Festival Playlist events and rewards through May 18 (Autumn S61)

Seasonal Summary: Autumn Series 61 in Forza Horizon 4

Drive the Speedtail in Forza Horizon 4, the Fastest McLaren Car Ever Built

Autumn leaves scatter the roadsides in Forza Horizon 4 this week as the intense speeds of the fastest McLaren car ever built, the Speedtail, races through the British countryside. It’s beautiful, ridiculously fast and meticulously designed to be all slipstream.

Aerodynamics playing into every feature of this limited-production hypercar, from the custom wheel covers to the single-piece rear chassis. With a 1000+ horsepower hybrid engine and a near 250mph reported top speed, there’s no better car to take on the iconic M68 Speed Trap.

The 2019 McLaren Speedtail is yours for 80% completion on the latest Festival Playlist, available until Thursday, May 18. Luckily for you, we’ve got all the events listed below that will help you on your journey to unlock this truly futuristic motor.

SERIES REWARDS:

• 50% Completion – Horizon Backstage Pass
  • 80% Completion – 1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

AUTUMN REWARDS:

• 50% Completion – Horizon Backstage Pass
  • 80% Completion – 2019 McLaren Speedtail

Category Event Restriction Reward
Photo Challenge #LightUpMyLambo Take a photo of any Lamborghini with the Lighthouse north of Bamburgh Super Wheelspin
Weekly Forzathon Long Tons of Fun Any Extreme Offroad 100 Forzathon Points
The Trial Lamb Chop Chop Lamborghini – A 800 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400
Showcase Remix Forest Sprite 1958 Austin-Healey Sprite MkI Super Wheelspin
Autumn Games Mudkickers Adventure Park Super Saloons – A 800 2013 Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG
PR Stunt Bamburgh Castle Danger Sign Anything Goes – S2 998 Super Wheelspin
PR Stunt Oakwood Crest Speed Trap Anything Goes – S2 998 Super Wheelspin
PR Stunt Lakeshore Speed Zone Anything Goes – S2 998 Super Wheelspin
Seasonal Championship Silence of the Lamborghinis Lamborghini – S1 900 2016 Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce
Seasonal Championship Get Hyper Hypercars – S2 998 2013 Lamborghini Veneno
Seasonal Championship Modern Age Modern Sports Cars – C 600 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
Monthly Rivals Astmoor Heritage Circuit 1972 Mazda Cosmo 110S Series II Festival Playlist Completion
Online Adventure Series 61 Qualify for the Online Adventure Roster Festival Playlist Completion

@ManteoMax - In this series there are at least two Backstage passes that some people will not be able to claim due to this known issue - " * Players are not receiving backstage pass from 50% series completion. (We are not gifting out individual compensation for this issue at this time.)
I’m not sure how many people are impacted by this but for me personally i have not been had a backstage pass added to my total for months, so it is extremely frustrating to see these constantly appearing in the playlist

4 Likes

Sighs.

Street circuits and sprint. In lambos a800. Bit wide for dinner of the corners with sharp edges.

Team win but not enjoyable

1 Like

I thought the trial was fairly easy and enjoyable. Used the Countach with Waznewz tune.

1 Like

Yup, trial was easy, once and done. Hours late by this time and couldn’t even get a full team, the early players moved on quickly.

I skipped the wide lambos and used a nimble Miura.

Edit: Easy trials are fun, have done it several times now even with the Urus.

2 Likes

Forest Sprite was easier than i remember.That said,still took 2 goes and a few rewinds.Quite funny the one i lost,i got rammed by the bike entering the final jump; the bike was unaffected,i was stopped in my tracks :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah you gotta miss the bike, either in front or behind. It’s on rails.

1 Like

The Miura is a beautiful car so I might try it. I’ve always used the Countach when this trial came up before. Been running a Lexus in games today.

I know it’s all set up but it’s great the LFA and Divo are in the shop.

1 Like

Been a while since any backstage passes were actually awarded to me. I thought there was one but it seems to have been taken back including on my alts. Seems like they should be awarded and then when all are claimed that it resets so it actually works for an end game.

I like the Miura too. I’d just upgraded the brakes on my Miura, that gave it so much more control on corners and shorter braking distance reduced the chances of drifting wide.

Took it on a test drive in the trial, my 2nd attempt, got a full team with tuned Countachs and Uruses and my goodness! I was glad my first try had only 3 players, even with tuned cars at 800PI, it seems like my teammates had no grip and no brakes, just going full speed and wall riding the turns. I was rammed so badly by this bulk of unstoppable force at the start of the first race.

