FH Car Voting - Questions and Corrections (READ the first post)

A sugesstion
Do two different threads for debate and voting
One for era (for historic cars)
One for actual non-historic racing series (eg TCR Homologed Cars, GT3, GT4, Spec-Series)

Some people prefer racing series over age and others dont like modern cars and prefer more like Group B rally from 70s to 80s, so to avoid to threads get biased for a group or another, i think it is a better solution

4 Likes

In the Car Index List, There is a bit of confusion with the Toyota Mark II models.

The X80 Generation was the last generation sold as a Cressida, yet it’s the only model of Mark II that does not also say Cressida in the title.

Currently out of the 5 listed models of Mark II in the Car Index, only the X80 and X30 had Cressida versions.

I know these models are a bit confusing and it doesn’t really matter but I thought I would point something out to help.

1 Like

Ok, so asking to be sure, new gens must be reported to Car Topic Submissions?
Also about cars of same gen ,but with different names and models (eg Ford KA MKII had two different models 420 and 402 but on index is listed as one, likely 420) it should be reported there as well?

I’m still tweaking a lot of these car definitions, so it may become clearer as I go through that process.

When prepping model names I often quickly made a note of the most common variant of that model in the name. Eventually I’ll remove those from the topic names and indicate the variants of that generation in the topic body (with plans to provide polls for voting on preferred trim etc). So in some cases the intent is to be broad with the model title. If it’s arguable that there were two generations where I have one topic, note that here.

If a car model marked “-current” has ended that generation and been followed by a new generation, which is what you want to vote on, please put that in Car Topic Submissions.

I know there may be contradictory examples but please be patient as I go through thousands of requests to clear them up.

2 Likes

Sugestion: Remove votes for motor and Car Trim
Most car people will vote in performance versions and Petrol/Combustion over Standard versions and hybrid and electric motors anyway
Also it can end up being a PR nightmare bond to happen if they pick Combustion but devs due logistical or other reasons pick a hybrid or a all-eletric, lot of people on car community genuinally dislike or even straight hate eletric cars

Instead of it, let people talk or suggest on comments about versions they want

I am ok with Horizon and Motorsport votes, but i think that it should be leaved to Devs decide anyway

1 Like

That should be the plan if I got it right, as stated here:

Yea i saw that, but for non Racing Cars, i suggest that they keep just the main vote system and simple thread talk to avoid problems
People will focus only on the votting buttons than the replies and thread talk, and I am sure that they will complain if something goes agnaist the extra votes if they keep those vote options beyond the main vote system. (eg People vote for a Petrol-Only version but devs only manege to get a Hybrid or All-electic version).

People, especially in the Car community, tend to be very hard about their opinions and feel threatened and betrayed when things dont go what they expect, so make the options wider will be better to avoid those issues

1 Like

How do we know if a car on the voting list has been chosen / accepted for development?

2 Likes

You don’t until it’s released (or some outlet talks about it, as has happened with the Venturi Atlantique)

when I create a post, it shows ‘‘You are not permitted to view the requested resource.’’

3 Likes

Question:
I noticed that a few cars which were on the FH4 wishlist and later added into that game yet never made it into FH5 are missing a voting entry.
Would we need to request those cars to be added for voting again or are you planning to add those entries from the previous list?

2 Likes

I’m planning to add a voting entry for every past and current Forza models, so for sake of keeping the Submissions thread tidy, no need to add them to it. The initial list of voting topics was based on models that had a minimum of 2 user requests in my last tally of the FH4 car wishlist thread.

2 Likes

How many votes are needed for approval?

1 Like

See the disclaimer in the pinned messages here: FH Car Voting - Guidance and Index

3 Likes

@T10ManteoMax For car suggestions, if a car which is liked and upvoted cannot be implemented into the game (licensing, difficulty, etc), will we at least be informed that its not possible to do so, so that we may stop asking for it?

Generally Turn 10 will not disclose any details relating to licensing status. More likely we would list vehicle types that are out of the scope of the game.

I recommend to review how the various models of Renault Alpine are listed, some are under A for Alpine whilst others are under R for Renault. For consistency I would recommend to list all of them as Renault Alpine.
This affects the following:
Alpine A108 1958-1965
Alpine A110 1600 1973-1975
Alpine A310 1971-1976
Alpine A310 1977-1985
Renault Alpine A610 1991-1995
Renault Alpine Celebration concept 2015-2015
Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans 1990-1990

1 Like

@T10ManteoMax Dear Max, I really appreciate the effort that is put into the car listing/voting and also that you’re willing to listen to related suggestions and for example implemented that vote specifying for which game(s) we want a specific car!

The problem is that at least in this case here there’s so much wrong with the “presentation” that the whole good effort basically flies out of the window.

I’ll list a couple of points below to show you what the issue specifically with this case here is:

• RS (Renault Sport) cars are something different from ordinary Renaults. RS is basically the AMG or M Power for Renault and their cars often drastically differ from their normal counterparts. The Clio RS 200 for example has a unique “bodykit” that makes it look quite different from all the other Clios of it’s generation. It has wider arches, a different front with an F1-style blade, a rear diffusor and some other optical modifications normal Clios don’t have. They also come with Brembo brakes (calipers) in the front, have a wider track, faster steering rack, better suspension and so on.

• The car I suggested is not an ordinary Clio Mk3 built between 2009-2014. The Clio III RS Phase 2 or 200 as it’s called was only produced from 2009-2012. You simply looked up the production timeline for the 3rd generation of Clios on wiki and took over the until 2014 which is simply wrong and leads to unnecessary confusion.

• This specific car is only available with one single type of engine. A natural aspirated 2.0 Liter gasoline engine with 200 hp (hence the name 200). So having a vote asking which type of engine doesn’t makes sense (especially not a Diesel one).

I could continue and tell you that normal 3rd gen Clios where also available as 4-door versions while the RS only came as 2-door and much more but I think you got the point by now.

Here is an optical comparison:

Ordinary Clio III Phase 2

Clio III RS 200 Phase 2

I guess you can make out the differences.

And just as a sidenote. Here is the car and how it’s named in FH4.

What you did here basically is turning a suggestion for a specific version of a car into a general suggestion for the whole model generation. Which is not what was intended.

1 Like

Yes, that is the intention of this voting structure, to prevent weighted bias in models that have more variants than others. If there were 5 users interested in the DeLorean, which really only had one version, and 5 users interested in the Renault III who got to vote on each specific model name as topics, it would appear that the community interest in the Renault was many times larger than the DeLorean when in fact it would be 5 vs 5. BMW M3 requests go in the same base model 3-series requests in the same generation, as with Audi A/S/RS and so on.

I am editing threads to correct in this direction and you’ll see the note at the top of each topic: 1) Vote on the topic to show interest in the model generation, 2) reply to the topic to indicate which specific variant you want to see in the game. This way the developers can observe general interest in a car model and then factor in specific requests to which car variants are available for development and make sense to add to the game.

2 Likes

How do we find out if someone has already suggested a car or feature that we want to suggest?
Scroll up, or use Search.

1 Like

Citroën DS: Why so many? There are 5 different topics to vote on for the DS, but other cars get crushed down into one topic