Dodge Caliber 2007-2012

2009 Dodge Caliber SRT-4

In 2006, Dodge unveiled the SRT-4 version of the Caliber in the Chicago Auto Show as a replacement from the Neon SRT-4. It would compete with the other hot hatchbacks such as Mazdaspeed 3, VW Golf GTI, Ford Focus RS, and even Honda Civic Type R. It went on sale from 2008-2009 only, while the standard Caliber is produced from 2007-2011. It ended its life in the 2012 model year, to be replaced by the Dart GT as its successor.

Although, this is the most powerful hatchback Dodge has ever built. It has a 2.4 World DOHC 16V turbo I4 engine producing 285HP and 265 lb⋅ft (359 N⋅m) of Torque. The only transmission offered is the 6-speed Manual. How much can it take to push this car above and beyond the limits of considering it as an everyday performance vehicle? All of the power is sent to the Front wheels only, like most Hatchbacks.

It was never available in all racing games ever since it debuted in the real world. So sad that every game developer never cared/heard that the Caliber had an SRT trim level. Now a lot of time has passed, the Magnum SRT-8 is added in FH5’s Car Pass. So I might hope that Forza will be the first game franchise to have this Caliber SRT-4 in their games as if we can all remember how good this masterpiece was back in the previous days. Such an underrated car btw. The one racing game that has the Caliber is Need For Speed (from Hot Pursuit all the way to the most recent title Unbound), but problem is - it’s an AI Traffic car as always, and it’s an SXT.

I’m sure that this will be a message to Turn 10 & Playground Games for those developers to read so there will be a big chance to have this car laser-scanned to Forza Motorsport and Horizon, simultaneously.

CALIBER SRT-4 REALLY DESERVES TO TAKE PART IN RACING GAMES!!!

10 Likes