It wasn’t hard to slowly recover and overtake my teammates with this kind of driving, but Horizon Festival Circuit was hilarious. I watched my teammates zoomed ahead wall riding every turn and they actually beat all the AI! Some were just behind 1 AI, and granted the AI in this trial is a bit easy, but wall riding a closed off circuit to victory in a trial is still funny.

1 Like

It’s on rails, and hard as nails :grin:

In the Trial,did anyone else have a rogue drivatar in a Urus? As soon as i got near him he’d skit about the track like he was being affected by lag.He was the same in all three races,but only when I got close to him;following him at a distance he drove normally

1 Like

Happens to me in every online race with AI, I attribute it to latency playing from SE Asia. Past few days server connection seems pretty bad, probably bad enough to affect even you.

The spastic side swiping AI can be seen in every Trial video I have, I can’t drive as I like and try to give the AI a wide berth in Trials and Team Ranked. I bump AI from the rear If I need to, sides can turn into a death sentence being sideswiped with such force that spins me out or knock me off track and out of checkpoints. Just being near them activates the sideswipe twitching, I get anxiety when I pass an AI not knowing if I’ll get sideswiped…

2 Likes

In attempting the Weekly Forzathon, I believe I’ve discovered why I have such a hard time with certain Cross Country events: simulation damage.

I’ve mentioned previously that I often feel my car’s underpowered, particularly towards the end of a race, and it seems as though the huge jumps common in CC events are the likely cause. During Whitewater Falls Cross Country there are a number of such ‘monsters’ and the final one’s a real killer. I play at max difficulty (125% CR bonus), but having failed numerous times to take a win (and feeling that something was off), as a test I changed Damage & Tyre Wear from Simulation to None; and the very next race was an easy victory…

Is there some way I can mitigate this via tuning or modification (ride height for eg)? Are some cars more prone to damage than others? I managed to beat Forest Sprite with full simulation damage enabled (time: 01:31), so presumably either the jumps there weren’t as severe (likely) and/or the car more durable.

Any thoughts?

(FYI: the car I was using for Whitewater Falls was the MINI X-Raid, tuned but no mods)

Wow,I admire you spirit ,but simulation damage on, in this game ?
No thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

The only way is to turn it off. I used to have it on in FH3 for extra credits but it’s the same with cross country races, you’re just not meant to jump your car off a cliff.

There’s no tuning in the world that can mitigate it, you want looser suspension for offroad handling but you don’t want to bottom out on jump and suffer damage. Either is counter-productive to the other.

You can turn on telemetry to see the vehicle damage. I think it’s the last tab. It would be interesting to see what happens in the showcase.

Tmk simulation damage and cross country don’t play together. Have you determined how many actual credits per race you get with it on vs off? I don’t think it’s much.

It’s a question some players deliberate with whenever they play FH. Some have no qualms about it.

One of the most commonly used by veteran players is full speed punting the car in front on the turn after a long straight. My speedometer jumps up in speed even on hard braking.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I don’t care about the extra credits, it’s just how I like to play: as realistic as possible without requiring a sim rig (TM Racing Module arriving tomorrow!). I also have no HUD (bar position/time in races) and always play from first person; this does make knowing what gear you’re in a challenge with some cars, but you get used to it!

Having won both the Dirt and Road Series (wins rather than just podiums) I thought I’d move onto CC, where I have a few Series and Seasonal wins but not all that much experience. Then I ran into this issue…

What I like about simulation damage is it punishes you for bad driving: the prangs add up, as does sloppy shifting (manual w/clutch); and a hard crash is game over (no replays!).

Anyway… I popped up the telemetry window (can’t map to the controller due the the game’s insistence to have ANNA mapped… ggrrr… but luckily it works on the keyboard!) and reviewed the damage during Whitewater Falls. There are two big jumps in the race, with both dealing considerable damage: about 25-30% each. If you get lucky (I can’t seem to reproduce one of the ‘softer’ landings) you might be able to finish with engine damage at about 35-40% (not to mention all the other bits…) but it’s usually around 50-60%. I suspect if you got really, really lucky you might just be able to eke out a win (my closest second place is three seconds back from first), but obviously this isn’t fun…

Funnily enough, even at max difficulty/unbeatable AI the car just about remains competitive with 25-30% damage (overall) and were it not for the second jump, a win would def be doable; something to certainly consider for tracks which give you the option of a jump or a go-around!

I’ve not yet checked the telemetry for Forest Sprite (which I had no problem with); will do so later if I get a chance. I might also try Whitewater Falls with a different car and see how that does.

Thanks again for the help/info; all very much appreciated!

1 Like