Debris Remains on the Track During Circuits

Just an immersion detail. After all, the festival’s cleaning and construction crews can’t work that fast.

But the debris remains on the circuit already… I play on XSX and if I destroy a sign or a fence, it remains destroyed until the end. But it would be awesome if the car parts remained too, like the rearview mirrors and the spoilers

1 Like

I performed an experiment today, and it seems you are both correct and incorrect.

On a circuit, I knocked over various items on the first lap, and on the second lap, a majority of the items respawned with some items still being knocked over/destroyed while other items disappeared entirely.

What items respawned, what items remained knocked over, and what items disappeared wasn’t consistent either. On one attempt, one knocked down road sign disappeared entirely on the second lap, and on the second attempt, the same road sign respawned on the second lap.

As a result, I think the suggestion still stands, though I should clarify that the debris remaining on the track should be consistent rather than at random.

1 Like

The gane loads in map assets in your field of view as you see them. Which is why assets from the main map respawn in. They leave your field of view then you hit your second lap, and so it loads the data again.
However assets that are added to the map solely for the purpose of the race are loaded in once at the start of the race and will stay destroyed as they only load upon starting the event

1 Like

Interesting. Didn’t know that actually.

Also, you have probably seen an AI ahead of you drive through an obstacle and not destroy it and yet once you reach it you then destroy it slowing you down this. This is because at distance it loads in objects at low Level Of Detail (LOD) which often doesn’t include parameters like mass and destructibility, they also have a lower level of visual detail. The easiest way to notice LOD changes is with trees. At a distance it is low LOD and has fewer leaves but as you get closer it changes to a high LOD for the asset and often has a ‘pop’ as all of the sudden theres twice as many leaves on the tree.

1 Like

This I’ve noticed, but I always assumed that the AI just phased through objects when out of sight of the player, but the objects not even loading when out of sight makes more sense. Frankly, how Playground have glossed over this for four games is astounding.