FH5 Rally Adventure expansion now available

This looks like it will be really fun to play! Although this could have been the perfect opportunity to add the Ram TRX as well, it looks exciting nonetheless.

Make sure itā€™s Limburger cheese too.

As for the expansion,

Right now,Iā€™m keeping an open mind. Iā€™ll see what kind of reviews it gets once it hits. But no way will I pre order.

Probably a good choice. My inner rally fan is hyped but I know not to expect much. But I already have Ultimate Edition anyways so it doesnā€™t matter.

2 Likes

So, itā€™s not just me? I donā€™t expect to play this very much. And contrary to many, I did enjoy the Hot Wheels expansion and play that expansion often.

3 Likes

I was at that rally when Colin rolled that car.

4 Likes

I will honestly just play it for the F-150 Lightning Platunim

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing about the announcement that has me excited. Iā€™ll certainly play it when it comes out, but Iā€™ll be going in with the outlook that I bought this years ago and Iā€™m obligated to at least give it a shot. In the end, maybe going in ā€œmehā€ will leave me with a better impression when I finish with it.

1 Like

My Internet went out during the reveal stream and I havenā€™t gone back to watch it. Did they say it had 27 races? That doesnā€™t seem to line up with other info provided. The blog announcement mentions 8 races against each of the 3 teams, which is 24, though maybe theyā€™re not all unique. Then an Ambassador Race for each team, then a Goliath. If theyā€™re all unique, thatā€™s 28.

The first post also says it has more racing events than any other FH expansion. Storm Island had 26 routes, Blizzard Mountain 27, FH3 Hot Wheels 28, Fortune Island 32 , Lego 34 and FH5 Hot Wheels 18. If they said 27, curious whatā€™s going to push that count past the number in Lego. Would Rally stages count as racing events but not races?

Yeah i think youā€™re right. I think it is 28. And im assuming theyre counting the regular races and the rally races as 2 seperate events so they can say ā€œit has more than any other dlcā€ ā€¦ Kinda like how the new motorsport is ā€œbuilt from the ground upā€

Since I peeled myself away from the game back in December, I was hoping for something to really excite me to come back but this was underwhelming. Basically this new area could have been a part of the base game based on its location and terrain.

:unamused::unamused:

1 Like

I donā€™t have many memories of the Colin era as I didnā€™t get into WRC until later, but that roll was one of them.

1 Like

I see alot of variations of cars that are already in the game, but since the whole game feels like a recycling binā€¦

4 Likes

This new expansion seems like it will be short lived. We will play through the rally mode and then???

1 Like

Umā€¦ arenā€™t all expansions short lived like this? :wink:

Iā€™m going to come back to Sierra Nueva regularly for seasonal events from the Playlist.

Maybe, but itā€™d be nice if this one had at least half a gameā€™s worth of content instead of a quarter or less.

1 Like

1/2 of content for 1/3 of price? Unlikely :wink:

2 Likes

Adjusted for the temporal inflation. A year late should have something to show for it.

1 Like

And then youā€™ll play something else. Is that really a bad thing? I know publishers love to push the whole live service, play-the-game-forever format but thereā€™s literally nothing wrong with just playing a game until youā€™ve had your fill then moving on.

4 Likes

All depends on the map and tracks we get.The cars on offer get a big meh from me and the prospect of chavy pop and bang tunes infecting the main game leaves me cold.The new HUD and co-pilot could be good,but then HW came with a new superdooper HUD too didnā€™t it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly, it feels like since that fateful May 16th in 2009, a lot of people expect every game to last for hundreds of hours with endless content that is to their liking, and if the developers donā€™t deliver on that expectation, theyā€™re going to get blasted online by a mob telling them that their work sucks and they should stop developing games and go do other work

Itā€™s like people forgot that they can play other games in the meantime instead of forcing themselves to play one (type of) game

4 Likes