[FIT] RECAR DEEP5 paints(1983 GMC Vandra G-1500 9-13-15)

I can’t wait to see how that turns out!

Yea I might be biting off more than I can chew,but nothing ventured nothing gained. The grumpy lettering and even the Jenkins decal are going to be a challenge, I’m still learning how to do stuff the right/easiest way.I have most of the decals already the only one I’m unsure of is the one on the rear qtr that looks like SS, if anyone recognizes it please let me know. I also want to put aero on it but want to make the headlight covers look like headlights, not really sure of the best way to do that either.

This one might take a while and be put on hold just for a bit I might be doing a Daytona one first. Also the lettering on the Dart looks better and is on my SF for free.

Can’t wait if you start on that white beast!

I went ahead started working on the Camaro. I worked on the lettering almost all weekend it does’nt look bad but it’s not exact. I’ll have to upload a big shot and so you guys can see it, but here is a preview.

Ah I finally figured out the decal in the back, its Super Stock Member Drivers Association. now the little blue oval one on the bottom by the front tires that I almost did’nt see. :slight_smile:

Looking really good so far mate! I can’t wait to see it complete.

Thanks Ace I’m getting closer, I kinda bounced around a little and did a few other things but here is a update

looks like I might have to make my lettering a little smaller for the super crew and crew.

headlights :slight_smile:

Ok Grumpys Toy is done and in my SF for free, a couple more shots and then its time to move on to something new.

Looking good mate! Nice job on this one and the headlights looks great.

Thanks again Ace your encouragement is always welcome

Here is a Buddy Baker Dodge Daytona Livery I just Finished and as always its free on my SF

The Real one

And then my replica

Looks really good mate! Nice job.

Thanks Ace

This one went pretty smooth hope you guys like it, on my SF for free

The real one

My Replica

Nice job on this one mate! Really funky. Cool design here, you are getting pretty good. Keep up the great work.

Unbelievably good!!! I don’t know how you do it.

It’s funny how they did the font on the #6 on the Daytona different from the side to the front.

But you sir, are a Michaelangelo of historic race paints. Wow.

Thank you GroovierWolf but I’m not that good, there are a lot of other painter’s here that are more deserving of that title than I am.

I’m at a loss as to what I want to do next, if anyone has any idea’s post a picture I’d be happy to look at it and see if it’s something I could do.

IF I was to drive a 70 Camaro in a Trans Am race and wanted it in a real historic livery, I think I’d choose this one. But you just did a white Camaro.

http://www.historictransam.com/Drivers/JimmyCastle70Chaparral1.html

I should be able to do that Camaro for you, I’ll post it when I’m done.

I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out which Pony car I would use. This had always been on the top of my list, as I owned a 75 Camaro when I was younger. I still gotta post you my pic of that. But I think if I race with Avanti they would like for people to have real life looking cars. Which is cool. I think that would seal the deal. I really like Mustangs and Fords in my life now, but I don’t really like any of the ones in the game. The 70 being my favorite looking, is just very hard for me to drive. I’m just always plowing through corners with it. So front heavy. And the 65 Mustang, although would be at the top of my list, for some reason when you take a 65 Mustang Fastback and make it a coupe, it looks awful to me. hehehehehehe. I like the smaller engine though.

But, I do have a large affinity for the 70 Camaro, I am fast with it sometimes, although it is a rather loose feeling car in comparison. But I think it’s the one for me. My second favorite is the 66 Nova, but there isn’t much to go on for painting. I think I need an SCCA sticker that’s like a wheel and that’s about it.

here’s a peek at it once I get the Chaparral Camaro lettering done it will be done, maybe tomarrow.

I started a ghia last nite but not real sure where I’m going with it yet.