Display owned/not-owned cars in Auction House

With more and more cars in the garage, it becomes harder and harder to keep track of which cars you own and which you don’t. Hence, when shopping in Auction House, it is very common to purchase duplicate cars by mistake, as I talked to several players and they all have the same frustration at some point.

A very simple solution is to display which cars you own in Auction House listing, similar to how the Autoshow shows a small “owned” tag on cars players already have.

If implemented, this may have an impact on liquidity - listed cars in Auction House may not sell as easily as they used to since there are fewer players buying duplicate cars. To offset that to some degree (hopefully), maybe setting this display feature as a toggle with default off.

Please click vote on the left corner if you feel the same.

A way to search for cars on the auction house that you do not currently own! I can’t remember all cars I have and look through one by one…

Yes! And a way to see a car in your garages current auction values without being 1 freaking click away from accidently selling your own.

1 Like

Great idea.

Agree, maybe as tags. The only way right now is manually checking a spreadsheet for season exclusive cars, or make our own for expensive cars that we’d like

i think they need to add an option to advance search to find cars “not owned” im only needing a few more cars like 40 but checking each one drives me mad anyone else have this problem.

2 Likes

It’s pretty easy to see if you look at “Car Collection”

Autoshow you can sort not owned too. Auction not so much, but look at AS first. Lots of stuff cheaper than AH there. ‘08 M3, COPO,…

It is findable but I understand what he’s asking. And it would be really nice if the auction house listing had a tag that said if it was a car you already owned. Just a check marker like in the Forzathon Shop. It shouldn’t be too hard to add. It seems like either FH4 or FM7 had this feature it their AH.

1 Like

i know what cars i dont own. but searching the auction house one by one to find out there is non for sale is very annoying

1 Like

Oh if that’s all it just buy the cars and move on…

FM7 does. As I recall it treats cars that were available as 'special dealer ’ versions that have a higher collectors value as a different car which I feel is nonsense. That issues would not exist in FH.

Agree, I’m 3 cars short of completing my collection accolade. It’s way easier to search Not-owned vehicles.

@blakey000 I’ve merged your thread from FH5 Discussion into this one. Be sure to Vote at the top of the topic.

Hey I really wish we had a label or something on the auction screen to show that we have a car in the garage or collected while browsing the auctions. I already bought one duplicate car and it made me create a spreadsheet to reference while I am buying cars but I really wish there was a way to have the owned or collected cars marked while browsing the auction screen.

5 Likes

Yes Great idea!

1 Like

Or you mean, have an option to filter them out. One quick little toggle switch in case we are looking for cars to complete the index or not.

2 Likes

I mentioned this in another ideas thread, but the ability to click a link from the car collectors menu on shadows of cars you dont have that takes you to the auctions for that specific car would save so much time.

1 Like

I’m still not sure why it’s not added, seems like they could basically copy and paste the option from the autoshow / your garage. It would make so many players’ glad to stop just wasting time scrolling and checking their garage/ auto house for minutes to realize they dont have the car.

2 Likes

I would love this feature, and it seems so easy to implement since its already a function in the auto show. I’m so sick of going back and forth on my car collection page to figure out the correct car I’m looking for. Also sorting buy not owned, would make it much easier to bid on multiple cars I’m missing at once, instead of individually looking up each car. Overall seems like a huge QoL update, without any serious dev time needed to implement it.

1 Like