Festival Playlist events and rewards June 27 - July 4 (Autumn S35)

it’s fine, I like to see you setting good times :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

I don’t mind the notifications at all and it helps to see what other people are using :grin:

The only bit that does my head in is when people bring out a meta build to best my seasonal tune :joy:

2 Likes

I had a few notifications but it’s not a problem. For a brief moment I thought you might be trying to beat my time but then I woke up and realised that was ridiculous, random messages from Forza Horizon make far more sense than anyone bothering with the times I set!!!

1 Like

I’m sure it’s by design as an “engagement trigger”, but you would think that a rival implies a competition with specific player. Going back & revisiting previous tracks/classes/times, particularly trying new cars, has just been a way to extend my enjoyment of the game, not to specifically best friend’s times.

As @CuriousGirl2591 mentioned, I’m also occasionally inspired to try/revisit other cars when I receive notifications, which was the case with the X-Class & it turned out to be pretty solid in A Class. I look for those bc unfortunately I don’t have the skills of someone like Gilles who can take the oddballs & crush times with them :smile:

Despite the claimed risk of inherent skill atrophy running Rivals though, I’ve been pretty pleasantly surprised to see how much I’ve been able to improve & being on a much needed vacation this week has afforded me more time to play.

@wwwREXwww & @TheGillesMuller: got your notifications for Costa; excellent times. I’ll be watching for Geist’s :joy:

4 Likes

Great post. When you’ve played some tracks in the game enough, you start to intuit the places where the AI brakes when it doesn’t need to, so you can set yourself up to blow by them there.

1 Like

this is amazing work

1 Like

Thanks guys :heart:
It may be overgenerous though. It is not like I’ve found some hidden key. I think that is a common knowledge and anyone of us could write that. No?

PS. Next time I’ll try to write something like that on thursday/friday and not 24hours before next season. Probably will be more useful :wink:

9 Likes

I mean a lot of us know some of these areas intuitively, but you’re the first person I’ve seen to lay them out graphically, which is hugely beneficial.

2 Likes

Decided to try out the CC Championship. I forgot to screenshot the second race, but came 2nd, 7th and 1st, changed car after every race to change the AI drivers to make it easy.

Uh … i had no idea that rival notifications can go out even if you arent racing the persons ghost. The club im in has gone radio silent for about a year, at least with me. Id been trying to not race their ghosts to avoid that, but if notifications get sent every time, theres probably been days when theyve been flooded. Apologies or at least a “im not trying to target yall” may be in order. Thanks Forza.

2 Likes

luckily it’s not every time, it’s only once when you pass them. and then if you improve your time it won’t send another one, it will just update the existing notification until it expires or gets deleted

1 Like

Well, glad to see I’ve not been the only one running some more Costa times; that leaderboard has changed about every time I looked at it :joy:
(Shoutout to @ziperrPL fot #34)
My personal goal was to hit 01:45 & almost managed 01:44, good for #139 currently, so pretty pleased with that. Really don’t think I’m going to be able to squeeze much more out of it & it was about as close to a “perfect” run as I could manage. Here it is if anyone wants to check it out.

4 Likes

Nice :+1:

Will get on later tonight and give it some more runs.

Nice time. Zips got the midas touch with this one :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Solid run Bravo :+1:

Some info from me:
I’ve used LPHANHAN’s tune (it is from 2024, so 100% sure it uses rear tire profile)
I’ve used all of my luck on last corner (clipped lamppost in the way that it prevented me from hitting the wall)
Video (I assume you use similar tune, so racing V8 and stock gearbox):
0:14 don’t shift before jump, do it in the air
0:32 here I’m staying in 4th gear + I aim at the tree/bushes/boxes on the left and use them to slow down and to switch in right direction as quickly as possible for better line on the beach (low grip sand)
0:44 here I’m staying in 4th gear
0:54 IMO it is better to go wider here, so you will have better line in that right-left section
1:05 too much sliding
1:34 here I try to aim at that hut with car sliding a bit, so you don’t get spat out on bumps to the left side
1:42 I think you can go more to the left
Rest is just smoothing and sliding only when necessary :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks Zip; appreciate the feedback. I’ve been using @Rocklxd’s tune (share code: 134 304 765 - “A CC V1.2”, also listed in the video descriptions) Started out with it on El Descenso & just stayed with it. Not a big fan of the anti-lag turbo, but a very solid tune all around.

That may be about as smooth as this old man can get it :joy: but again, appreciate the feedback :fist_right:t2:

2 Likes

This is my X-Class tune of choice, including my Titan time

2 Likes

Big thanks to @AAORTA and @Bravo437 for trying the track/eventlab and providing feedback. :+1:

2 Likes

No worries - as said, good to see a new face amongst the usual suspects in eventlabs and better still that it’s a respected forum member.

1 Like