Demo - PC demo released Nov. 3

Showing my age, I guess. H1 was too long ago to remember and now that I think of it, H2 was already released when I got my One. I stand corrected.

1 Like

I remember the drama surrounding the original Horizon demo more than the demo itself, haha.

But yes, Forza 5 is the only Forza in the entire series that hasn’t had a demo so it’s a pretty safe bet we’ll see one for Horizon 3 =)

1 Like

Why do they release the demo only a weeks from release… why not NOW so we can have a taste of things to come? :wink:

1 Like

Looked like a three race demo at E3… when do the masses get it

Stay tuned.

AR12

Man i wish they would just release the E3 demo :frowning:

1 Like

tbh i’d rather wait for a different demo than play something i have already seen other people play over and over again

1 Like

I believe the ‘demo’ was in fact a compiled E3 mini-game, which is what’s usually how media gets their hands on experience.

The demo will most likely hit as previously mentioned early in September, around 14 days prior to the games official release, not the a Early Access release.

More than likely on September the 13th which is a Tuesday, which is the day that they usually release content. And is exactly 14 days before release date. Plus it’s the second Tuesday of the month, which is of course the same window they usually release content.

Do,that whole window works with both evgsmes release, the usual time frame the team works with both Early Access and the full game release date.

Perhaps we’ll get a special edition of the Lamborghini like we did with Forza 6 and the Cover Car Ford GT…?

Which could be how we get a special edition ? That would be great.

OZ

They won’t.

We’ll get something much better, with access to the open world and online integration.

At least if their past demos are any example. =)

1 Like

So excited. Too bad we have to wait until then

When is forza horizon 3 demo comming out for us to try and see if we really want it

Mate, if you ‘read’ the previous posts, not just the thread title, you’ll see that almost everyone has commented that it’ll most likely be on the 13th which is 14 days prior to its release officially, not the Early Access.

Taking your time to read all the posts usually gives you the answers to your questions. Then you have something to work from, then pass your thoughts onto the r st of the community.

Read -write is the best way mate… Expect it 2 weeks prior to official release.

And mate, I’m not trying to be a smarty pants, just passing on some forum functionalities etc…

OZ

2 Likes

Of course this will depend on the size of the thread as well. This tells it fairly fast, so it’s easy to find :stuck_out_tongue: All tho im really looking forward to trying out the demo. And not to mention the full game. Med and a mate plans on playing together with the map off. So we really get to learn the area well

Not really, one only needs to check a few in the first pages as that’s usually where the answer is. The rest is discussion on it - usually.

Not sure how you’re going to turn the map off. Is that possible. How would you play it. Just drive around in circles in a fixed area.?

You’re need a map to travel around wouldn’t you…right.

Not sure what you mean about turning the map off mate?

OS

Turn off the mini map. Hardly ever uses it on. We know the area really well thanks to it. And making up different challenges. Like try to find a specific place in the world. But you can’t look at the map. And can’t drive on the road (beside crossing it). It’s just more fun to explore and try and learn the area without the mini map on. Makes you try and learn the world another way :smiley: Does the same thing in GTA V for example. We used the map a lot in the start. But wanted just to turn it off for a challenge. And we found the world to almost change. Instead of using the map to navigate as im sure most people would. We would have to learn to look for different signs, landmarks etc. And it just gave fun different way to play the game. But th is might not be for everyone tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahh, that makes sense then… Best to explain it better in your initial posts mate. So that everyone that might not know what you’re meaning can understand… If that makes sense.

So you’ll initially use it to know the basics, then once you and your friends have got the hang of the terrain, road rules, signage etc, you turn it off then explore the various areas.

How would you know if there’s any hidden barns and stuff. Do the indicators show up for you that you’re in a barn find area etc.

Plus, notice how I spaced your post above.

Thet helps PPP that have reading difficulties to read the post properly. As if anyone does have reading issues, the brain has difficulty in reading more than 3-5 lines before it starts having difficulty in mapping the lines.

They begin to merge into one. Words get kissed, complete lines get lost. Do the post is often misread.

Which is often a huge issue on these forums.

Again, not trying to be smart, just trying to point out reading issues some ppl have online.

Cheers…OZ.

How I use the spacing really depends. Like if it’s a flow with the same subject I might pull it a bit longer. Just normal for me. But if I change subjects etc I tend to space it out some more. Didn’t think it would end up as clustered as it did. So I’ll take the blame on that one :slight_smile: No harm done

We didn’t really turn the map off before. We just thought it might gives a challenge and gave it a shot. And we find it rather surprising. How depended we where on the map to find the way etc. How we would look almost more on the map to guide ourself than the environment. It just gave us a whole new way of finding our way.

When it comes to barn find etc we would often stumble over them. Even before we could unlock that specific barfind. It’s due to the different challenges etc we create to keep the game interesting. Making our own top gear challenges etc.

When it comes to FH3 we will try and start the game without the mini map on from the start. Just drive around exploring. Lets say we start at the bottom right. Then we set our self a challenge to find the airport up left. And first one there is the winner. Stuff like that just to get to know the area, learn how to guide ourself through the world.

The funny part is. The world tend to feel bigger when you don’t guide yourself by a map. Noticed that both with GTA and FH2. It just felt smaller with the mini map on.

So that’s one of the reasons im really looking forward to the demo. It might just be a small part. But it would give a great impression on the world is :smiley:

Something to remember is, that there’s more map ABOVE the demarcation line that runs slightly above Syrpers a Paradise. The upper top righthand side of the ‘current’ map.

As they intend dropping in areas from all 7 Australian a States, NSW (Byron Bay), Victoria, South Aistralia,ACT, Western Australi, Tasmainia, Queensland.

Do you already have several areas of 3 States thus far. And remembering that Tasmainia is a Island, and of course will probably only use the centre and down to the lower end of Tassie, as the Western coast of Tassie is just undrivable. Too mountainous.

We have 3 areas of Victoria so far, some of NSW and two main areas of Queensland that I can see so far.

Just a reminder though, especially to ppl new to Australia. The map has areas from different states merged into each other, and it’s in no way representable of what Australia is really like. It’s a geographical mis-mash of regions and states.

Just a forewarning to those expecting the whole of Australia heheheh…,.

But I see where you’re going with the idea, not bad actually. You’d have to map it off in your heads or even jot things down to remember later.

Aldo remembering, that this map is two times as large as the full Horizon 2 map.

OZ

Yeah I know. Australia alone would be to big to have the whole ordeal. Beside. I really think the game would gain more by taking the best and making it a bit more compact. Than something like The Crew did. Not full map of course. But still really big. And the handling psychic suffered from it.

Just as long as it’s not as fenced in a 2 was. Finding weird fences way out in the bush etc took away some of the fun. So that’s why im happy it’s two times larger. It might not be to times bigger in physical size. But the area to drive is two times bigger. So im really looking forward to this^^

Beside. I really do think that the outback in Australia would be a bit to huge and big really. A bit to much empty space with one really long, straight road (would be great for high speed runs tho) Hopefully the demo will show the full map. Im fairly curious to how it would end up being.