Festival Playlist events and rewards through April 20 (Autumn S60)

Seasonal Summary: Autumn Series 60 in Forza Horizon 4

Drive Across Britain in the Impeccable Lexus LFA Supercar

This week in Britain is all about JDM legends. It starts with dual Toyota MR2 action as the 1995 Toyota MR2 GT and the 1989 Toyota MR2 SC are both up for grabs in the Autumn season of the Series 60 Festival Playlist in Forza Horizon 4.

The 1995 MR2 GT is especially prized by collectors as the last MR2 of its kind. Mounted behind its seats is a 2.0-liter, 241-horsepower engine with a five-speed gearbox. Such incredible numbers put it on equal footing with cars like the Ferrari 348. In 1995, the MR2 ended its production run due to rising prices and insurance premiums.

The MR2 name has built a following that has endured over the years. MR2 stands for ā€œMid-engined Runabout 2-Seater,ā€ while in the U.S. it is known as ā€œmid-engine rear-wheel-drive two-seater.ā€

As for the 1989 MR2 SC, the SC stands for ā€œsuper-chargedā€ because of its Roots-type supercharger that used an electromagnetic clutch to adapt usage based on power demands. This 1.6-liter, 145-horsepower car is a hero in road racing, so get it turned up in the Autoshow and show your opponents what itā€™s made of.

Itā€™s an exciting week for Toyota fans as their most successful homologated rally car, the 1992 Toyota Celica GT-Four RC ST185 is also unlockable, as well as the iconic rear-wheel drive
2010 Lexus LFA, a car that redefined Lexus and evolved their otherwise luxury performance vehicles to the realm of supercar with 552 powerful horses, innovative technology for its time and a truly impeccable exhaust note that will forever make it stand out amongst its sea of competitors.

The unlock requirement for each of these must have car rewards can be found below:

SERIES REWARDS:

• 50% Completion ā€“ Horizon Backstage Pass
  • 80% Completion ā€“ 1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

AUTUMN REWARDS:

• 50% Completion ā€“ 2010 Lexus LFA
  • 80% Completion ā€“ 1995 Toyota MR2 GT

You have until Thursday, April 20 to complete this weekā€™s Festival Playlist events with the overall series rewards available until May 4.

Category Event Restriction Reward
Photo Challenge #CastleintheSky Take a photo of any Nissan with Bamburgh Castle Super Wheelspin
Weekly Forzathon Tough Cookie Sports Utility Hero 100 Forzathon Points
The Trial With Love from Australia Country: Australia ā€“ A 800 1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
Autumn Games Bamburgh Castle Honda ā€“ A 800 2005 Honda NSX-R
PR Stunt Mam Tor Danger Sign Anything Goes ā€“ S2 998 Super Wheelspin
PR Stunt Deep Vale Speed Trap Anything Goes ā€“ S2 998 Super Wheelspin
PR Stunt Brookside Speed Zone Anything Goes ā€“ S2 998 Super Wheelspin
Seasonal Championship Retro Tourism Retro Rally ā€“ B 700 1992 Toyota Celica GT-Four RC ST185
Seasonal Championship Journey into the Night Country: Japan ā€“ A 800 1989 Toyota MR2 SC
Seasonal Championship Mazdaā€™s Guide to the Galaxy Classic Sports Cars ā€“ B 700 1972 Mazda Cosmo 110S Series II
Monthly Rivals Rail Yard Cross Country Circuit 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Festival Playlist Completion
Online Adventure Series 60 Qualify for the Online Adventure Roster Festival Playlist Completion

What in the name of all that is good and holy is this Trial. RWD Australian muscle carsā€¦on cross-country tracks. Absolutely putrid.

1 Like

Havenā€™t even gone near fh4 this week.

Maybe tomorrow if we ever get those pictures hung ā€¦

You can tell itā€™s a stupid Trial combination when even the AI is spinning all over the place. I decided to attempt it with stock options once or twice because I am equally stupid. The first attempt was a good indicator: I managed to hold onto it enough to blow past most of the hapless AI, but of course it didnā€™t matter because most of our team wound up miles behind at the back and cost us. Race 2 was more of a struggle, especially when I went off a ramp and hit what I swear was an invisible midair wall that nearly stopped me dead. By the time I get to the end weā€™re guaranteed the loss, and to add insult to injury I go off that last jump into the water pools which suck my car in like glue, while of course the AI gets to plow straight through. Always a pleasure.

I really need to apologize to the team on my second attempt, because I was hard carried by them. Race 1 was goingā€¦okay for me, though our team was losing by a bit. Near the end I look in front of me, and another driver has managed to spin outā€¦and then reverses into me and just keeps going and shoves me what had to be a good hundred feet off to the side. Thatā€™s a new one. By race 2 weā€™ve lost a couple of people, and the remaining drivers seem (gasp) competent and get out front, and while Iā€™m doing my thing I proceed to hit the same exact invisible wall off the jump, which sends me nearly to the back. Then race 3, weā€™re running 1 through 4, and I get into it with an aggressive AI while going off a jump, and thanks to some brilliant game design Iā€™m penalized something completely out of my control when I land directly on the AI car and flip over. The hilarious part is that despite losing a good 15 seconds I still pass two of the AI on the final lap, because theyā€™re driving so badly theyā€™ve managed to get stuck on buildings or drive off a cliff. Never touching this one again, thatā€™s for sure.

Yeah, this trial is tough in a stock vehicle. I remember it coming up in the past.

My first attempt was in an awd Monaro with rally tires and suspension. Two easy personal wins but two team losses. Attempt 2 race 1 there were two of us out front but the team lost. Race 2 eventually two back markers quit and we took the win. Race 3 was a win barely though since we both made some mistakes.

Iā€™m surprised that the 2nd attempt was successful. I might run it some more since the pressure is off.

2 Likes

I have a HSV gen f that i use for all muscle car challenges,this one had it at its limits i guess,but still got the job done. Luckily all but one of my team mates quit in the 1st race so it wasnā€™t too bad :smiley:

1 Like

I probably lucked out with teammates, only ran it once each with 2 cars Iā€™ve tuned for it, the Torana and the Maloo. I was so far ahead of any AI on all the races that I started thinking this trial was really easy.

The circuit race, I came close to almost lapping the 2 AI holding the rear and DNF 6 cars which was half the group.

From the cars used by other players Iā€™ve seen, the Monaro, Commodore and Gen F are pretty good too. I think I chose the Torana seeing its handling and ride height which lets it slice through the water.

ā€œFord Mustang GT500 2020 - Dashboard dials do not fade.ā€ Spotted this bug on a YouTube vid and subsequently found it listed as a ā€˜known issueā€™ on the Forza Support site.

Can anyone confirm whether itā€™s been fixed as thinking of picking the car up from the #Forzathon Shop; as I drive exclusively from first person, itā€™d def bug me!

Cheers!

Not enough for the trial about 40 mins ago. Ugh. Turned off.

Thereā€™s an issue with matchmaking in FH4 if youā€™re not connected to Horizon Online where it doesnā€™t seem to place you in the queue properly. You can wait for a long time and get the not enough players or the matchmaking text on the screen just disappears and matchmaking gets cancelled or after accepting a matchmaking the countdown just disappears.

I make sure to always connect myself manually to Horizon Online when Iā€™ve just logged on or just exited a race into freeroam before doing any matchmaking.

3 Likes

Got the trial done tonight. Was a bit of a wait for matchmaking, ended up with 4 of us on blue.

The tuned Holden I had wasnā€™t suited great for the CC but 3 easy team wins. AI wasnā€™t awful and neither were the hoomans for that matter, let them drive into each other.

1 Like

Why are you running RWD? I made a tune for the Sandman with AWD and I won by 13 seconds in the last race.

At this point I just make a tune for Trials because I carry my entire team anyway.

This was a good week for FH4 car collectors. LFA, MR2s, Celicaā€¦canā€™t wait for the Peugeot 207 S in Forzathon Shop tomorrow.

Just picked this up from the shop and can confirm that, annoyingly, the dashboard dial bug is still present.

By the looks of things it was fixed for the FH5 version of the car (likely an incredibly simple fix, prob a texture channel or poly flag), but presumably thereā€™s not much hope in seeing it updated in FH4 at this point in time?