Festival Playlist events and rewards July 27 - Aug 3 (Autumn S23)

Forza Horizon 5: Festival Playlist Events - AUTUMN - SERIES 23
For players who need help: Cars and Tunes

Forzathon Weekly
ode Tune FORD SHELBY GT500 2013 … 101 781 099

The Trial: Sun & Summer
Code Tune LOTUS ELISE SERIES 1 SPORT 190 1999 … 163 751 426

EventLab: RICKRANGER711
Code Tune MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION VIII MR 2004 … 131 180 101

EventLab: SAMBUILDS YT
Code Tune BMW Z4 ROADTER 2019 … 145 413 984

Speed Trap: Gran Puente
Code Tune RIMAC CONCEPT TWO 2019 … 180 804 274

Speed Zone: Watersplash
Code Tune HOONIGAN FORD RS200 EVOLUTION 1986 … 331 075 001

Trail Blazer: Puerta Petrea
Code Tune HOONIGAN FORD RS200 EVOLUTION 1986 … 331 075 001

Seasonal Championship: Show Off
Code Tune BMW Z4 ROADSTER 2019 … 145 413 984

Seasonal Championship: Rocks and Roll
Code Tune MERCEDES-BENZ X-CLASS 2018 … 337 831 712

Seasonal Championship: Trailing Dirt
Code Tune PORSCHE 911 GT3 RS FORZA EDITION 2019 … 980 280 098

*** RALLY ADVENTURE ***

RA Danger Sign: La Cantera
Code Tune HOONIGAN FORD RS200 EVOLUTION 1986 … 174 373 542

RA Championship: Light Up the Night
Code Tune EXOMOTIVE EXOCET OFF-ROAD 2018 … 109 174 822

*** HOT WHEELS MAP ***

HW Drift Zone: Turbo Knot
Code Tune FORD #88 MUSTANG RTR 2018 … 432 965 622

HW Seasonal Championship: It’s Snow Joke
Code Tune KOENIGSEGG CC8S 2002 … 886 416 979

Super 7: Super Wheelspin

*** PS →

FH5 Release Notes: July 27th, 2023 (Hotfix)

Version Number:

• Xbox One: 2.604.481.0
  • Xbox Series: 3.604.481.0
  • PC: 3.604.481.0
  • Steam: 1.604.481.0

General

• Fixed an issue where game progress for some players was not correctly saved

LOST SAVE GAME PARTIAL: This issue isn’t fixed on Xbox One
There is a bug in this game: The game is NOT SAVING progress correctly:
I’m losing credits and levels achieved after exiting the game
And before I leave the game I go in and out of the safe house to try and save my game progress.
I don’t see that little ball in the right corner saving the game when entering and leaving a house (GARAGE) or the Festival (H)

and after the last update, the game doesn’t save the progress after 2 hours played

TEMPORARY SOLUTION
Before closing the game, I go into the settings and make a change to any of the options. Do it at least 3 times.
when you close the menu, next to the speedometer, the save symbol appears and then I close the game…

Programmers or game developers need to look through the game’s programming lines and see if there are any open commands about GAME SAVE and what happens after PLAYING IT 2 HOURS. This problem has been going on since the game’s release.

To know whether or not you will lose the partial progress of the game after 2 hours played, do a test tuning and see whether or not the photo of the car will appear in the tuning you did.

3 Likes

Thank you for this write up. I think I may need to reconsider some of my tuning choices.

For example, I never use aero on anything below A class, choosing to get grip from tire compound.
I think I get too caught up in not wanting to sacrifice speed so instead choose better tires and end up a bit underpowered.

Rally tires are interesting and not something I’ve considered in lower classes, but I was checking out some of the tunes that @TheGillesMuller posted and noticed COMoonStars Bentley 8 Litre used rally tires so I built mine with them and it actually feels good.

I don’t think I’ve ever used stock suspension in a tune so maybe I’ll do some experimenting.

I think I’ve picked up some bad habits along the way, in tuning and in life🙃, but I guess I’ve always been a creature of habit and kind of balk at anything that interferes or deviates from my routine.

1 Like

The thing you need to remember is anything that makes sense for tuning or setting up a car IRL. Doesn’t apply to the wonky FH5 physics. Sometimes you need to go against your better judgement and just try something that you keep telling yourself not to do. The trial next week should be another trial that actually favors RWD builds. For B class RWD with stock or sport suspension. You only need to focus on ARB’s, Dif, Tire PSI and possibly aero if you use it. Give it a try and let me know if I can help you with anything.

3 Likes

Berlinetta Is my favorite as well. I love that vintage race tire. It’s a pretty good PI bargain for most builds.

I prefer handling builds so I generally test my tunes on the Estadio circuit because I feel like it’s a good track to test for over/understeer, etc. but I feel like maybe that doesn’t necessarily translate to many of the sprint races where top speed is more desirable.

I’m curious if there’s a preferred sprint course you use to test your tunes?
I wish there was a way to know the exact courses in advance with enough time to tune before the new season starts.
I’ve always used race suspension because I feel like not being able to tune springs and dampers would limit my ability to tune out over/understeer.
Do you think ARB’s are the more important factor in tuning out those aspects?

1 Like

Unlike IRL where ARB’s play more of a “fine tuning” role with setting up a car for a race or track day. In FH5 ARB’s play a prominent role.

