Festival Playlist events and rewards Aug. 4-11 (Winter S10)

What the hell?! The Event Lab event didn’t suck this week. Are they under new management?

3 Likes

It would have been better if it was a race against one AI opponent. But I agree. It was well laid out.

2 Likes

The Eventlab one was really well made. Would love to see more like that. Shame it’s more a time trial than a race, though.

I like the Extreme E Championships even if it causes a lot of whining online.

I accidentally used the stock Ford Mach-E for Playground Games. Don’t do that.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! It’s a shame they ran it with no AI as the race track feels very empty without a race going on. My original blueprint has AI in it and they follow course (including the switch back and the slight chicane) without any problems. Although for any real competition you probably have to set it to unbeatable

7 Likes

Post the share code. It’s a highly technical course. Made me think of yaz (I think that’s the name) from fm7. It was a waste of time running it empty and not getting a time or anything.

1 Like

This was also the case in the HW championship. Magnet track loop + boosters in the third race (Ram’s Head, I think). I was right behind the drivatar in 1st place on one attempt, but they hit the booster and shot away much faster than I did or could even though we were both driving the same car.

Same goes for the FH4 championship this week, which is a repeat screening of the one-off autumn developers race. The drivatars have utterly unnatural speed and cornering.

:sunny: 178 265 363

:crescent_moon: 115 743 799

I recommend unbeatable drivatars or 1 down from that otherwise you’ll clear the field by end of first lap

8 Likes

For the Hot Wheels championship, I was using a car I hadn’t used in months. '97 GTO, I think. I’d have to check. With whatever tune it happened to have on it. I struggled at first. Kept coming in second. And yes, there was a point where I was in second, and hit the booster pad, and 3 cars suddenly blew past me, like they got twice as much juice out of it as I did. After failing the 3rd race on Ram’s head for like the 3rd or 4th time, I went and adjusted my tune, including an engine swap. Downgraded the tires to “sport” to get some PI back. Still came in second on multiple attempts. So I restarted the whole championship, and came in first every time, even on Ram’s head.

Cars getting more boost on the booster pads in HW might be a difference in the cars. I’ve noticed that in some cars I get more of a boost than the AI.

1 Like

Kudos '91 M3 with a C Class tune by GreetedDust8 for the trial. :sunglasses: Won a fantastic race with an Eclipse at Copper Canyon and then the next one by a big margin at Lookout.

Gets my vote as the best player blueprint in the game.

2 Likes

Agreed, great track

2 Likes

Am I having a senior moment ? …

Daily Challenge : Jump Around Jump 1,000 ft (305) in the Copper Canyon

Did the only Danger Sign I can see that might fit (Base Jump… it “ends/lands” in Copper Canyon) and easily made the required distance but no go.

?

2 Likes

I had the same problem in my first attempt with lambo sestoFE. On the second attempt with the same car it popped up and I don’t know why.

1 Like

Thanks Salfox69 :+1: Yep, I’d tried it a second and third time in case. All good landings and distance counted. No go. Guess I’ll try again later after a restart… stupid game… :roll_eyes:

EDIT : update - fwiw… I still had a minute to kill so I hit rewind on my “last” attempt (no. 4) and went again and it counted that time. Sooo… five times to get it to count. Joy :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Daily Challenge : Jump Around Jump 1,000 ft (305 M) in Copper Canyon.
I also did the only Danger Sign that might fit (Base Jump… it “ends/lands” in Copper Canyon) and easily made the required distance but no go. I wondered if it was the car I was using (X999 Koenisegg Jesko) but had a second go with the Jesko and the challenge completed successfully.

I then wondered if it was something to do with the boundary of Copper Canyon and in my second attempt I did go more to the left, landing near the railway line, and turned left again when slowing down after the landing.

1 Like

Yeah, hard to say what “trick” it needs. All my landings were in the same general area, on or near the road parallel to the tracks but I think the last one was the only one with a rolling landing and the rest were dead stop landings vertically. All in the same car fwiw (don’t think it’s the issue, this time) Lambo Sesto FE.

1 Like

Did it with the Porsche Taycan. 1 ran, 1 count, jumped and hit the road.

BMW i8 BaseJump on the first try. About 1100 feet. Stuck the landing.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it yet. Probably tomorrow. But the Copper Canyon danger sign is a bit jank in general. I’ve had the launch register only a few feet and stop while I’m still midair. I’ve had a perfect launch, only to have the landing fail for no reason. Made more annoying by the fact that failure means having to go all the way back around to the top, or else fast travel to try again.

4 Likes