EventLab - Some players are not able to open some EventLabs when Car Park parts are used (3899963)

Sometimes when I go to edit a route I have been working on the game freezes on the loading screen and has to be force quit.
Means I can’t finish routes I have started, sometimes after many hours of building time.
It has been suggested to me this is only a problem with the snappable props?
I’m not sure if it is or not but all routes I have had trouble with so far make use of those props.

Possible replication for this issue.

Start a custom event at a PG start point to create a king or infected map. Place a few things. Then save, exit the game. Relaunch and it possibly won’t be able to edit that blueprint.

2 Likes

Hi folks, for anyone affected please report the share code for your event if you have one. The share code will be the most efficient way for the team to reproduce this issue.

2 Likes

I’ve submitted a ticket so hopefully im not the only one with this issue.

EDIT: ( was trying to reshare event to see if it would do anything): My sharecode is 497 204 015 that is having the issue. If i knew the carpark props would cause this i wouldve never used them.

3 Likes

The May 23rd, 2023 content update included a fix for EventLab crashes while editing projects.
@PurplePetrol13 @Twisted_Knot please post if this issue is fixed for you or persistent after installing the update (version *.588.95.0)

My blueprint is still not working after the update. I just get a black screen with buffering icon frozen right before it loads up. I can still hear environmental noises in the background like birds chirping etc.

My Forza ticket is still open so i think they’re still investigating.

1 Like

has anyone else experienced this issue after the update?

1 Like

I’m afraid I’m still having the same issue. The first couple of routes I had trouble with I didn’t even get to the point where I was ready to share a blueprint so they have been deleted however there is one using the new stadium oval start point that I still have issues with. The game freezes on loading in to edit the route. I did manage to share a blueprint making use of this route. Share Code: 481 681 063. Also should probably mention this is on PC too in case its a platform exclusive problem.

3 Likes

Hey Purple Petrol,

Currently myself and a few other creators have found a link between EventLab not loading and a prop from the carpark pack which believe it or not is the first prop I saw when loading your map up.

Car Park Wall.

It seems when you use an excess of this wall it completely bugs out the game. This information has been handed over to the relevant places.

For now AVOID using the car park pack walls.

Thanks
T.Knot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey PetrolHead, I see your map also is using the car park props, however our eventlab community members are attempting to find out the cause and it seems to mainly be with the carpark walls more than anything, however to be on the extra safe side maybe avoid the car park pack.

2 Likes

To condense on the above
SHARECODES FOR EVENTS NON WORKING TO EDIT.

124 008 668
481 681 063
145 474 498
160 056 314 (KING EVENT)

All of these maps have the carpark props in common,
specifically the carpark wall. To those reading this reply
please add your non working SC below and mention if
your map uses carpark pack props.

Thanks
TK

3 Likes

Hey-Hello.

Sharing my Eventlab Creation Blueprint affect by this issue - SHARE CODE: 125 296 949

Please note that:

• the blueprint contains heavy use of Car Park Props use
  • the blueprint “reached” a breaking point at 49% Prop Use, any other prop added beyond that point would lead to an infinite black screen state, regardless of it being Car Park prop or any other prop available, when attempting to Edit the blueprint further
  • the Blueprint is finished and playable, after editing/building in one continues session beyond the 49% Prop Use point

I’m available for any questions regarding details/reproduction steps.

Thank you,
MJ

5 Likes

It didn’t work, please see the other comments on this forum post with other content creator issues, we have narrowed down what we believe to be the issues.

3 Likes

Thank you! My last couple of routes have remained editable after either not using a large amount of car park props or by avoiding using those pieces altogether.

Hopefully if the problem is narrowed down to being those props specifically it may help PGG track down what’s causing those pieces to do that!

3 Likes

I still can’t edit my eventlab route that had all those carpark props. Not going to re do it because it will take forever to do it all over again. Hopefully more people report this because it’s quite frustrating as a fairly new prop introduced into the game.

1 Like

Edit: New Eventlab 2.0 sorted it and I can edit once again…

3 Likes

Well crud.

I’ve JUST run into this same blasted issue and it seems highly likely it is also due to using the carpark wall prop. There were quite a few of them placed, specifically around the dock area at the start of the route.

Edit: Pretty sure I also used them as barriers for the highway section closer to the end.

Same issue, immediate game freeze with a black loading screen and the little white “donut” in the corner locking up.

Share code is 357 442 003.

Please find a way to fix this!! I’ve finally started tackling this project which had been in mind before FH5 released based off early screenshots. Poured most of yesterday into building only to find it now broken. Feeling pretty gutted over here!

9/12 edit: The Eventlab 2.0 update seems to have fixed this issue, I’m able to open up my blueprint for editing! THANK YOU!!

5 Likes