In every class below S1 I always start with the “stock” suspension options. Depending on the mechanical grip of that car and the aero options used. That will determine if I need to go to race suspension.

As an example recently did an S2000 tune for a trial. It was A800 and I wanted a no aero AWD build. The car on stock suspension had a lot of corner entry understeer on the stock suspension. With race suspension I was able to get that understeer dialed out.

So unlike IRL where I would start tuning a car first with caster, camber, suspension rates etc. I start with ARB’s and the stock suspension options before going to race suspension.

Now that is for AWD builds. Most A800 and above RWD builds you will probably want race suspension as damping and rebound play a big role with RWD builds.

Now this is just my opinion and how I go about tuning. There is some much more accomplished and experienced tuners here and hopefully they can chime in and maybe we both can learn something new. The only thing I can say for sure is don’t live in your comfort zone. Get uncomfortable try new things and you will be shocked at how much that experience will make you grow.

2 Likes

I don’t normally test on sprint courses. It’s to time consuming having to restart after every run. If I’m testing for a seasonal event than I will test for that specific sprint course. I typically test on HMC as it is a circuit with a really good mix of turns and it tends to favor power like most sprints.

1 Like

It’s my approach as well. Only a very small fraction of my <=A800 cars use aero. The good thing as I wrote before for B700 you often can compensate the aero with going up a tire tier.
But this already starts to fall apart for A800. I can’t think of any meta or off-meta build that’s not with aero.
Rallies and Drifts are too strong in dealing with power. Race tires are such a huge leap in PI that they often are the weaker choice even for S900.

I run non aero cars online on A800 (detuned '19 Porsche 911, detuned TVR Griffith, AMG A45 , C63 BS, Lotus Emira, Dodge Demon & Cadillac CT4-V) but they stand no chance against the powerful RWD aero cars or the centrifugal V8 AWD armada with Rallies and aero.

I mostly use Copper Canyon as a sprint test course. It has these long sweeping turns where you can perfectly set up the suspension (+aero on the higher classes).

2 Likes

Why re-start? You are only testing - just rewind any obvious errors to get a fair assessment of the car’s pace.

1 Like

True, but I can also rewind on circuits and continue to just eat laps while posting lap times for reference without having an “end” point while testing.

Anyone drive the Audi E-Tron lately? I used it for the photo challenge and driving was laggy and sluggish until I changed to another car.
Edit: Appears to be a fixed issue that has returned with recent update.

Sorry for slow reply…

Vintage - Miura, 2000GT, 250 Berlinetta, E-Type, Dino, 365 GTB/4, 356
Street - 911, 300SL, SSK, 250 California, DB5
Stock - Cobra
Rallies - 8 Litre

@Rayne_SE yes all in auto, I think yours + the Cobra were probably the most affected by that.

I’m tempted by the 365 for the Trial, I mean it’s bottom of the barrel but for some reason I quite like it.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Those all pretty much match up with what I went with.

The Cobra took me out of my comfort zone since there isn’t enough PI to AWD swap it and I ended up going with front and rear aero to try to tame the beast.
It has a ton of torque, so it still requires some throttle control to be effective, which isn’t my strong suit.

Kept the Porsche 911 RWD as well since it drives like an AWD anyway.

2 Likes

If anyone is interested, I made a tune for the Dino on vintage race tires, no aero. It doesn’t need aero though. My AWD swap is better than my RWD, so I’m only sharing the AWD.
SC is 143 307 679

3 Likes

So lately I’ve been running the seasonal championships in co-op for some variety.
Ran the s1900 rally monsters Baja trail and one of the drivers speed just didn’t seem right from the launch. Not gonna name names because I can’t prove it but they ran a 1:54.375 in the Audi S1 .Don’t know if it’s possible in the Audi s1 but seemed sketchy. Disappointing if true.

That’s a very plausible time.

I just “lined out” the Dino, and I’ll likely do the Berlinetta as well.

Coloring in the weird conical thing on the door was a challenge. The mapping of spaces like that is always a bit odd. I had to make a little bit of a border around the whole thing so that the vinyl didn’t have a weird “stretched” effect.

I’m open to suggestions on other cars and color combo requests.

Edit:
Super thankful about the update where they alpha-sorted the categories. That was a life saver. So much easier looking for “Rare Classics” in the “R” section, instead of hunting around randomly.

4 Likes

Yep technically possible which is why I’m 50/50 on what I saw. I’ve never gotten as a good a personal time in co-op compared to rivals because of the obvious stuff like traffic and contact . But who knows. :person_shrugging:

Looks good. You can never go wrong with that styling on the classics & of course you have to stay with the Ferrari red. I did a classic race theme on this one last year with a Rivals logo when we were using it for one of the weekly events.

My vote goes for “plausible time” too.
Literally just downloaded KapienPL’s tune (maybe there is something better) and started the championship without driving it. Understeered into wall once + went a bit wide at least twice.
Side note: I usually don’t drive cars above A class. That is just beyond my reflex.

As we speak about S1. I’ve currentyl two S1s. One probably from Playlist and other from Rally DLC IIRC. Are they the same model? They show up as “duplicate” in car menu, but would like to have confirmation, so I can delete one :wink: