EventLab checkpoints not working

i decided to mess around with EventLab but when i test the route some checkpoints don’t register as having gone through them and i get the “checkpoint missed” popup with the rewind feature. i have redone the route numerous times and have finally given up. yet another feature not working correctly in the long list of bugs and flaws this game has. i am beginning to think my $100+ was wasted on this steaming pile.

1 Like

Same experience here. Event labs/Route editor needs a complete reconstruction. Its barely functional at its best and nonfunctional at its worst. Releasing this feature without an Edit Saved Route option is tantamount to criminal negligence. Hours upon hours building only to find out that one thing is wrong and you have to remake the whole thing to fix it should have been dead obvious from any single test in development that this feature should be held back. I believe it was pushed out just to have a tickbox of a new feature with the distinct lack of them in this iteration of the Horizon series, being that it is the most derivative yet.

There are tons of bugs in route creator like this. Another one is that it appears if you make a track long enough, it refuses to register its own startfinish for a circuit race. I spend 8 hours trying to make a road circuit out of the volcano route only to finish it and not be able to complete the circuit. I tried everything. Restarting the route, Deleting all the objects around the would be start/finish. Nothing. the route was bugged. This wouldnt even really be an issue if one of two features were present. One being the ability to edit a saved route. Two being the basic ability to place your race start location. Very very very very basic and fundamental track building features that just seem to be absent despite this whole mode having existed for almost 2 years now in Horizon 4 lacking the same basic features. Hotwheels got this right. Its just pathetic.

2 Likes

Yeah having the same issue hope that this gets fixed just made my first race twice because it was saying checkpoint missed right near the end of the route had taken a long time to build both times I thought that I might have done something wrong the first time around but tried again with checkpoints a little further apart and still getting the checkpoint missed message definitely must be a bug

Just made a sweet little banger race in town, props and everything. Im pretty pleased. Testing the track however, turns out I have to drive a whole lap before the first checkpoint even registers and then the 4th one suddenly doesnt count and puts me and the other drivatars in an endless you missed the checkpoint/respawn loop. That really motivates me to make another track!!!

Dear Turn 10, just look at the rockstar track creator, thats how you do it. Checkpoints are always visible and movable individually. You can save and load tracks, even ones that have previously published. But please, go back to the blueprint setup you had before so I can actually make stuff and play my own blueprints offline.

I concur, I just spent 8 hours making a super lengthily stunt track only for it to not work around half way due to 2 broken checkpoints, even though theyre not out of the way or in the air. I’m honestly pissed, this makes me want to go back to GTA stunt races. at least things worked there.

I have experienced this on several new Eventlab routes. I tried to recreate the route from the checkpoint just prior to the error, but tested again to find the same problem shifted to another checkpoint. It’s very frustrating. A fix to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Still broken tried to make a circuit race get half way round the track says I’ve missed a checkpoint but I haven’t and tried with just 2 checkpoints and the finish line won’t activate at all so I’m stuck can’t save the event because I can’t finish it makes no sense. How hard is it to code a checkpoint has the car gone through yes or no if yes activate next checkpoint why have all this route nonsense that just breaks the checkpoint anyway it’s pointless.

You only need to pass the startpoint again
With circuits you do not place a finish line

Beware, the start and finish point is invisible (a bug) and in the middle of the road, only indicated by the white marker line in the air.
I suggest putting some construction there to prevent people passing it too far on the side.

Just encountered this bug myself, but was able to correct it.

In my case, the issue was I’d created a circuit route that went through the start/finish line more than once - it started at the stadium, went around it, took you across the map, then looped around the stadium again at the end, but you passed through the start/finish line as an ordinary checkpoint along the way.

This confused the game and it couldn’t correctly parse where the starting line was, so during testing I couldn’t make it through the first checkpoint without a “missed checkpoint” error because it didn’t register I’d passed through the start line. You can’t overlap the start/finish line at all without this happening, it would seem. I removed a few checkpoints so you wouldn’t overlap it and it let me finish setting up the event.