Error Message While Starting

Hi,
I have been receiving an error message while trying to play Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 2 that reads, “An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later.” I called Xbox Support and we tried many different things, but none of them worked. They told me to contact the developer of the game(s). Forza Motorsport 6 is probably my favorite game on my Xbox, and none of my other games are doing this. I don’t know if anyone else has received this message in either game but it won’t let me play at all. Should I uninstall and reinstall the game?
Thanks,
Ben Moore

Any luck yet, Ben?

I’m having the same problem. But I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it’s still not working.

Steven

Hi Steven,
No luck yet. Have tried to clear my cache, power cycle, uninstall and reinstall, etc. Xbox Support told me that there was nothing wrong with my Xbox, so it must be a game/game software issue. It’s super frustrating. What are you planning on doing?
Ben

Yeah. It is really frustrating.

At this point, my only option is to wait for Tuesday’s FM6 update and cross my fingers that it fixes the problem.

That’s true
The thing that concerns me about that is my FH2 is doing the sane thing. I love that game but if I have to choose it is denfinately FM6. If the update doesn’t fix this I don’t know what will.:frowning:
Ben

It looks like the only options aside from the update (if that even fixes it), is to delete both cloud and Xbox save files… :frowning:

Same issue here

Same here

I fixed mine by resetting my Xbox to default and then redownloading the game. I think the game had an issue in the software or something.

1 Like