Find duplicate designs to delete

I did some Googling on this and was surprised not to find any results…or I wasn’t searching properly. At any rate, we have a limited number of designs we can save in “My Designs”. So how come every time I paint a car with one of my own designs, I get a repeat/duplicate of this design in “My Designs”? I was surprised to see I reached my designs limit several months ago, and going through them, I kept feeling “deja vu”. Sure enough, every time I used one of my own designs to paint a car and sell it, that design was added to My Designs…when there was already the original design there.

This is resulting in my having to pore through all my designs and find the duplicates that should never have been added in the first place, and delete them so I can paint more cars.

The logic as I see it, a design is a design. If I supposedly painted 5 cars with the same design, it should still only be ONE design in My Designs. If I use one of my designs to paint 5 cars, this shouldn’t take up 5 spots in My Designs. There should be a way to find all duplicate designs and delete them–or at least the ones that are no longer used on any car in my garage.

If you upload a design and then later on change something it’ll get saved as a new one. That’s how it always was. If you’re reworking one of your designs and don’t want to have a new one saved than you’ve to unshare it before. This way it’ll overwrite the actualy one and not generate a second new one. The problem is that you’re going to loose all the downloads, likes and uses the design had.

I’m not changing anything, that’s the baffling thing. I’m simply applying one of my existing designs to a car I might have won or been gifted, then I sell it. I never changed anything. I then have 2 designs, the EXACT SAME, in My Designs. Frankly, it’s stupid.

I don’t care about downloads and likes, because no matter how many designs I’ve done, nor how nice they may be, I’m lucky to get a couple dozen downloads due to whatever silly algorithm FH5 uses to suggest designs to users. A boring, lazy 1 color design gets 17,000 downloads, while the best of mine got a hundred or so. I suspect the fact I’m only an offline player plays a part in that, I’m pretty sure players who go online get promoted more often or more easily. So, losing the downloads and likes isn’t a concern.

EDIT: I should add that this weird design flaw doesn’t happen in FH4.

Sorry, but that’s not how it works. Like said a new save slot will only be used if you change something with an already shared design. If you’re just changing something with a design that’s not shared it should overwrite the existing one.

I agree that that’s not how it’s SUPPOSED to work…but that’s exactly how it’s working for me. My designs are all mostly shared, mind you. When I search for my designs to put on a car, it’s one of my previously shared designs. I don’t change anything to the design when it’s applied to the car. It creates a duplicate design in My Designs.

I don’t know why it should matter if it was a design in my Design Catalog or a previously shared design, it shouldn’t add a duplicate design to My Designs just be putting that design on a plain car without changing anything.

Hi all. can some explain me on how post in forun, cant find a " new post" button?. due i need some guidance on designs or post if can be some improved?

If you download it again, it’ll get saved as a new one. (eg duplicate car)

i’m dissappointed we still don’t have any management tools for duplicates and unused liveries.

Its not just that is not easy to find duplicate designs but we are offered in the region of 700 cars but cant save designs for THAT many cars, I keep being told I dont have enough space for designs, why the limited number.