapping is annoying, not being able to see major things on the screen at the same time to avoid double assignments is frustrating.

And for the love of all things, please remove required key binds for things like ANNA and music channels. I’ve muted my music because beside the fact that the music this game isn’t good, I got tired of the channel getting changed constantly. Let me set it in menu and be done with it, it can be an optional bind for people who want it but required is just ridiculous.

I totally second this! I don’t use Anna, Forza Link, or horn at all, so being forced to assign those functions on gamepad or steering wheel (with no buttons left for telemetry left/right) is frustrating.

I dont even know if its physically possible to map a custom profile with a normal xbox one controller because theres not enough buttons. The games default prompts have contextual inputs. Its absolutely insane they have the option to turn off Anna and the map button but still require them to have inputs for a custom profile. This level of incompetence should be criminalized.

Just getting into FH4 (PC) and ran into this problem almost immediately: the game forces you to map certain functions which quickly tie up all the inputs on the controller.

Situation is made even worse when running ‘manual w/clutch’ as that in itself takes up three slots (clutch, up-shift, down-shift), meaning you can’t even map a single new function as everything else is ‘required’.

To add insult to injury, I can’t even get away with mapping some unwanted ‘essentials’ to the keyboard in order to free up buttons on the controller; plus, oddly, it appears that some functions listed as ‘essential’ under custom mapping are not mapped on the default profiles…

Very surprised and disappointed to discover this lack of thought/attention to detail for a title of this calibre.