Crash - Crash may occur after receiving DLC car as a gift - 3896802

This needs to be stopped somehow. Seems like gifted DLC cars are crashing the game. Getting this message and once clicked, game just crashes with no error.

Crashed the game right after this message.

I wasn’t aware that there were platform specific DLC cars in the game. I’m on a PC and have all currently available cars including the Ford GT OPI and the Ford Coupe 32 X-Box controller car.

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware that was possible either. Had always heard otherwise. Something crashed my game though. Perhaps it was one of those cars and since I didn’t obtain them through their original means, it caused the crash. I have no way of knowing since after going back into the game, whatever car I had recieved, isn’t in my garage.

2 Likes

Me too, and I hope that it gets resolved soon

6 Likes

I have this same thing happened to me today then 5 min later I was gifted wheel spins instead of the blank check your wheel spins .also have come across very doggy servers today with moded car they wait on start line to put cheat on then fly past on ralis .

4 Likes

Someone give me a DLC car, and my forza horizon 5 is crashed…

5 Likes

Same here. Received unknown DLC car on PC, game closes with no error message… I own all DLC, including car pack.

7 Likes

I had the exact same thing happen to me today. After booting the game back up post-crash the gift was still waiting for me at the barn. Same thing happened and crashed my game.

5 Likes

Yeaaa, don’t think I’ll be accepting any gift drops for the time being

5 Likes

So something weird just happened. I was driving around after ignoring the gift this time (maybe 20min after?) trying to knock down some signs and the message “Gift from arebas waiting for you in a barn (or something similar)” and then the game crashed. Hopefully I don’t keep on crashing.

4 Likes

This is happening to me ALL THE TIME!!! I’m starting to think people are trolling. I can’t open my gifts without the game crashing from DLC cars.

6 Likes

Same thing just happened to me, except every time I try to relaunch the game it just crashes on startup so I don’t know how to get back into my game.

3 Likes

I was driving around in freeroam until I came across a gift site with a car ready for me to claim. I went up to it and everything played out normally until the “gift received” message popped up. Instead of an image of a car, an X took its place. It also didn’t tell me who sent the gift after “From.” At the bottom, the caption read, “This DLC Car DLC Car has been added to your garage.” I don’t own any of the DLCs, and if it matters, I play on PC. Also, the typical “You have received a gift from x” message did not appear during gameplay.

5 Likes

I got this issue also in airfield barn and it happened again in next session. In following sessions I immediately see gift car waiting in that same barn but I haven’t tried to get it third time because I don’t want more crashes. That car is still waiting there after I visited Hot Wheels map and got back. I didn’t have the two new Cupras before those two crashes, but I still got similar crash third time after getting Cupras and waiting a few hours. I have Microsoft store PC version with all common DLC but no rare ones.

2 Likes

Seems it fixed it’s self, won’t be opening gifts anytime soon, ironically before my game crashed I chose the message option “You made my day! Thanks!” lol

2 Likes

I can confirm this is still happening. I gave it the same reply lol

4 Likes

yeah, same.
I crashed no matter which option I chose.

4 Likes

This just happened to me too, it happened to me after getting an error saying “your profile cannot be verified” after trying to collect credits from a car I sold at the auction house. Shortly before trying to collect the credits from the auction I was gifted a Mosler MT900S. After restarting the game the Mosler was gone along with some progress from the Forzathon challenge. I checked the barn where the Mosler was and it said a gift was waiting, but when I went there It said DLC car DLC car has been added to your garage and crashed.

3 Likes

Kek

4 Likes

I have the exact same problem game keeps crashing

3 Likes